Laval Quasar Combo

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Laval Quasar Combo

Post by Exiled on Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:49 am

This deck has currently been tearing up the scene in the OCG and there are many reason why. It is very consistent because all the cards needed for the combo are unlimited and also you only need 3 cards in your hand to start it. A card that was released not to long ago in the OCG has pushed Laval's borderline broken due to its ability to rapidly fuel the grave with 5 Laval's, this card is none other then "Molten Transmission Field".

Send 2 "Laval" monsters from your Deck to the Graveyard.

Now just by looking at it's effect you should realize why this card is broken, but if you didn't get it let me help you out. Just by activating "Molten Transmission Field" you can effectively fill the grave using any Laval monster and Tender of the Laval Volcano, activate Tender's effect to send 2 more tender then finally sending 1 more Laval monster. This can be great for abusing Laval Dragon's effect to bounce cards or abusing Laval Lady of the Burning Lake, but I think the most promising is using it for a combo to summon Shooting Quasar Dragon.

The Combo

All you need in hand is 1 "Molten Transmission Field", 1 "Rikindling" and 1 of either "Boost Warrior" or "Searing Wall of Fire", which can be achieved using Gold Sarcophagus, Pot of Duality and "Reinforcements of the Army" for Boost Warrior.

Step 1: Activate "Molten Transmission Field" sending 1 Laval Magma Canonneer and 1 Tender of the Laval Volcano

Step 2: Use Tender of the Laval Volcano's effect to send another Tender of the Laval Volcano (Repeat Step 2)

Step 3: Use the last Tender of the Laval Volcano's effect to send another Laval Magma Cononneer

Step 4: Activate "Rekindling" and special summon 3 Tender of the Laval Volcano and 2 Laval Magma Canonneer

Step 5: Synchro T.G. Hyper Librarian, using 1 Tender of the Laval Volcano and 1 Laval Magma Canonneer

Step 6: Synchro Laval Dragon (Ideally), using 1 Tender of the Laval Volcano and 1 Laval Magma Canonneer, draw 1 card from T.G. Hyper Librarian

Step 7 (Optional): Use Laval Dragon's effect and return 2 Tender of the Laval Volcano and 2 Laval Magma Canonneer to bounce 2 cards your opponent controls

Step 8: Special summon Boost Warrior from your hand OR activate "Searing Wall of Fire" to special summon 1 token. NOTE: If you use Searing Wall of Fire to provide the level 1 monster you must leave at least 1 Laval monster in your graveyard, therefore you can only bounce 1 card your opponent controls using Laval Dragon.

Step 9: Synchro Formula Synchron, using Tender of the Laval Volcano and Boost Warrior/token, draw 2 cards, 1 from Formula Synchron's effect, 1 from T.G. Hyper Librarian's effect

Step 10: Synchro Shooting Quasar Dragon, using T.G. Hyper Librarian, Laval Dragon and Formula Synchron.

So there you have it, you have successfully summoned Shooting Quasar Dragon while keeping hand advantage and removing your opponents field advantage. I hope you enjoyed this little combo/play, some of you may have known about it but quite a lot probably didn't. Leave a positive comment if you enjoyed this, I will be posting more combo's if people like them.

Exiled

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 10000
Reputation Points : 23
Pro Decklists : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Laval Quasar Combo

Post by Harbinger on Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:01 am

this deck has yet to top in any of the shriek OCG tournaments...
Junk Doppel has better combos anyways lol.

Where has this topped at all in the OCG tournaments?
It's all Agents and inzekts in their OCG tournies.

Edit: Shriek's website, showing any tournaments it gets to go to:
http://imgur.com/HXg7y

The currently "Owning" deck in OCG is TG Agent-Angel and Junk Doppel.
Lavals are currently "Sucking" in the OCG due to Junk Doppels' ability to synchro summon faster, with different cards.
(Not to troll, flame or anything)
Not saying that the combo above is bad, but unreliable at times.
Junk Doppel seems to stay alive even when their cards get "Warninged" "Judgmented" Ect. ect.
Relying on that one card can be devastating, especially when you don't draw it.

Spoiler:
[15:47:34] @ Amy Cool : sup felas
[15:47:38] train : oh
[15:48:32] train : we are watchig harb bully someone :I
[15:49:10] LethalAfterZ : harb is bullying the slifers
[15:49:12] LethalAfterZ : ._.
[15:50:22] @ Amy Cool : lol
[15:50:50] @ Amy Cool : harb bully an obi

Harbinger

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 34699
Reputation Points : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by darkness evil on Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:59 am

Harb get ur facts right tho Inzekt top and win in ocg so do agents but laval wins more than Junk dopple its doing really good in ocg not sucking at all ive seen it a lot come in first second and third places all over

darkness evil

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 1830
Reputation Points : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by BliTz on Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:06 am

yes lavals did top and they're doing quite better than junk doppel, however no matter the case Harburger you shouldn't just try to insult his combo because it might not be good in certain circumstances. they are risks in every combo and surely the quaser in the end is worth it

BliTz

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Duel Points : 3430
Reputation Points : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiled on Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:48 pm

@harb I respect your opinion very much but when you just blatenly try to insult me when the only facts you have a a few tournaments posted on skriek is ridiculous. I understand agents are the top deck over their and junk doppel has many combos but that was not the point of the post. It was to show the power of the laval decks which are catching wind over there and STARTING to become a force never did I say they were the dominant deck in the OCG. Again this is a COMBO you have many other options in the deck depending on your build, also any COMBO is stopped by a well time warning etc.

Exiled

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 10000
Reputation Points : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by mimgrim on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:39 am

i know this is a bit of a late reply but this is the first time ive notice this topic XD anyway ive never had luck with this combo becuase i for some odd reason can never draw rekindiling also i think kinka is a better card for this deck the boost warrior :/

DA YCS #3 top 16~
Spammer of the year 2012~

"Everyone has their own little internal world - a secret garden only they can enter. Each world follows its own internal logic - individuality. And the logic of one world means nothing in another. Understanding other people isn't hard.....It's Impossible." - Joshua TWEWY

mimgrim

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 1468
Reputation Points : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Flare on Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:43 pm

@mimgrim wrote:i know this is a bit of a late reply but this is the first time ive notice this topic XD anyway ive never had luck with this combo becuase i for some odd reason can never draw rekindiling also i think kinka is a better card for this deck the boost warrior :/

Something must be wrong with your deck then, I run Lavals and I have a 99.9% chance to draw Rekindling throughout the duel, my deck is just lucky, I guess, I also have a 83.4% chance to draw Rekindling in first hand, and a 77.3% chance to draw 2 rekindlings in first hand. Drawing all 3 rekindlings would be considered a bad hand and I've never done that. (i hope im not necroposting, Im just now seeing this)

Nova Flare

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 220
Reputation Points : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by mimgrim on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:02 pm

@Nova Flare wrote:
@mimgrim wrote:i know this is a bit of a late reply but this is the first time ive notice this topic XD anyway ive never had luck with this combo becuase i for some odd reason can never draw rekindiling also i think kinka is a better card for this deck the boost warrior :/

Something must be wrong with your deck then, I run Lavals and I have a 99.9% chance to draw Rekindling throughout the duel, my deck is just lucky, I guess, I also have a 83.4% chance to draw Rekindling in first hand, and a 77.3% chance to draw 2 rekindlings in first hand. Drawing all 3 rekindlings would be considered a bad hand and I've never done that. (i hope im not necroposting, Im just now seeing this)

i think DN shuffeler just hates me TBH as i draw some of the worst hand ever >_< and my laval deck is a 40 card deck im just unable to draw rekindiling for some reason i can thin the deck to 18 cards in one turn but i never seem to draw the cursed rekindiling ._.

DA YCS #3 top 16~
Spammer of the year 2012~

"Everyone has their own little internal world - a secret garden only they can enter. Each world follows its own internal logic - individuality. And the logic of one world means nothing in another. Understanding other people isn't hard.....It's Impossible." - Joshua TWEWY

mimgrim

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 1468
Reputation Points : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackLeg-Sanji on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:31 pm

@Nova Flare wrote:

99,9% Drawing possibility is and will be impossible unless u are using hax

BlackLeg-Sanji

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 150
Reputation Points : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Flare on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:29 am

Exaggeration dude, exaggeration. It was a metaphor to say that I draw Rekindling ALOT. -_-

Nova Flare

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 220
Reputation Points : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: