Masked Hero Discussion Thread

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Masked Hero Discussion Thread

Post by Roach on Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:50 am

Introduction

"Masked HERO" is a "HERO" sub-archetype used by Jaden Yuki in the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX manga. Jaden started using these "HEROes" after the tournament to Duel the Kaiser, when he decided to build an "all-his Deck", which would eventually grow into his ultimate Deck (since the "Elemental HEROes" he used previously were Koyo Hibiki's Deck).
The "Masked HEROes" are currently the only monsters to be able to perform Transformation Summons. While the "Elemental HERO" archetype is said to be based off of American superheroes, it can also be assumed that the "Masked HERO" archetype is a salute to Japanese Kamen Rider heroes. In addition to "Kamen" meaning "Masked", there are several similarities between the two, such the recurring "form changing" and transformations of Kamen Riders. The Double Attacks are also similar to the original Kamen Riders' (1 and 2) "Rider Double" techniques.

Archtype Cards:

Masked HERO Acid:

Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: Destroy all Spell and Trap Cards your opponent controls, and if you do, all monsters they control lose 300 ATK.

Masked HERO Anki:

Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card can attack your opponent directly, but when it does so using this effect, any battle damage it inflicts to your opponent is halved. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Change" Quick-Play Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Masked HERO Anki" once per turn.

Masked HERO Dark Law:

Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Any card sent to your opponent's Graveyard is banished instead. Once per turn, if your opponent adds a card(s) from their Deck to their hand (except during the Draw Phase or the Damage Step): You can banish 1 random card from your opponent's hand.

Masked HERO Dian:

Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "HERO" monster from your Deck.

Masked HERO Divine Wind:

Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be destroyed by battle. Your opponent can attack with only 1 monster during each Battle Phase. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can draw 1 card.

Masked HERO Goka:

Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card gains 100 ATK for each "HERO" monster in your Graveyard.

Masked HERO Koga:

Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card gains 500 ATK for each monster your opponent controls. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can banish 1 "HERO" monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 face-up monster on the field; it loses ATK equal to the banished monster's ATK, until the end of this turn.

Masked HERO Vapor:

Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects.

Mask Change:

Target 1 face-up "HERO" monster you control; send it to the Graveyard, then Special Summon 1 "Masked HERO" monster from the Extra Deck with the same Attribute that the "HERO" monster had when it was on the field.

Mask Change II:

Discard 1 card, then target 1 face-up monster you control that has a Level; send it to the Graveyard, then Special Summon 1 "Masked HERO" monster from your Extra Deck with the same Attribute as that monster, but with a higher Level. (This Special Summon is treated as a Special Summon with "Mask Change".) You can only activate 1 "Mask Change Second" per turn.

Mask Charge:

Target 1 "HERO" monster and 1 "Change" Quick-Play Spell Card in your Graveyard; add those targets to your hand.

Most common cards used with masked hero's:

Elemental HERO Bubbleman
Elemental HERO Heat
Elemental HERO Ocean
Elemental HERO Shadow Mist
Elemental HERO Sparkman
Elemental HERO Wildheart
Phantom Magician
Summoner Monk
Reinforcement of the Army
The Warrior Returning Alive
E - Emergency Call
Quick Booster
Mircle Fusion

Playing Style

Rather than Fusion Summoning like most Fusion Monsters do, "Masked HEROes" use cards like "Mask Change" to Special Summon themselves from the Extra Deck. In the manga, Chazz Princeton was amazed seeing how the "Masked HEROes" could use the same effect of "Fusion" using one single material rather than 2 or more.
This archetype favors a fairly straight-forward Beatdown strategy. Their "transforming" cards being Quick-Play Spell Cards allows them to be transformed at any time, including during the Battle Phase, for multiple attacks, or in response to an opponent's effect or attack.
While in the manga "Masked HEROes" are an independent archetype, in the TCG/OCG they were revamped to be a general "HERO" support, making them Splashable options for any "HERO" Deck (though they essentially work well only with the "Elemental HEROes", due to their varied Attributes). "Mask Change Second" takes this even further by allowing "Masked HEROes" to be splashable in any Deck, as long as one can handle the increased cost and Extra Deck real estate.
An efficient build can consist of running a few Elemental HEROes that help you conduct fusion summons (Like Elemental HERO Blazeman and Elemental Hero Woodsman) to fusion summon Elemental HERO Absolute Zero (King of the Swamp help this even further) which has 2 advantages: can be fusion summoned using even Masked Heroes, and when combined with Mask Change or Form Change, lets you get a WATER or high leveled Masked HERO while destroying your opponents' monsters.

Weakness

The variety of Types and Attributes makes the Fusion monsters vulnerable to floodgate cards like "Rivalry of Warlords" and "Gozen Match",
Aswell as the obvious choice of cards like ''Vanity's Fiend'', ''Vanity's Emptiness'', ''Non-Fusion Area'' etc that prevent Special Summons or Fusion summons.

Deck Samples:

OCG Deck sent it by Dark Duelist Soul

Newly Released Hero’s Strike Structure Decklist:

Last edited by Tequila on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:23 am; edited 6 times in total

There is no place like 127.0.0.1.

Roach

Administrator
Administrator

Duel Points : 2620
Reputation Points : 79
Pro Decklists : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: Masked Hero Discussion Thread

Post by Roach on Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:53 am

Before anyone ask I can't do a topic with all the hero's because there is too many (there's about 100 Elemental hero's for example not including any other hero's )

Roach

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Default Title

Post by DDS on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:56 am

Kamen Rider HEROes FTW! 
(I REALLY Need to re watch that)

Best part of the HERO family in my completely biased opinion <3
I find it interesting that they were very much their own thing in the Manga but effectively became the new wave of competitive HERO support when made into actual cards.

That being said Mask Change Second grants pretty much any deck the ability to summon the Masked HERO of it's respective attribute. There's a lot of fun things you can do with that card ^^

Now as far as the members of this sub set our HEROes, They pretty much all have answers to pretty much anything you need to answer in a deck. Acid answers back row, Anki is very useful for maintaining tempo plays., Dark Law can is incredibly disruptive , Dain is the recruiter, Divine Wind/Kamikaze is best defence and Koga Beats down on established fields.

It should go without saying but; the extra is extremely tight with this here. :3

Explore your boundaries! Open your mind... A new Land of Fantasy awaits!

DDS

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 42,185

+ Full Right to make fun of CrimsonOverlord
Reputation Points : 84
Pro Decklists : 4
Medallions : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jv on Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:05 pm

If you call it Masker Hero you just analize the Masked Heroes :3 and just say hero support. also croack you should use Konami official DB as a link for example to redirect to all HEROs

Jv

Administrator
Administrator

Duel Points : 500,000
Reputation Points : 58
Pro Decklists : 12
Medallions : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzo on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:48 pm

I'm rather surprised @Galaksii still haven't shared his input on this analysis lol

DA Administrator of the year 2012, 2014 l DA Artist of the Year 2012, 2014, 2015 l ~Lead, follow, or get out the way~

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Duel Points : Plenty
Reputation Points : 349
Pro Decklists : 0
I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Hi Mom! Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising Give me your money! Community favorite Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!

http://www.duelacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jv on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:54 pm

@Galaksii -eyes non assistant dragon was out these days :'( we miss him with @roach

Jv

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:58 pm

How can you miss me I'm always here lol and yeah I pretty much did this deck analysis for Galaksii and the ungrateful git hasn't even posted here Sad

Roach

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaksii on Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:06 pm

Galaboi aproves this stuff

Former Assistant and Professor

Galaksii

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 6,095
Reputation Points : 69

http://galaksiida.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Default Title

Post by Jv on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:41 pm

Roach wrote:How can you miss me I'm always here lol and yeah I pretty much did this deck analysis for Galaksii and the ungrateful git hasn't even posted here Sad
I was saying: "we miss Galaksi-eyes pink serpent"

Jv

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaksii on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:41 am

SHUT UP ALREADY O:

Galaksii

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by DDS on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:11 am

Let's keep this area spam free fellas.

This is a discussion area ;o

On topic There's still about 7 Masked Heroes yet to be made into actual cards. Any hopes or expectations for these?

DDS

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Back to top Go down

Default Title

Post by Skitoritto on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:15 am

Good job with that OCG deck DDS, could you tell me what is the reasoning behind Mind Crush?Is it there for Necroz?

Skitoritto

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 1185
Reputation Points : 108
Here to stay Get me out of here This is not hard Yo Mamma What is winning? GG2EZ Give me your money! Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man

Back to top Go down

Default Title

Post by DDS on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:40 am

Skitoritto wrote:Good job with that OCG deck DDS, could you tell me what is the reasoning behind Mind Crush?Is it there for Necroz?

Thanks! ^^

Primarily yes, this build was created when Nekroz was by far the most played deck and edited slightly for the new format. Mind Crush there to punish all the searching that goes on.

It's not just for Nekroz though, Hitting the searches from scout makes things so much better against QLIs. Especially if you happen to mind crush their search when you have a Dark Law on board.

Also a pretty clutch card in the mirror and most rogue decks will try to add something to their hand at some stage so the card is basically never dead.

DDS

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaksii on Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:29 pm

Super Poly got hit so I need to make something new from the beginning in order to deal with Nekroz...

Galaksii

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jv on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:15 pm

Dark world <3

Jv

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Default Title

Post by DDS on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:21 pm

Galaksii wrote:Super Poly got hit so I need to make something new from the beginning in order to deal with Nekroz...

They are pretty easy to deal with. Even with half of the combo pieces from OCG land being missing. Dark Law and backrow will poop on them.. Ab Zero is another monster that is a pain for them to deal with.

DDS

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaksii on Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:08 pm

Yeah but I always liked to run The Alius-Bubble-Shadow Trio. It's just harder to do it now...

Galaksii

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by DDS on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:51 pm

Unfortunately our options are rather limited in the TCG  because Konami of NA has decided we can't have nice things.

DDS

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by DDS on Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:33 am

ARG has an article on us! O:

http://articles.alterealitygames.com/what-to-expect-with-heros-strike/

Spoiler:
That play Form Changing Flame Wingman into Dark Law is some next level meta!...lel

DDS

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach on Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:24 am

Nice little find, thanks for sharing.

Roach

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaksii on Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:23 am

I always thought they would even modernize HEROes by giving the XYZs and stuff. Luckily, that didn't happened.

I honestly still didn't figured out what variant to play...

Galaksii

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jv on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:49 pm

there are infinite xyz rank 4. HERO doesn't need an "HERO" Xyz.

Jv

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaksii on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:20 pm

They sure don't...
That was my thought when we eere only guessing what will we get

Galaksii

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Default Title

Post by DDS on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:24 pm

Quite a lot they could do... There's still 7 Masked HEROes yet to be made into actual cards! ;o

DDS

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jv on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Surprised I tho the other masked hero were normal monsters <3

Jv

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Default Title

Post by Galaksii on Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:16 pm

Dark Duelist Soul wrote:Quite a lot they could do... There's still 7 Masked HEROes yet to be made into actual cards! ;o

There is another DARK one coming out

Galaksii

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Default Title

Post by DDS on Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:43 am

So wait.. We'll have Dark Law, Anki and a third dark Masked HERO? O:

In that case dust of your Destiny draws! Destiny HEREOes are going to be by far the best way to play the deck in the TCG  if that is indeed the case.

DDS

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Back to top Go down

Default Title

Post by Galaksii on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:01 am

Dark Duelist Soul wrote:So wait.. We'll have Dark Law, Anki and a third dark Masked HERO? O:

In that case dust of your Destiny draws! Destiny HEREOes are going to be by far the best way to play the deck in the TCG  if that is indeed the case.

I was talking about Anki, couldn't renember his name though ^_^

Galaksii

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by DDS on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:59 am

k den.

Still think D. HERO is the best build.

DDS

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Back to top Go down

Default Title

Post by Galaksii on Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:42 am

Dark Duelist Soul wrote:k den.

Still think D. HERO is the best build.

It is good and perhaps it will be the best. There are a lot ways you can plus in those variants. Even with Synchros and High-Rank XYZs

Galaksii

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content