Latest topics
Rising againYesterday at 5:49 pmHaccodeHello! It’s been a minute!Yesterday at 3:39 pmEfaneSo i remembered ygo existsYesterday at 8:32 amHaou SupremeHi Just Found This PlaceYesterday at 8:24 amHaou SupremeIts Yah boiWed Jul 18, 2018 8:31 pmWondeRyDA's Clash/War TeamWed Jul 18, 2018 8:30 pmWondeRyYea hi im here again apparently.Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:25 pmYAMI MOTO#1[FINISH] Battle Pack Tournament!Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:51 amWondeRyQuestion about a rulingThu Jul 05, 2018 6:17 pmPatrick92Duel Links Tournament #3 HighlanderRulesThu Jul 05, 2018 1:48 pmCutieLucie83
Discord


Share
Go down
avatar
Jv
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 16791
Reputation Points : 58
King Of Games

TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:15 pm
Forbidden:
Super Polymerization

Limited:
Artifact Moralltach
Dark Strike Fighter
Snatch Steal

Semi-Limited:
Honest
Goyo Guardian
Dark Hole

No Longer Limited:
Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind
Mermail Abyssgunde
Reborn Tengu
Reasoning
The Transmigration Prophecy
avatar
Anzo
Ignore me plz
Ignore me plz
Posts : 29999
Reputation Points : 349
I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Hi Mom! Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising Give me your money! Community favorite Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!
http://www.duelacademy.net

Re: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:35 pm
Loool

This list tho


DA Administrator of the year 2012, 2014 l DA Artist of the Year 2012, 2014, 2015 l ~Lead, follow, or get out the way~
avatar
Jv
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 16791
Reputation Points : 58
King Of Games

Default Title

on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:36 pm
avatar
Kandy.JPEG
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 7098
Reputation Points : 202

Re: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:30 pm
Nothing really amazing




"Our largest regrets are not for things we did, but for things we did not do. Things we did not say; love that never could happen. We bury our regrets by promising to change our ways. But sometimes we don't get to change the past."

~Mr.Kandy
avatar
Etwizzy
Chancellor
Chancellor
Posts : 9933
Reputation Points : 79

Re: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:37 pm
is that it!?!?! i was expecting a assult of BA lol
avatar
Jv
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 16791
Reputation Points : 58
King Of Games

Re: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:54 pm
It' cool. balanced. Nothing stupid like OCG
avatar
DDS
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 4169
Reputation Points : 84

Default Title

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:18 am
List is trash... Looks like I'll be primarily be playing OCG for another format.


These 'changes' don't change anything.


None of the problem cards of the format were dealt with. 
Floodgates/Large trap line ups are still going to decide games because Heavy is still banned.. Good luck trying to play anything that depends on combos at all.
Can't even use the artifact engine as mass MSTs because Moral got hit for some reason...


Also no Stratos... Wai? D:


Explore your boundaries! Open your mind... A new Land of Fantasy awaits!







avatar
Jv
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 16791
Reputation Points : 58
King Of Games

Re: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:13 pm
Because there will be Elemental Hero Shadow Mist xD
avatar
DDS
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 4169
Reputation Points : 84

Re: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:19 pm
Shadow mist isn't a Multi-hit MST on summon. Or a wind target for kamikaze.


Explore your boundaries! Open your mind... A new Land of Fantasy awaits!







avatar
Jv
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 16791
Reputation Points : 58
King Of Games

Re: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:21 pm
Stratos was only useful for the searcher effect. the s\t was so reductive and don't say no
avatar
DDS
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 4169
Reputation Points : 84

Re: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:28 pm
Only someone that's never used Stratos would say something silly like that. It comes in handy a lot more than you'd think! ;o


Explore your boundaries! Open your mind... A new Land of Fantasy awaits!







avatar
Jv
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 16791
Reputation Points : 58
King Of Games

Re: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:31 pm
"You can destroy Spell/Trap Cards on the field, up to the number of "HEROmonsters you control, except this card."

People used that only as last resource lel

maybe now with the M. Hero it could be most attractive BUT still people will use it as a Searcher
avatar
L.Lawliet
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 347
Reputation Points : 14

Re: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:55 pm
Kinda expected the TCG Banlist to be pretty bad.

I mean there was no way they'd "hit" a BA card or a Qli card - maybe just TGU and Skill Drain from those decks. But honestly, I thought Shaddolls were gonna get slapped. I don't see why Konami didn't just limit Cons and SSG and get it over with. It's not like with BA and Qli that they have new cards in the next set...
Anyway, Gunde and Tengu at 3 is pretty good, I guess...





avatar
Train Heartnet
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 7809
Reputation Points : 64

Re: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:32 pm
what is this I don't even D: KOnami on the most expensive drugs on the planet right now. Each format they make shittier and shittier lists.




(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
http://i.imgur.com/AYYEdZk.png <- Rito where is my wukong skin at?
Spoiler:

I am the bone of my sword
体は剣で出来ている。
Iron is my blood and glass is my heart
血潮は鉄で心は硝子。
I have survived countless battles undefeated
幾たびの戦場を越えて不敗。
Nor once have I retreated
 ただの一度も敗走はなく、
Nor once have I been understood
 ただの一度も理解されない。
Always alone on the hill of swords
 彼の者は常に独り
intoxicated with Victory
剣の丘で勝利に酔う。
Thus this life has no meaning
 故に、生涯に意味はなく  
My body was surely made out of swords
その体は、きっと剣で出来ていた。
avatar
ILIEKCHEESESTEAK
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 75
Reputation Points : 0
http://www.thisisnotawebsite.com

Default Title

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:36 pm
@Train Heartnet wrote:what is this I don't even D: KOnami on the most expensive drugs on the planet right now. Each format they make shittier and shittier lists.
I'm not complaining until our lists are as bad as the OCG's.  
This is far from the worst banlist they have made, even for the TCG.
avatar
Train Heartnet
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 7809
Reputation Points : 64

Re: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:44 pm
^you must be joking newbie a format without Heavy Storm is the worst kind of HELL. And honest is at 2, guess a certain deck will be very very happy. None of the stupid shit was fixed, vanity was not hit, skill drain was not hit, shaddolls were not hit like wtf.




(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
http://i.imgur.com/AYYEdZk.png <- Rito where is my wukong skin at?
Spoiler:

I am the bone of my sword
体は剣で出来ている。
Iron is my blood and glass is my heart
血潮は鉄で心は硝子。
I have survived countless battles undefeated
幾たびの戦場を越えて不敗。
Nor once have I retreated
 ただの一度も敗走はなく、
Nor once have I been understood
 ただの一度も理解されない。
Always alone on the hill of swords
 彼の者は常に独り
intoxicated with Victory
剣の丘で勝利に酔う。
Thus this life has no meaning
 故に、生涯に意味はなく  
My body was surely made out of swords
その体は、きっと剣で出来ていた。
avatar
Jv
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 16791
Reputation Points : 58
King Of Games

Default Title

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:48 pm
The Banlist is balanced boys. Konami will never ban qli or ba since they're new stuff .
avatar
ILIEKCHEESESTEAK
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 75
Reputation Points : 0
http://www.thisisnotawebsite.com

Default Title

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:00 pm
@Train Heartnet wrote:^you must be joking newbie a format without Heavy Storm is the worst kind of HELL. And honest is at 2, guess a certain deck will be very very happy. None of the stupid shit was fixed, vanity was not hit, skill drain was not hit, shaddolls were not hit like wtf.
Fix'd.  Heavy helps OTK, and even if I don't overextend I had better waste 2-3 deck slots for Starlight Road.
They won't hit Archetypes they've just created or supported.  I was also comparing to the OCG which does stuff like:
-Bring back Stein which is insane first turn (Exterioak).  Granted, not very good otherwise, but why even bring it back?
-Ban Heavy and bring back Feather Duster for no reason other than making money.
-Card Trooper at three.  Machine Duplication is still a thing.
-CED is still stupid, especially considering Eclipse Wyvern is a thing.  And it's back in the OCG.

The list is for Konami to make money.
I'm still standing by TCG having the better list.
avatar
Train Heartnet
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 7809
Reputation Points : 64

Default Title

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:09 pm
My good you are the biggest noob on the planet, Heavy Storm is needed in the game for the one simply reason to make sure a format like this one NEVER HAPPENS.

1. Every single banned card OCG unbanned got its effects changed completely, they are good at best now and situational as fuck.

2. You must be a meta whore who thinks Heavy is bad cuz it will kill your stupid as fuck backrow that should not exist. What kind of fucked up format has decks that run 16+ trap card to be even viable and has stupid ass decks that float like mad, get insane hand and field advantage just by playing 1 card.

3. You are a newbie and will remain such with that kind of thinking. I have seen Konami's stupidity for 11 years, so I am sorry but this is complete BS.


@Jv1391 No its not GrumpyCat




(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
http://i.imgur.com/AYYEdZk.png <- Rito where is my wukong skin at?
Spoiler:

I am the bone of my sword
体は剣で出来ている。
Iron is my blood and glass is my heart
血潮は鉄で心は硝子。
I have survived countless battles undefeated
幾たびの戦場を越えて不敗。
Nor once have I retreated
 ただの一度も敗走はなく、
Nor once have I been understood
 ただの一度も理解されない。
Always alone on the hill of swords
 彼の者は常に独り
intoxicated with Victory
剣の丘で勝利に酔う。
Thus this life has no meaning
 故に、生涯に意味はなく  
My body was surely made out of swords
その体は、きっと剣で出来ていた。
avatar
ILIEKCHEESESTEAK
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 75
Reputation Points : 0
http://www.thisisnotawebsite.com

Default Title

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:17 pm
@Train Heartnet wrote:1. Every single banned card OCG unbanned got its effects changed completely, they are good at best now and situational as fuck.

2. You must be a meta whore who thinks Heavy is bad cuz it will kill your stupid as fuck backrow that should not exist. What kind of fucked up format has decks that run 16+ trap card to be even viable and has stupid ass decks that float like mad, get insane hand and field advantage just by playing 1 card.

3. You are a newbie and will remain such with that kind of thinking. I have seen Konami's stupidity for 11 years, so I am sorry but this is complete BS.
1.  Sure.  "Mostly".  Play OCG if Heavy (Excuse me, feather duster) decides how you play.

2.  I haven't played a meta deck in... months.
I play casual decks, and excuse me for getting pissed when I lose say my Ghostrick Mansion in addition to any backrow I had simply because my opponent topdecked a card like heavy.

3.  There's a difference between being a newbie and a "bad player".  I've played for 2+ years. Excuse me for playing differently than you and having different opinions I guess.

You aren't taking this very well.
Card games is srs bsns?
avatar
Jv
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 16791
Reputation Points : 58
King Of Games

Re: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:45 pm
avatar
Train Heartnet
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 7809
Reputation Points : 64

Default Title

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:48 pm
Then you have 0 reason argue my opinion, hell you do not even know how to play around heavy storm. And yes card games are serious business which should be balanced and fun so everyone can enjoy with whatever deck he/she wants to play not 3 broken as fuck decks which are power creeped like mad.




(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
http://i.imgur.com/AYYEdZk.png <- Rito where is my wukong skin at?
Spoiler:

I am the bone of my sword
体は剣で出来ている。
Iron is my blood and glass is my heart
血潮は鉄で心は硝子。
I have survived countless battles undefeated
幾たびの戦場を越えて不敗。
Nor once have I retreated
 ただの一度も敗走はなく、
Nor once have I been understood
 ただの一度も理解されない。
Always alone on the hill of swords
 彼の者は常に独り
intoxicated with Victory
剣の丘で勝利に酔う。
Thus this life has no meaning
 故に、生涯に意味はなく  
My body was surely made out of swords
その体は、きっと剣で出来ていた。
avatar
ILIEKCHEESESTEAK
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 75
Reputation Points : 0
http://www.thisisnotawebsite.com

Default Title

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:30 pm
@Train Heartnet wrote:Then you have 0 reason argue my opinion, hell you do not even know how to play around heavy storm. And yes card games are serious business which should be balanced and fun so everyone can enjoy with whatever deck he/she wants to play not 3 broken as fuck decks which are power creeped like mad.
I kinda know how.  That doesn't make it less obnoxious to have used.  Not sure why I shouldn't argue.  If I played Meta and hated Heavy I'd be a "meta whore" and since I don't I'm a noob.  Or I'm only good if I like Heavy.

And the game is still quite fun in casual play. There will always be a meta, and it tends to be a FEW decks at a time.  Konami will print new cards and they WILL be better than past ones. In this case they're trying to sell BAs and Qlips, as shown by Dark Hole to 2 in addition to having Raigeki.  They're a business.  They don't care about the players unless players stop buying.

JV, I'll stop arguing when Train stops arguing.
"He started it!"
After all, this is rather amusing.
avatar
Train Heartnet
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 7809
Reputation Points : 64

Re: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:00 pm
you do realize the current meta are decks that say you can't play ygo because I don't allow you to even make a move or have some answer to what I have. Get on my experience level and stop being retarded.




(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
http://i.imgur.com/AYYEdZk.png <- Rito where is my wukong skin at?
Spoiler:

I am the bone of my sword
体は剣で出来ている。
Iron is my blood and glass is my heart
血潮は鉄で心は硝子。
I have survived countless battles undefeated
幾たびの戦場を越えて不敗。
Nor once have I retreated
 ただの一度も敗走はなく、
Nor once have I been understood
 ただの一度も理解されない。
Always alone on the hill of swords
 彼の者は常に独り
intoxicated with Victory
剣の丘で勝利に酔う。
Thus this life has no meaning
 故に、生涯に意味はなく  
My body was surely made out of swords
その体は、きっと剣で出来ていた。
avatar
theman506
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 377
Reputation Points : 6

Default Title

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:26 pm
Man just what everyone needed, honest at 2. (sigh) time to bust out the old clear vice dragon, dangit



What to say when a girl asks if she looks fat
"You're not fat, you're just... easier to see."


Kaiba: "Don't you dare trade the card I just gave you!"
Yugi: "Imma trade it."
avatar
ILIEKCHEESESTEAK
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 75
Reputation Points : 0
http://www.thisisnotawebsite.com

Default Title

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:39 pm
@Train Heartnet wrote:you do realize the current meta are decks that say you can't play ygo because I don't allow you to even make a move or have some answer to what I have. Get on my experience level and stop being retarded.
Yes, I know Emptiness and Skill Drain attempt to do that.  That doesn't mean anything, because Konami seems to have a thing against hitting any such cards.  Looks like this has become a Heavy Storm topic, when Snatch Steal and Honest are the real problems in THIS LIST. Heavy has been banned for how many formats now?  Three or four?  Nobody should have expected it  back.
Given you throw insults for no apparent reason except that I disagree (I was polite about it too, until you started acting up) I don't think I want to be near your "level".
I think I'm done.  It was fun, but this argument is the same thing over and over:
"Heavy stops all floodgates so it should be back"
"Don't most decks have outs to floodgates?"
"Use of Heavy is a healthy way to balance the game"  "Heavy is a stupid topdeck that ruins established fields"  This hasn't helped either of us, but especially not me.  If you think you're better, fine.  I will NEVER want Heavy back, so I guess I'm a bad player.  OK.
But this stupid "argument" is starting to monopolize the topic.
avatar
Etwizzy
Chancellor
Chancellor
Posts : 9933
Reputation Points : 79

Re: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:09 pm
The ban list was always accommodate Konami's current cash cows.
avatar
Jv
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 16791
Reputation Points : 58
King Of Games

Re: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:09 pm
Chat bitch, also yeah we always knew it
avatar
Skitoritto
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 4619
Reputation Points : 108
Here to stay Get me out of here This is not hard Yo Mamma What is winning? GG2EZ Give me your money! Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man

Re: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:17 pm
DSF is at 1 and Goyo is at 2, why does it take so much time for KONAMI to put them Unlimited, they can not do anything spectacular any more.. Snatch-Steal, huehehe nice.
avatar
DDS
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 4169
Reputation Points : 84

Re: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:20 am
Goyo could go to 3 and nothing would change. You're right skit-san, it's just not the spectacular card it once was.


Also DSF is rubbish because of the errata, people won't play it at all.
Regardless of its place on the banlist.


Explore your boundaries! Open your mind... A new Land of Fantasy awaits!







Sponsored content

Re: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum