Tournaments Ideas (Suggestions)

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tournaments Ideas (Suggestions)

Post by Anzo on Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello folks,

Here at Duel Academy we always seek to host unique tournaments. We have a hard-working staff team ready to come up with new ideas each now and then; however, sometimes and after a while of doing this it becomes a bit hard to think of something new, hence we're asking for your assistance Smile

If you have an original idea of a tournament that we could host and you think we should be hosting please do post below your idea in detail. Then the staff team will privately discuss your idea in the staff sections to see whether we could host it or not. If they agreed that your idea is a good one then we'll schedule it and host it, we'll even throw some DPs in your pocket as a thank you. Wink

We need as much ideas as possible, don't shy out. There is no limit to how many tournaments ideas you can post.

DA Administrator of the year 2012, 2014 l DA Artist of the Year 2012, 2014, 2015 l ~Lead, follow, or get out the way~

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Duel Points : Plenty
Reputation Points : 349
Pro Decklists : 0
I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Hi Mom! Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising Give me your money! Community favorite Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!

http://www.duelacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Tournaments Ideas (Suggestions)

Post by Alex401k on Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:43 am

A field power bonus tourney u give the type of field to play on and the monsters(s) that play best on that field get double the boost from the card u can use cards that have treated effects like a legendary ocean since it's treated as umi but to keep it fair the level reduction effect won't be in play if used this way and I said u may use it because it would give more variety on the fieldstp play on 

Alex401k

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Duel Points : 2210
Reputation Points : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathStalker on Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:01 am

Gozen Tournament.
Just like it sounds. One attribute tournament with a little flexibility.

All monsters in your side, main, and extra deck has to be the chosen attribute. But you are allowed to have a total of 3 monsters in your extra and main deck that is not of the chosen attribute.

■ Each round of the tournament you have to use a deck made of only one attribute. 
■ You get to choose what attribute you want to use for that round. And the tourney host has to approve it. 
■ You cannot call an attribute that you used last round. But you can interchange between just 2 attribute. Calling one then the next. 
□ You are only allowed to have one side deck throughout the whole tournament. Regardless of if you change your attribute / deck.
□ To make things fair Shadow and Light Imprisoning mirror are Banned.

That's basically it. The open boxed ones are rules that can be changed as DA admin see fit. 

I can do the write-up for the tournament if you want.

"I know not of what weapons and powers this war will be fought with, but I do know the next war will be fought with Sticks and Stones..." 
- Roy
Sigs by CrimzonStudios + ParaBox -Sama

☬Project Roy-X by CrimzonStudios..☬

DeathStalker

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 6540
Reputation Points : 1
Medallions : 1

http://www.rocclan.shivtr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzo on Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:49 am

I hosted something similar about a year and a half ago. I'm not against it.

@DDS has the final saying though.

DA Administrator of the year 2012, 2014 l DA Artist of the Year 2012, 2014, 2015 l ~Lead, follow, or get out the way~

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Duel Points : Plenty
Reputation Points : 349
I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Hi Mom! Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising Give me your money! Community favorite Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!

http://www.duelacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex401k on Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:02 am

I'm not either

Alex401k

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Duel Points : 2210

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:08 pm

Yeah its very similar to the Marvel tournament we hosted.

There is no place like 127.0.0.1.

Roach

Administrator
Administrator

Duel Points : 2620
Reputation Points : 79
Pro Decklists : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Jv on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:25 pm

We did an attribute only before marvel too if im not wrong.

Jv

Administrator
Administrator

Duel Points : 500,000
Reputation Points : 58
Pro Decklists : 12
Medallions : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Wheeller on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:33 am

@DDS

We can take it to the next level if we want to

A Role Playing Game Tournament - Event. I am talking about something new here

A perfect starting step will be The Battle City Tournament, similar to the one in the YGO series
(Oh the memories...)

What we really need and want is connection. This is why we choose the chat room and similar places from others in the Acedemy. A rpg tournament combines all the fields that members, veterans & new ones are looking for : Interraction + Universe + Dueling

We can provide, without unnecessary complications, a world that with simple yet wise ways covers all those aspects.

Let me explain.

We have been invited into the infamous Domino City, our host Seto Kaiba *bleeeww* himself is staging the Ultimate Adventure for Pro Duelists. There all participants will be given :

- A State of the Art Duel Disk produced by Kaiba Corp, monitoring all Duel Data.
   - An off-limit specific hotel ticket to house the Duelist for the duration of the Games - it will be invoked once the Games end.
   - 2 Locator Cards. The main purpose of the tournament is to Duel others who hold Locator Cards as well. There is no limit into how many cards we can wage in a Duel. Those who run out of Locator Cards are dissqualified. In the other hand those who have 6 Locator Cards are able to track the area and participate in the Finals. There in Elimination Form the Winner gets the chance to Face the Host himself for the Ultimate Prize: Being Crowned King of Games (or Queen ).
These cards can be placed under our name so that they are visible and trackable.

This is the tournament. It can be played and really be enjoyed by the members!
 But that is not enough. We want something more than simple ways to duel more on DN or YGO pro. We need interraction as I said earlier and a sufficient yet simple story to house it.

Now the role-play kicks in.

We have entered Domino City. There we are free to interract with other people, players or even NPC'S, visit places, major areas that have been agreed on ex The Central Square, The Three Skyscrapers. As well as random ones ex a market, a*fruit*bar.

Additional story arcs mini or not can and will be added. Even players that have been dissqualified by the Tournament itself can stay around for the duration of the Games and get involved into the City Universe.

An Organization, for which little is known is methothically expanding it's roots beneath the City to ultimately strike Kaiba Corp, the duelists or even collect the millenium items, the Eqyptian God Cards, we name it.

Players are also able to roam around, for instance, visit a local ice cream shop where they can find other duelists and engage in friendly skirmishes not necessarily for L cards even.

The options are endless here, these simple yet efficient attributes is what mainly new - roaming players look for, a place to spend some of their time in a positive constructive sharing way without having to repeat patterns over and over again. As long as an expedition like this takes place, since we have the No1 must thing: Continuity, from the designers side, people will come and be intrigued by it. Months will pass and these events will take a form like a real organism, where newcomers will join & stay more than the past and be willing for more.
 Why? Because it is something new and efficient. I would join a fellow site for a thing like that alone, even pay a monthly gaming fee and I'm not the only one who would.

I could run this theme on my own site and even make it Non Yugioh like, but I am not spending time into the net anymore due to other choices.
 Given the right tools, a clear path to walk on and not over excessive rules or unnessecary restrictions this core game can really please members sparking action and human connection at the same time.

Last edited by Joey Wheeller on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Joey Wheeller

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:02 am

This looks cool Joey. We can use the normal decks and follow the Battle City tournament system. Using old decks would be unfortunately kinda hard to pull off.

"So we are staying in this mess, this beautiful mess tonight"
Why so serious? :3 

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Duel Points : 1510
Reputation Points : 23
Get me out of here Here to stay This is not hard I am 12 and what is this? Who are you? Give me your money! What's winning? Community favorite He was lucky Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend! Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Wheeller on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:15 am

Possibly we might Ban the Exodia/Stall/Burn Decks but even that needs consideration and conversation.

Other than that we should use every Deck that is available, Tcg Ruling with the Proper Ban List that is on Use

As you said it will be hard and a turn off if we start limiting things right and left only those things that could ruin the excitement game, ex Final Countdown Deck.

Joey Wheeller

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:42 pm

We usually don't allow Exodia, Burn, Troll, stall and such decks in our tournament and events. Everything else should be fine.

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Get me out of here Here to stay This is not hard I am 12 and what is this? Who are you? Give me your money! What's winning? Community favorite He was lucky Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend! Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by vasko1234 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:58 pm

How about a normal tournament with no meta

vasko1234

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 1520
Reputation Points : 1
Pro Decklists : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:58 pm

@vasko1234 wrote:How about a normal tournament with no meta
We got Rookie tournament and Prodecklist.

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Luffy1 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:57 pm

How about a tournament where each round you can only use cards beginning with a certain letter. Only one card from each archetype should make it fair. All cards are limited.

Luffy1

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 2800

Back to top Go down

Post by DuskMage on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:45 pm

Maybe the boss monster tournament I held could be become a regular thing. I proved that its possible and wanted with the Big Boss Tournament.

Quotes of DA
Spoiler:
"I'm not lazy, I'm just conserving energy" ~JC the shadow hunter 2016
"He'll lose weight if I explode 60% of his body mass. That's how this works, right?" ~Shameless 2016
"I just assumed it was a well-clothed, flat-chested loli." ~DuskMage 2016
"Breaking and entering, destruction of property, arson, harrassment and sexual assault with a concrete dildo is the American way, you know" ~Shameless 2016
"NO! F! NOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! No way! Freakin No! Ok, why the f are people drawing their sides, but I'm not!" ~CrimsonOverlord 2016

DuskMage

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 1245
Reputation Points : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:05 pm

@Luffy1 wrote:How about a tournament where each round you can only use cards beginning with a certain letter. Only one card from each archetype should make it fair. All cards are limited.
We got something similar usually. Draft and Highlander tournaments are usually similar to this, we had The Charm tournament etc. 
@DuskMage wrote:Maybe the boss monster tournament I held could be become a regular thing. I proved that its possible and wanted with the Big Boss Tournament.

Big Boss was good tournament indeed.

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Luffy1 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:14 pm

@Lux wrote:
@Luffy1 wrote:How about a tournament where each round you can only use cards beginning with a certain letter. Only one card from each archetype should make it fair. All cards are limited.
We got something similar usually. Draft and Highlander tournaments are usually similar to this, we had The Charm tournament etc. 
The ones you mentioned are good, but it doesn't test your deck building skills as much. When you have to search for cards that fit, makes it harder IMO.

Luffy1

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:31 pm

@Luffy1 wrote:
@Lux wrote:
The ones you mentioned are good, but it doesn't test your deck building skills as much. When you have to search for cards that fit, makes it harder IMO.

I can see what you're thinking about, but limiting card pool only to cards with certain letter kinda kills the fun and doesen't test deck building skills at all. And we'll have a tournament that you might like in January, so hold on there! Wink

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Luffy1 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:37 pm

@Lux wrote:
@Luffy1 wrote:
@Lux wrote:

I can see what you're thinking about, but limiting card pool only to cards with certain letter kinda kills the fun and doesen't test deck building skills at all. And we'll have a tournament that you might like in January, so hold on there! Wink
You probably don't get how it would work. Take any letter and see what options you have to make a deck. Each deck would be different, winners would be those that have card knowledge and can build a decent deck. The fun is in making a deck with restrictions.

I like any deck building tournament.

Luffy1

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:04 pm

@Luffy1 wrote:You probably don't get how it would work. Take any letter and see what options you have to make a deck. Each deck would be different, winners would be those that have card knowledge and can build a decent deck. The fun is in making a deck with restrictions.

I like any deck building tournament.

Don't worry! Tournaments are cooking in our factory over and over, I'm sure something like that will come one day! Smile

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo on Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:57 am

!1Vs2 Tournament!
It's a monthly tournament which puts the strongest duelist in the academy this month "Ranked 1st at the circuit" against the other participants in the tournament.

Some additional notes about the tournament : 
* There may be some tags in the tournament due to the brackets.
* Each team will be consisted of 2 duelists and have its own name.
* Duel Type : 1 Vs 2.

Leo

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunkion on Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:36 am

@Leo wrote:
!1Vs2 Tournament!
It's a monthly tournament which puts the strongest duelist in the academy this month "Ranked 1st at the circuit" against the other participants in the tournament.

The 95% of DA plays on Dn as paltaform so i dont see this being as a good idea

¡

Drunkion

Society of Light
Society of Light

Duel Points : 40,370
Reputation Points : 3
Pro Decklists : 2
Medallions : 4
What is life? Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Innovative New hero in town! Supreme King Give me your money! Community slacker Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:54 am

farkion wrote:
@Leo wrote:
!1Vs2 Tournament!

The 95% of DA plays on Dn as paltaform so i dont see this being as a good idea
I'll have to agree with farkion. Most of our users use DN. However, something may be created out of your idea.

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:09 am

i have an idea,how about HERO VS RIVAL tourney
basically this will be like this:players can select to be the hero or to be the rival examp player chooses to be rival so he has to build a deck that a rival in ygo has used,examp blue eyes deck and vice versa for the players who choose the hero option.
We could also arrange it into gens per say gen1 dm,gen2 gx etc etc if the tourney were to be made monthly or sth

welp thats my initial idea for it

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Duel Points : 33,550
Reputation Points : 30
I got rid of my girlfriend! Here to stay I bet it's cool out there Business man Getting the hang of it Who are you? What's winning? GG2EZ Innovative He was lucky Never back down! I was not even trying I am 12 and what is this? Community favorite Underdog Rising Popular figure New hero in town! Representative I only got 4 dollars Community slacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:53 pm

'Am not sure abut that. Would be nice if you provide more info.

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 pm

depends on how we arrange it with the generations and stuff for examp if we choose per say gx your rival decks would be:cyber,destiny,ojama and level up etc etc while the hero aka protagonists would have elem heroes,dinosaur etc etc.Think of it as per say a character deck tourney.

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Duel Points : 33,550
Reputation Points : 30
I got rid of my girlfriend! Here to stay I bet it's cool out there Business man Getting the hang of it Who are you? What's winning? GG2EZ Innovative He was lucky Never back down! I was not even trying I am 12 and what is this? Community favorite Underdog Rising Popular figure New hero in town! Representative I only got 4 dollars Community slacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Shameless on Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:16 pm

Character "RP" Duel Tourney

Pros:

• Nostalgia, mostly. 
  • Limits card choices immensely, which could help "balance".
  • Separating things into Eras (DM, GX, 5Ds, Zxl, Arc5) could help balance things as well, depending on the Era.

Cons:

• Some character decks are over-supported (insert any protag deck here + few fan favs, like Mai Valentine + Pegasus), whereas....virtually everyone else is very under-supported, there aren't enough cards to make a full deck, or the deck is unplayable due only a few cards being printed for the sake of "show tie-ins"
  • Lots of characters use very generic cards (Like Pot of Greed, etc), most of which are currently banned. It wouldn't feel very "character-like" without them. As an extension, there are plenty of printed cards that have vastly different anime effects (Card of Sanctity being most notable). Using current Konami-printed cards can make some decks rather boring and not character-like.
  • There are oodles of unprinted anime cards that protagonists use (Check Yugi's deck--I mean Yugi, not Yami/Atem). Not being able to use them makes things difficult.
  • Some characters don't have an "archetype" that they use, but a massive jumble of cards that work "well" together (See: Bakura), or just rapidly and randomly switch between different archetypes (See: Chazz, or Zane). Others just use vastly different decks, depending on the platform they exist on (See: Manga Jaden, Aster vs Anime Jaden vs Aster)
  • There will be a very clear, defined meta per Era. And very clear, defined "shit decks" in each as well. As an extension, if all Eras are legal at the same time, then some protagonist decks just vastly outmatch others. I.E: ArcV Decks > Every Other Era.

Duelist Kingdom/Duel City Tourney

Pros: 

• Nostalgia, mostly.
  • Rules can be rather lenient, but they are very consistent all throughout.
  • Allows room for relative creativity.

Cons:

• It takes a rather long, long time to complete.
  • It's not fun/interesting with just a few people to play. Anything less than 12 contestants is rather dull.
  • Because it's such a largescale tournament, restrictions on certain things (I.E: Banning decks, etc) could become a hassle. And the more "rules and restrictions" there are, the easier it is to find loopholes.
  • It's a very common tournament that a lot of academies use, and thus it could end up being relatively boring.

Grand Prix Tourney

Pros:

• It's a hotfix to not being able to tag on DN. (See: YGO 5Ds WC 2011 End Game)
  • The rules have already been created, generated and balanced by Konami...albeit for a videogame that few probably played. (See: ygo 5Ds WC 2011 End Game)
  • Can add more interesting rules, like: "Teams must share the banlist and deck building rules; I.E: Only one player on the team can use Raigeki; If each player wants to run Upstart Goblin, they must divide it's use among the players--the team can only use a total of 3 Upstart Gobins throughout all the participants Decks"
  • Far easier to cast out restrictions in this type of tournament.

Cons:

• The largest problem is participation. This tourney would require massive activity from a lot of players, since 2 teams could equate to 4-6 different players in total.
  • Switching between players, for each next step in the Grand Prix is very strict and rather time-consuming, since transferring the rules from a videogame to DN can be extremely tedious.
  • Out of all the tourney ideas, this is the one with the most space for people to legitimately cheat as it requires a large number of "honorcode" antics to run smoothly.

Card Poll Boost Pack Pull Tourney

Pros:

• Players cast out votes to create a pool of 150+ cards, then use a random list/number generator to pull 65 of them (45 for main deck, 20 for extra, for leniency on choices)--and these choices can include any card in the game.
  • User-created and oriented tournaments are very fun, since the inherent balance comes from the mind of each participant.
  • It's very easy to add "other" rules to the tournament; I.E: Make it highlander, 3 OAK (3 of a kind), Megabanned, etc.

Cons:

• It takes a rather long time to set up, since it is player-created-and-oriented.
  • RNGesus can be very unkind to those who are unprepared. Very, very unkind.

Shameless

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 15450
Reputation Points : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Shameless on Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:20 pm

Honestly, just a breakdown of the common ideas that often get passed around for largescale Duel Academy tournaments. These aren't "suggestions" as they are comparisons and breakdowns of what is to be expected. All of these tournaments can run smoothly, it just depends on the person running the tournaments and the activity of the participants.

Shameless

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 15450
Reputation Points : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:21 pm

I really keep my fingers crossed that there will be DK.

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarn Tethers on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:05 pm

A tournament where you can only use monsters of the same attribute, but you can only have 1 copy of each monster.

A tournament that only uses spells/traps.

Character Deck Tournament

Anime Deck Tournament, theme a deck after an anime character.

Just some last minute sexy ideas.

Monthly Members of Yarn's Knitting Club: 

Yarn Tethers

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 2160
Reputation Points : 11

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freakinquinton

Back to top Go down

Post by DuskMage on Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:08 am

So in a anime deck tournament, one could play infernities due to Kiryu.

And would magna decks be allowed? If so, that also makes Masked Heroes open.

Speedroids due to one of the Arc-V guys(the one with crystal wing, all dem Yu names look alike)

Just me overthinking things.

Quotes of DA
Spoiler:
"I'm not lazy, I'm just conserving energy" ~JC the shadow hunter 2016
"He'll lose weight if I explode 60% of his body mass. That's how this works, right?" ~Shameless 2016
"I just assumed it was a well-clothed, flat-chested loli." ~DuskMage 2016
"Breaking and entering, destruction of property, arson, harrassment and sexual assault with a concrete dildo is the American way, you know" ~Shameless 2016
"NO! F! NOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! No way! Freakin No! Ok, why the f are people drawing their sides, but I'm not!" ~CrimsonOverlord 2016

DuskMage

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 1245
Reputation Points : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next