[Discussion] Excavate

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Discussion] Excavate

Post by Centrik on Thu May 01, 2014 6:54 pm

Excavate

So Sylvan's have been in the game for months now and we still only know a little bit about "excavate". Excavate is a new term introduced in the new Rulebook (available in the Cyber Dragon Revolution Structure Deck or digitally here). This change was announced a month ago in the Strategy blog, but I have noticed players and judges alike are having some problems understanding how this mechanic works.

Definition (Source: Rulebook): When a card says to “excavate” cards from your Deck, you reveal those cards to both players. Then, before you do anything else, apply the instructions from the card effect that excavated them. Cards that are being excavated are still treated as being in the Deck until sent elsewhere by the card instructions.

Well that sounds pretty much like "reveal" but if so then why did KNM make a new term? I remember that I read a person's state about 2 months ago in a website: "When you excavate something, you reveal it, but when you reveal something, you are not necessarily excavating". (k.) But we MAY find it easier if you think of "discard", "tribute" and "send". That's all like sending to the Graveyard, right? And they're different. Of course most of you guys have already known about this through Dark World's, and maybe an example of "Wind-Ups Zenmaines" with "Blackship of Corn". So yeah, I will just say that "excavating" is a form of revealing cards. Now we know that it's an another form but still: What's the difference? What does it exactly do?

Keep the link and comment below your opinions :)Every information will be appreciated and help YGO community a lot.

Peace.

-
Centrik

If everyone is unique, then would uniqueness become normal?

Centrik

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Duel Points : 13,265
Reputation Points : 214
Pro Decklists : 0
Medallions : 1
I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Yo Mamma GG2EZ The Worthy! Lazy Slacker Give me your money! Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion] Excavate

Post by Kandy.JPEG on Thu May 01, 2014 7:42 pm

Old news is old.

This literally came out so long ago.

but k.

"Our largest regrets are not for things we did, but for things we did not do. Things we did not say; love that never could happen. We bury our regrets by promising to change our ways. But sometimes we don't get to change the past."

~Mr.Kandy

Kandy.JPEG

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 10k.den
Reputation Points : 202

Back to top Go down

Post by Centrik on Thu May 01, 2014 7:56 pm

But did someone open a discussion about it? No. So k.

Centrik

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Yo Mamma GG2EZ The Worthy! Lazy Slacker Give me your money! Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kandy.JPEG on Thu May 01, 2014 7:58 pm

No need for a discussion when like everyone knows about it already....k.

"Our largest regrets are not for things we did, but for things we did not do. Things we did not say; love that never could happen. We bury our regrets by promising to change our ways. But sometimes we don't get to change the past."

~Mr.Kandy

Kandy.JPEG

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Centrik on Thu May 01, 2014 7:58 pm

Seriously there are so many things we don't know about this.

Centrik

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kandy.JPEG on Thu May 01, 2014 8:02 pm

Like.

~Mr.Kandy

Kandy.JPEG

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitoritto on Thu May 01, 2014 8:10 pm

It being treated as reveal enables us to use cards that can "send/destroy idk" revealed stuff.
I'm not even sure if card like that exist,but the fact its being treated as reveal has to have a solid reason.
They made this new way of revealing to reduce the count of letters on card text,and therefor to give less money on the ink.Another reason are reprints,you know how many people want to have the errated version of the card?They don't want to carry papers whom contain its new effect,they want it on the card.
Off Topic [I want to!]:They should have made DW's more easier to understand and re-print them,would be great :D.

Skitoritto

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 1185
Reputation Points : 108
Here to stay Get me out of here This is not hard Yo Mamma What is winning? GG2EZ Give me your money! Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kandy.JPEG on Thu May 01, 2014 8:12 pm

The only reason they made this is because they did not want it to intertwine with LS and make it even more OP than it already is

~Mr.Kandy

Kandy.JPEG

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Order of Chaos on Thu May 01, 2014 10:14 pm

Mr.Kandy wrote:The only reason they made this is because they did not want it to intertwine with LS and make it even more OP than it already is

The other way around , didnt want sylvans to be op with the help of LS.

Last edited by Order of Chaos on Thu May 01, 2014 10:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

sig by Crystal God
Spoiler:
[16:07:32] White Rose Dragon : I love how like

[16:07:40] White Rose Dragon : whenever anyone esle plays on rated

[16:07:51] White Rose Dragon : They get noobs who have never heard of a rule book

[16:07:58] White Rose Dragon : but whenever I play

[16:08:05] White Rose Dragon : I get nothing but no lifers ._.

Order of Chaos

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 2540
Reputation Points : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Kandy.JPEG on Thu May 01, 2014 10:19 pm

same thing

~Mr.Kandy

Kandy.JPEG

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down