Issues with my Laptop

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issues with my Laptop

Post by Lux on Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:50 pm

Hello! So I've been facing difficulties with my charger with my laptop during last few days. Currently I'm writing this with less than 10% on. So basically when I plug my charger to my laptop the laptop won't charge until I hold the charger itself with my fingers, but when I move my fingers, it's not charging again. I've had same issue last year where my laptop ended on repairment for a 6 months where I get new charger. Am I the only one who uses laptop and facing these difficulties, and how can I solve them? And is the problem in my laptop or I need to buy new charges every few months. Please no troll posts. Peace! http://prntscr.com/948qk1

"So we are staying in this mess, this beautiful mess tonight"
Why so serious? :3 

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Duel Points : 1510
Reputation Points : 23
Pro Decklists : 0
Medallions : 1
Get me out of here Here to stay This is not hard I am 12 and what is this? Who are you? Give me your money! What's winning? Community favorite He was lucky Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend! Representative

Back to top Go down

Re: Issues with my Laptop

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:04 pm

It might be the power jack, check to see if the charger is loose inside by wiggling it around.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathStalker on Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:25 pm

Have you tried turning it off and on again

Srry couldn't resist. Well as botto said it's obviously the charger. Look up the laptop model on ebay and search for its charger. If that doesn't work then Its the laptop's internal power brick. And it's pointless fixing a laptops power brick. Just get a new one. So buy a new charger.   That shud fix it.

"I know not of what weapons and powers this war will be fought with, but I do know the next war will be fought with Sticks and Stones..." 
- Roy
Sigs by CrimzonStudios + ParaBox -Sama

DeathStalker

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 6540
Reputation Points : 1

http://www.rocclan.shivtr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:28 pm

Probably not. Charger is the same like it as while it as working. The problem is not my laptop either. It works perfectly fine and it drains power normally.

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Get me out of here Here to stay This is not hard I am 12 and what is this? Who are you? Give me your money! What's winning? Community favorite He was lucky Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend! Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathStalker on Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:30 pm

It's the charger m8. Trust me when I s@y so

"I know not of what weapons and powers this war will be fought with, but I do know the next war will be fought with Sticks and Stones..." 
- Roy
Sigs by CrimzonStudios + ParaBox -Sama

DeathStalker

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 6540
Reputation Points : 1

http://www.rocclan.shivtr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:32 pm

I was thinking the same thing. I guess I'll buy new charger then. Is it normal to change  charger every few months? Had this one 7 months.

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:37 pm

The "power jack" is the place you put the charger in, not the charger it's self.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:48 pm

Power jack is fine. I got that repaired few months ago.

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitoritto on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:45 pm

Your laptop's power supply seams to be damaged, to test that unplug the battery and run it off charger cable. If it wont run most likely your jack is malfunctioning. You most likely caused it by pluging it in and out as a maniac, or you applied preasure to the end of the cable thus damaging the "jack".

Skitoritto

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 1185
Reputation Points : 108
Here to stay Get me out of here This is not hard Yo Mamma What is winning? GG2EZ Give me your money! Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:14 am

It runs normal without the charger.

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:17 am

Do the american thing and let GeekSquad figure it out... 

It's probably the charger cable. And if you did get the power jack fixed awhile back, there's also a strong possibility that it could be that as well.

Dex

CUSTOM RANK Dexy
CUSTOM RANK Dexy

Duel Points : 88615
Reputation Points : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitoritto on Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:03 am

I said try to start it without the battery, just using the charger.

Skitoritto

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 1185
Reputation Points : 108
Here to stay Get me out of here This is not hard Yo Mamma What is winning? GG2EZ Give me your money! Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzo on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:46 pm

Smash your laptop with a hammer, if it stops working, then it's definitely the charger.

DA Administrator of the year 2012, 2014 l DA Artist of the Year 2012, 2014, 2015 l ~Lead, follow, or get out the way~

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Duel Points : Plenty
Reputation Points : 349
I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Hi Mom! Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising Give me your money! Community favorite Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!

http://www.duelacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:46 pm

I've found a "pose" where my laptop can charge  

So yeah, the issue is still here, but at least my laptop is charging (again). I'll try to test it @Skitoritto.

@Anzo done already lol!

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzo on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:56 pm

It's probably a shortage with the cable (a cut). You might need a new cable.

DA Administrator of the year 2012, 2014 l DA Artist of the Year 2012, 2014, 2015 l ~Lead, follow, or get out the way~

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Duel Points : Plenty
Reputation Points : 349
I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Hi Mom! Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising Give me your money! Community favorite Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!

http://www.duelacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top