Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionHow do you know?

more_horiz
Hi guys, TDP here..

I have been wondering about the following dilemma or rather mstery ( to me atleast ).

How do you know if you are a good person or a bad one. I mean ofcourse you know by heart if you are doing good things with your life or for other or not. But what makes you know you if you are a truly good person or deep down a bad one?

Or is it that we are all bad from the start, but develope nice charataristics in order to blend in and be liked by other people, so life isn't lonely.

So how do you know?

http://www.duelacademy.net/t10712-tactics-to-rise-above-the-competition

descriptionRe: How do you know?

more_horiz
"There's nothing good or bad, but thinking makes it so." A quote from Hamlet.

more_horiz
Well Nightbot, We know where not a good person or a negative person based on what our peers tell us. If no one tells us were a negative person then well never know we're negative. Nobody is born mean or anything like that crap, Our surroundings and experiences shape us into what we are later. No one has the same experiences and other crap because no one gets to see what others get to see on a daily basis. I hope I answered your question clear.

more_horiz
'We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.'. A Quote from Harry Potter, which sums everything up. It is how you act, that defines that person that you are.

#TheKozmoForce

'I know not of any Will, but I have some of that power'

'Take a walk through our garden and smell the Aroma' - >THE< Aromage player of DA

more_horiz
@ScottyAdams wrote:
'We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.'. A Quote from Harry Potter, which sums everything up. It is how you act, that defines that person that you are.

That's a good quote but you should say what you believe in your heart. Not from a movie script.

more_horiz
You know you are not a good person if you do this topic to search reasons to be one. IJS

more_horiz
@Heartbreaker wrote:
@ScottyAdams wrote:

That's a good quote but you should say what you believe in your heart. Not from a movie script.

It sums up my thoughts perfectly tho.

#TheKozmoForce

'I know not of any Will, but I have some of that power'

'Take a walk through our garden and smell the Aroma' - >THE< Aromage player of DA

more_horiz
Good or bad are words, they're far away from being accurate. There is not a person on this planet who is entirely "good" or absolutely "bad". Everyone has a mix of both. That doesn't exclude you, or myself.

I believe I'm a good person, I rarely lie or cheat on someone, and I always hold my friends dearly in my heart - however, I'm also a bad person because sometimes I say things that shouldn't be said or refuse to help someone who is in need for something.

Depends on how you see your life pattern. If you wake up in the morning feeling good and no regrets; then I'd say you're doing well regardless whether you're good or bad, or a bit of both.

DA Administrator of the year 2012, 2014 l DA Artist of the Year 2012, 2014, 2015 l ~Lead, follow, or get out the way~

more_horiz
To comment on the theory of you knowing if you are bad or good by what people think of you.

1: I think that holds a large portion of what makes you good or bad, seeing if people perceive you as being bad you will most likely act bad afterwards. But that would mean we all cling unto the opinion of others ( which is true in most people's cases though ), but to be honest with you all. I myself do not think that I care a whole lot of other people think of me ( or atleast strangers or people that I don't really like or know ).

2: To say; How you act on your inner thoughts defines if you are good or bad, is simple logic. I say this because I know for certain we all have darker thoughts at times than we would actually like to have or admit. But I do not believe that if you act bad ( on the darker thoughts ) and are perceived bad but you essentially want to bring about something good with your bad actions, that you are bad. Instead I think you are essentially a good person for wanting to change something for the better.

But then again... what do I know... lol I started this topic to find out what you guys think on the question..

http://www.duelacademy.net/t10712-tactics-to-rise-above-the-competition

more_horiz
lol well you didn't ask an easy question :D

Also, to point out something concerning other people opinions of you: You use other people's opinion of you as scaling measure to learn whether you're good or bad. If you only use your own conscious to decide whether you're good or bad then you'll reach a biased answer, the answer you want to be true.  If you're around honest people then you can easily tell whether you're good or bad, by listening to what those people have to say about you. Consequently, other people opinion of you matters.

DA Administrator of the year 2012, 2014 l DA Artist of the Year 2012, 2014, 2015 l ~Lead, follow, or get out the way~

more_horiz
Everybody has their good and bad sides. However, we usually just focus on the good sides, because we know the bad sides of people who we care about, but we still love them. Being a good person means that you do the right things, being honest, showing kindness and care. Helping other people is always a pleasure and you will never be poor if you do it. However, being a good person also means to have "your own me". That means that you should not allow other people to manipulate your kindness and your help. Sometimes, people don't deserve what they got. It's really doing the right things and helping the other people, and being the best yourself you can be. Btw, sorry for my english Smile

EDIT: Being the best you can be is not satisfying other people wishes and needs. It's about archieving your own goals, keeping promises and spend time with your friends and your family.

"So we are staying in this mess, this beautiful mess tonight"
Why so serious? :3 

more_horiz
You will never know it since there's no a "Good" peson at 100%.

Killing a Fly makes you NO good.

Walking in the grass Makes you No good.

Eat junk food makes you no good. so RIP.

more_horiz
A person cant be good or bad but he can be good according to other people and bad according to others. If you want to be "good" and be acknowledged as "good" you need to satisfy the certain group that you are aiming to "impress". For example if you want to be a good son you will probably listen to your parents and try to match their moral views and etc.

If you want to become a good person for yourself not somebody else then first you have to figure out what is most important to you in life and what do you think is the right thing to do in this world.As long as you are following your ideals and views,you are true to yourself thus a good person,but to people that have different opinions you wont be "good".

~     E .F .S .F  .  E l i t e    ~

more_horiz
^ speechless life Paradoxes:

To be good for me you must marry me, but if you do another person will be unhappy.

SO by being good for me you are a bad for another one.

Just cut yours veins.

more_horiz
@WondeRy wrote:
A person cant be good or bad but he can be good according to other people and bad according to others. If you want to be "good" and be acknowledged as "good" you need to satisfy the certain group that you are aiming to "impress". For example if you want to be a good son you will probably listen to your parents and try to match their moral views and etc.

If you want to become a good person for yourself not somebody else then first you have to figure out what is most important to you in life and what do you think is the right thing to do in this world.As long as you are following your ideals and views,you are true to yourself thus a good person,but to people that have different opinions you wont be "good".

Yes, @WondeRy explained it right. If you want to be "good" and be acknowledged as "good" then you satisfy other wishes. But that's wrong, and doesen't make you a good person (I know that WondeRy didn't want to tell that that does make you good person, just saying). You are just desperate to look good in other people eyes and satisfy other people wishes cause you don't really have any goals, except satisfying them. You need to love yourself first to get loved by true and kind people. You just need to have your "me". 

P.S. sorry for my english, again. 

more_horiz
Wondery had quite a nice explanation on this o.O
Hmm...if I were to say my opinion as well I would say I myself don't believe in "Black&White" And see the life full of grey people with lots of choices in front of them;What choices we follow and the stuff we do is what turns this grey either darker or brighter but how to judge that if something is the "brighter" thing to do...?
I believe the answer to that lies at our own hearts but not other people's points of view(#Narcist) You can cheat,lie,(take someone to a specific white van,)hurt,kill or even misspell a name at some points on purpose* and act like you don't care&you have a right to do this but deep down...you know what you are doing is not the "bright" thing to do...
Weeeeeeeelll...yeah I know this doesn't explain someone that sees some "wrong" stuff as the "right" thing to do(Kill a person to save him from the life he doesn't seem to enjoy) but to be honest I don't see them as "bad"/"dark" people...maybe....another point of view than us or something?

But oh well...who am I to judge a person?

*Every example given in this post is just an example but if you really think it's too close to stuff you do then maybe you are not the exact "good" person you think you are...

Last edited by faervel on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

jjh927:sacker -_-

Amy Kool :
[05:06:21] @ Amy Kool : kaiba talks about screwing the rules but yugi actually does the shit

Achivements :
Survival Tourney second place-12/1/2013
Deck Master Lord tourney second place
DA's underdog of the year-2013
DA world cup 2nd place 8/25/2014

more_horiz
Solved, I guess?

My personal belief is that, you are born with it. It's like a smell or scent around you, it's with you, you can not shake it away. Someone can smell better than flowers, someone can smell worse than vomit. @WondeRy knows

Also, smells differs for everyone, and people have different opinions on them, just like personalities. Some people thinks Indian spices and Chinese herbs smell good; some just can't stand it. Some likes the smell of smoking, some finds it disturbing. Is there a definite line for good or bad? SOME yes, like no one likes the smell of vomit (I believe), but again most of the actions have a lot of grey areas that circumstances can affect the judgment on a certain things if it's good or bad. Therefore, like a lot have said already, it ultimately comes down to different people's moralities and judgments.

DONDABA DENDEN EGAEGAON.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum