XYZ CTO Deck

View previous topic View next topic Go down

XYZ CTO Deck

Post by Synoptik on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:22 pm

Just looking for advice on maximising the draw power of this deck and make it faster. This is a common theme in most new decks that I've built, mainly because I'm unsure of various new cards and what would be deemed staple, etc. due to my lengthy absence from the game. (NB. I gave up the game at the end of booster pack series 3, came back in mid series 5, then left again end of series 5. This is my first attempt at deck building since. Any new cards thrown in are based on duels I've had since coming back.)

So, here's the deck:

Monsters (29) [3 Normal + 26 Effect]:
3x X-Head Cannon
3x Cyber Dragon
1x Cyber Eltanin
2x Elemental Hero Prisma
1x Guardian of Order
1x Honest
3x Jade Knight
3x Machina Peacekeeper
1x Morphing Jar
3x Shining Angel
2x Summoner Monk
3x Y-Dragon Head
3x Z-Metal Tank

Spell (10)
1x Combination Attack
1x Dark Hole
1x Dimension Explosion
1x Frontline Base
1x Future Fusion
1x Limiter Removal
1x Luminous Spark
1x Machine Assembly Line
1x Overload Fusion
1x United We Stand

Trap (6)
1x Damage Condenser
1x Formation Union
1x Reckless Greed
1x Return from the Different Dimension
1x Roll Out!
1x Ultimate Offering

Extra Deck (5) [5 Fusion]:
1x Chimeratech Overdragon
1x XY-Dragon Cannon
1x XYZ-Dragon Cannon
1x XZ-Tank Cannon
1x YZ-Tank Dragon

Total: 45 + 5 Extra

Like I said, this deck is one of my first attempts at building a deck in a few years, so any and all criticism would be appreciated, as well as any tips you have. =) I suppose the first step would be to cut out the rubbish to make it a 40 card deck, then improve the cards in the deck to improve the draw power.

[I say goodbye to my weakness, so long to the regret...]

[And now I see the world through diamond eyes]

Synoptik

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 100
Reputation Points : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: XYZ CTO Deck

Post by Exiled on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:11 pm

TBH these decks have no chances in todays meta. Try looking on yugioh.tcgplayer.com in the YCS top 16's they have posted. It will give you a better understanding.

Exiled

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 10000
Reputation Points : 23
Pro Decklists : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Synoptik on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:19 pm

I understand that the metagame has changed substantially since I last played. However, one thing I like to do is play obscure decks. I still favour a Mill Deck as my main deck. So I like to play my favourite cards, regardless of whether they will work or not. The important thing is to try. Smile

I'll have a look at that site though. Thanks. Smile

Synoptik

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by PrideStrong on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:30 pm

Alright, lets have a crack at this:

Take-Out
-Guardian of Order
-2 Summoner Monk
-3 Machina Peacekeeper

-Combination Attack
-Frontline Base
-Future Fusion
-Luminous Spark

-Formation Union
-Reckless Greed
-Damage Condenser

That Totals 13 cards that I've taken out. I've taken out Guardian of Order simply because he is a beater, but not a very good one and since that's the only cause he serves, it's easy to cut him. I dropped both Summoner Monks and all 3 Machina Peacekeeper's as with them, you have a total of 11 recruiters, which I think makes your deck more defensive then anything in a very aggressive format. You still have 6, which is perfectly fine.

Now on to Spells. Combination Attack and Frontline Base are both situational cards (the latter being less) and I just don't see much point with them. Future Fusion doesn't work with the Xyz Fusions (To my knowledge) and because of that, again no point. Luminous Spark is an alright booster to your monsters, but you can exchange it for something better.

With Reckless Greed, it's go 3 or go home, since you didn't go 3, it's going home. Formation Union is just not very good. Damage Condenser should work in theory, but with personal experience, I found it isn't very good.

Add
-Heavy Storm
-2 Mystical Space Typhoon
-2 Creature Swap
-2 Instant Fusion
-Monster Reborn

That totals 8 cards, bringing your total to 40 cards.

Heavy Storm and Mystical Space Typhoons are for backrow control, Creature Swap is for your recruiters (Jade Knight, Shining Angel). Summon one of them, use Creature Swap, grab opponents monster, destroy your monster, grab a monster with their effects. Instant Fusion is for Dimension Explosion and for a new type of monster that you may or may not know about, Xyz monsters. (Funny right!) Add a couple of generic lvl 4 and 5 fusion monsters so that if the situation calls for it, you can Xyz summon a Rank 4 or 5 Xyz monster. Monster Reborn is self-explanatory.

That was alot of typing, hopefully I helped you out, I'd be happy to duel you with that deck sometime.

PrideStrong

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 190

Reputation Points : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Synoptik on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:03 am

Thanks for the input. A lot of it was great and I'll be looking to add it. Smile

One thing I was a little hesitant on was removing Future Fusion. It's not actually for the XYZs but for the Chimeratech Overdragon which is in there too. If I remove the Future Fusion, should I remove the CTO as well?

Synoptik

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down