Latest topics
Discord


Share
Go down
avatar
Zkillerthriller
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 29
Reputation Points : 0

Yu-Gi-Oh [Card Discussion]! Saber Reflect!

on Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:14 pm
Name: Saber Reflect
Type of Card: Spell
Type of Spell: Quick-Play


Effect:


When you take damage while you control an "X-Saber" monster: Gain LP equal to the amount of damage you took, also inflict an equal amount of damage to your opponent, then you can add 1 "Saber" Spell/Trap Card or 1 "Gottoms" card from from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Saber Reflect" per turn.


So what are your opinions of it? Do you think it will see play? Do you think it's good? Do you think it's bad?


Also please comment if you found/know any cool combos possible with it!


Peace! :D


Who can say where the road goes? Where the day flows? Only time.
And who can say if your love grow, as your heart choose? Only time.

avatar
Skitoritto
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 4619
Reputation Points : 108
Here to stay Get me out of here This is not hard Yo Mamma What is winning? GG2EZ Give me your money! Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh [Card Discussion]! Saber Reflect!

on Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:30 pm
It's a good search card,good out to chain burn but won't do them any good in the TCG as X-Sabers hate shit load of backrow this format has.
avatar
Galaksii
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 4546
Reputation Points : 69
http://galaksiida.deviantart.com

Default Title

on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:16 pm
Hidalgo™ wrote:It's a good search card,good out to chain burn but won't do them any good in the TCG as X-Sabers hate shit load of backrow this format has.

Pretty much, backrow says no, lol


Former Assistant and Professor
avatar
Anzo
Ignore me plz
Ignore me plz
Posts : 29999
Reputation Points : 349
I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Hi Mom! Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising Give me your money! Community favorite Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!
http://www.duelacademy.net

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh [Card Discussion]! Saber Reflect!

on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:41 pm
I would disagree with the two statements above. X-Sabers is one of these Arch-types disbanded by the community for they require an immense amount of resources to make combos, while it's easily countered. However, with the addition of Wiretap to the meta, and the old-school Trap Stun, they could easily perform combos without having to worry about the opponent's FD cards. Also, MSTs and Hand-traps could be a good back-up as well. I'd say X-Sabers will be just fine in the right hands.


DA Administrator of the year 2012, 2014 l DA Artist of the Year 2012, 2014, 2015 l ~Lead, follow, or get out the way~
avatar
Galaksii
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 4546
Reputation Points : 69
http://galaksiida.deviantart.com

Default Title

on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:47 pm
@Anzo wrote:I would disagree with the two statements above. X-Sabers is one of these Arch-types disbanded by the community for they require an immense amount of resources to make combos, while it's easily countered. However, with the addition of Wiretap to the meta, and the old-school Trap Stun, they could easily perform combos without having to worry about the opponent's FD cards. Also, MSTs and Hand-traps could be a good back-up as well. I'd say X-Sabers will be just fine in the right hands.

15 cards backrow is stronger than 6 cards negation ^.^


Former Assistant and Professor
avatar
Anzo
Ignore me plz
Ignore me plz
Posts : 29999
Reputation Points : 349
I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Hi Mom! Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising Give me your money! Community favorite Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!
http://www.duelacademy.net

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh [Card Discussion]! Saber Reflect!

on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:50 pm
The card Itself allows you to search for cards in your deck, In addition to Emmersblade, you could out-resource your opponent.


DA Administrator of the year 2012, 2014 l DA Artist of the Year 2012, 2014, 2015 l ~Lead, follow, or get out the way~
avatar
Skitoritto
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 4619
Reputation Points : 108
Here to stay Get me out of here This is not hard Yo Mamma What is winning? GG2EZ Give me your money! Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh [Card Discussion]! Saber Reflect!

on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:21 pm
I've tried playing X-Sabers versus Geargia/H.A.T and Satellarknights,guess who was not able to do a thing?
avatar
Linda-Senpai
Survial Master
Survial Master
Posts : 12104
Reputation Points : 118
True Senpai Community Slacker Business man Get me out of here! I got rid of my girlfriend! Topic for you and you and everybody! He was lucky Yo Mama Supreme King GG2EZ Beatdown New hero in town Survival Master Give me your money! Popular Figure

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh [Card Discussion]! Saber Reflect!

on Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:23 am
this card can search itself


Achievments in spoiler.
Spoiler:
DA League S2, S9, and S11 winner
Chronos Survival Cup 3 Winner. TBUT2 and TBUT3 winner.
Won 29+ DA lives
DA Lives season 0, and season 1 winner.
Won more DA lives than anyone else. Alot more.
Supreme queen of May 2012, April-May 2013, and May 2014.
Three time Survival Master
My current DA record: Wins:451 Lost: 81 Draws: 6
Former Teacher and Assistant. Former Moderator.
First to ever reach the Abandoned Dark League
Moderator of the year 2013.
DA Regionals 2012 and 2013 top 4
Badass since 2011
First to ever pass the Slifer Exam, with a score of 34/35.
Much more.


avatar
Zkillerthriller
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 29
Reputation Points : 0

Re: Hidalgo

on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:00 am
Hidalgo™ wrote:I've tried playing X-Sabers versus Geargia/H.A.T and Satellarknights,guess who was not able to do a thing?

You need to realize that X-Sabers isn't just a "Pick-up and Play" deck. 
Any experienced X-Saber play will tell you that the only way to make X-Sabers good is to make a build that is good for the player making it (whether i'd be swarm/control). 
So you can't just throw a build together like that and play 3 games and deem it bad. 
The only way to make an X-Saber deck good is if you play the deck correctly, search the right cards for the right time with Darksoul and Emmersblade, and you need to make sure it suits your own personal playing style.


Who can say where the road goes? Where the day flows? Only time.
And who can say if your love grow, as your heart choose? Only time.

avatar
Skitoritto
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 4619
Reputation Points : 108
Here to stay Get me out of here This is not hard Yo Mamma What is winning? GG2EZ Give me your money! Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man

Default Title

on Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:08 pm
@Zkillerthriller wrote:
Hidalgo™ wrote:I've tried playing X-Sabers versus Geargia/H.A.T and Satellarknights,guess who was not able to do a thing?

You need to realize that X-Sabers isn't just a "Pick-up and Play" deck. 
Any experienced X-Saber play will tell you that the only way to make X-Sabers good is to make a build that is good for the player making it (whether i'd be swarm/control). 
So you can't just throw a build together like that and play 3 games and deem it bad. 
The only way to make an X-Saber deck good is if you play the deck correctly, search the right cards for the right time with Darksoul and Emmersblade, and you need to make sure it suits your own personal playing style.
Buddy,I played [20] games with X-Sabers.And from those it is easy for me to judge/rate the deck.X-Sabers from my point of view are an one-shoot deck,it depends on Foulltroll/Soul Charge/Gottom's Call to make plays.If they don't get that they are screw.There is also Boggart Knight,but going into Level 7 Synchros or Level 6 Synchros can't carry the game for you.Especially in this format...
avatar
Zkillerthriller
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 29
Reputation Points : 0

Re: Hidalgo

on Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:57 pm
Hidalgo™ wrote:
@Zkillerthriller wrote:
Hidalgo™ wrote:I've tried playing X-Sabers versus Geargia/H.A.T and Satellarknights,guess who was not able to do a thing?

You need to realize that X-Sabers isn't just a "Pick-up and Play" deck. 
Any experienced X-Saber play will tell you that the only way to make X-Sabers good is to make a build that is good for the player making it (whether i'd be swarm/control). 
So you can't just throw a build together like that and play 3 games and deem it bad. 
The only way to make an X-Saber deck good is if you play the deck correctly, search the right cards for the right time with Darksoul and Emmersblade, and you need to make sure it suits your own personal playing style.
Buddy,I played [20] games with X-Sabers.And from those it is easy for me to judge/rate the deck.X-Sabers from my point of view are an one-shoot deck,it depends on Foulltroll/Soul Charge/Gottom's Call to make plays.If they don't get that they are screw.There is also Boggart Knight,but going into Level 7 Synchros or Level 6 Synchros can't carry the game for you.Especially in this format...

It doesn't matter how many games you play if you haven't optomized the build


Who can say where the road goes? Where the day flows? Only time.
And who can say if your love grow, as your heart choose? Only time.

avatar
Skitoritto
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 4619
Reputation Points : 108
Here to stay Get me out of here This is not hard Yo Mamma What is winning? GG2EZ Give me your money! Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man

Default Title

on Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:01 pm
It doesn't matter how many games you play if you haven't optomized the build
Could you show us an example of "optimized" build for the TCG format please [Using TCG Card Pool] ?
avatar
Zkillerthriller
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 29
Reputation Points : 0

Default Title

on Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:44 pm
Hidalgo™ wrote:
It doesn't matter how many games you play if you haven't optomized the build
Could you show us an example of "optimized" build for the TCG format please [Using TCG Card Pool] ?
'
There isn't just a simple "perfectly optomized build" just like that. You have to optomize it yourself based on your personal preferences.


Who can say where the road goes? Where the day flows? Only time.
And who can say if your love grow, as your heart choose? Only time.

avatar
Skitoritto
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 4619
Reputation Points : 108
Here to stay Get me out of here This is not hard Yo Mamma What is winning? GG2EZ Give me your money! Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man

Default Title

on Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:47 pm
@Zkillerthriller wrote:
Hidalgo™ wrote:
It doesn't matter how many games you play if you haven't optomized the build
Could you show us an example of "optimized" build for the TCG format please [Using TCG Card Pool] ?
'
There isn't just a simple "perfectly optomized build" just like that. You have to optomize it yourself based on your personal preferences.
I thought your was optimized for this format...that is the only reason I asked your decklist...
avatar
Zkillerthriller
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 29
Reputation Points : 0

Re: Hidalgo

on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:45 pm
Hidalgo™ wrote:
@Zkillerthriller wrote:
Hidalgo™ wrote:
It doesn't matter how many games you play if you haven't optomized the build
Could you show us an example of "optimized" build for the TCG format please [Using TCG Card Pool] ?
'

There isn't just a simple "perfectly optomized build" just like that. You have to optomize it yourself based on your personal preferences.
I thought your was optimized for this format...that is the only reason I asked your decklist...

It isn't. Still working on it, atleast the build post Duelist Alliance/Advent


Who can say where the road goes? Where the day flows? Only time.
And who can say if your love grow, as your heart choose? Only time.

Sponsored content

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh [Card Discussion]! Saber Reflect!

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum