DN Status After the Image Removal

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DN Status After the Image Removal

Post by Jv on Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Yeah, as we all knew DN basically Died.

Nowadays it only has 600-700 People online. The Public Chat died, no one writes. No more Spam.

People moved to YGOPRO Percival the only one that adds Cards the same day after being spoilerd, and many moved to Devpro just because it was somehow related to DN.

Jv

Administrator
Administrator

Duel Points : 500,000
Reputation Points : 58
Pro Decklists : 12
Medallions : 13
King Of Games

Back to top Go down

Re: DN Status After the Image Removal

Post by Neji on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:23 pm

@ScottyAdams wrote:
@Neji wrote:With a community dumber than the city of Miami and the slowest shit of life. 

The forums were worse than most subreddits on reddit. The graphic center and gaming subforums were useless as thrirsty pricks would only selfishly ask you for requests rather than give out their opinion on your works. Gaming threads would be ignored because it wasn't LoL or whatever shitty game was the fad at the time. 
The deck garage was decent. There was always drama somewhere in intro or in general discussion. 

I'm glad half of the kiddies are gone.

Skrubs and children exist EVERYWHERE. That's a fact, they're not just isolated to DN. I ignored the forums for the most part, because well, 95% of its inhabitants are idiots *when I would post on something, it'd only be because said topic interested me*.

The truth about games is; most gaming discussion devolves into childish Bullshit that quite frankly, is best left to games like CoD *yes, the CoD community is cancer*.

Most people who play this game are immature ... brought in by the allure of the anime, and the fact that this game is promoted as a "children's card game" at its core *that is another rant, for another time, but plain and simple; this ain't a children's card game*.

Tl;dr, there's idiots in EVERY single community you go to, some more than others ... as much as the DN community was cancer, if you ignored it and just did your thing, all was decent.

This was barely ever the case in the older days and ygo was still a children's card game then as well. The amount of drama and stupidity increased drastically with DN.

I know there are idiots in everything. I'm not saying there aren't. I'm just saying I'm happy a lot of them left.

Neji

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Duel Points : 6185
Reputation Points : 30
Pro Decklists : 0
Here to stay Business man This is not hard I am a rich man Lazy Slacker Can I get a discount? Community Slacker

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyAdams on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:29 pm

@Neji wrote:
@ScottyAdams wrote:
@Neji wrote:With a community dumber than the city of Miami and the slowest shit of life. 

The forums were worse than most subreddits on reddit. The graphic center and gaming subforums were useless as thrirsty pricks would only selfishly ask you for requests rather than give out their opinion on your works. Gaming threads would be ignored because it wasn't LoL or whatever shitty game was the fad at the time. 
The deck garage was decent. There was always drama somewhere in intro or in general discussion. 

Skrubs and children exist EVERYWHERE. That's a fact, they're not just isolated to DN. I ignored the forums for the most part, because well, 95% of its inhabitants are idiots *when I would post on something, it'd only be because said topic interested me*.

The truth about games is; most gaming discussion devolves into childish Bullshit that quite frankly, is best left to games like CoD *yes, the CoD community is cancer*.

Most people who play this game are immature ... brought in by the allure of the anime, and the fact that this game is promoted as a "children's card game" at its core *that is another rant, for another time, but plain and simple; this ain't a children's card game*.

Tl;dr, there's idiots in EVERY single community you go to, some more than others ... as much as the DN community was cancer, if you ignored it and just did your thing, all was decent.

This was barely ever the case in the older days and ygo was still a children's card game then as well. The amount of drama and stupidity increased drastically with DN.

I know there are idiots in everything. I'm not saying there isn't. I'm just saying I'm happy a lot of them left.

Never was a "children's card game" ... at least, not competitively *seriously, if you were to quiz children about the mechanics of yugioh, most would fail*. As I said, there's more idiocy in some places than others. Maybe there was more on DN than other places, sure, but it is what it is.

Drama was just more evident on DN, it existed in other places, but they managed to keep it stowed away, more than DN is able to.

In fact, I'll say this; DevPro/YgoPro is more inviting to scrubs, because of the fact the system is automated and spoon-feeds you. That's not to say there aren't good players who use those platforms, because there are ... but DN had a lot of top players in both IRL and online play that used it too, simply because it simulated the real life experience.

The fact that it was/is easier to access than Ygo/DevPro lends itself to the fair share of skrubs, but once you waded through them, you'd find yourself coming up against some pretty solid duelists.

#TheKozmoForce

'I know not of any Will, but I have some of that power'

'Take a walk through our garden and smell the Aroma' - >THE< Aromage player of DA

ScottyAdams

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Duel Points : 8125
Reputation Points : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuran on Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:51 pm

^
Dont forget the admins with a god complex

Nuran

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 121279
Reputation Points : 72
Here to Stay GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying

Back to top Go down

Post by Neji on Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:59 pm

@Nuran wrote:

^
Dont forget the admins with a god complex

Razz

Neji

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Here to stay Business man This is not hard I am a rich man Lazy Slacker Can I get a discount? Community Slacker

Back to top Go down

Post by psychoturtle on Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:50 am

DN didn't care to fix or at least try to help fix my IP problem after the hack attacks by that Egyptian kid. I can't access it for almost 2 months now from my laptop and since I despise automatic ygo systems, I switched to Hearthstone...now DN lost their images too. This is just such a damn shame, since DN is the best ygo platform that ever came out but the people who run the site (who will not be named) are so careless, selfish and incapable. It's their fault the site is dying.

Spoiler:

Archer: really
Archer has gained 1000 life points
! ! ! ! ! ! Aladeen!: eff
Archer: REALLY
Archer: you peice of garbage
Archer: OPEN ALL 3
Archer: you hack
! ! ! ! ! ! Aladeen!: cant spec
Archer: open every single answer you have why don't you

Roach: If turts was any more laid back he would he horizontal

psychoturtle

Society of Light
Society of Light

Duel Points : 99,500
Reputation Points : 48
Medallions : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda-Senpai on Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:38 am

@psychoturtle wrote:DN didn't care to fix or at least try to help fix my IP problem after the hack attacks by that Egyptian kid. I can't access it for almost 2 months now from my laptop and since I despise automatic ygo systems, I switched to Hearthstone...now DN lost their images too. This is just such a damn shame, since DN is the best ygo platform that ever came out but the people who run the site (who will not be named) are so careless, selfish and incapable. It's their fault the site is dying.
What's your battle.net?

inb4DA becomes Hearth Academy.

Achievments in spoiler.
Spoiler:
DA League S2, S9, and S11 winner
Chronos Survival Cup 3 Winner. TBUT2 and TBUT3 winner.
Won 29+ DA lives
DA Lives season 0, and season 1 winner.
Won more DA lives than anyone else. Alot more.
Supreme queen of May 2012, April-May 2013, and May 2014.
Three time Survival Master
My current DA record: Wins:451 Lost: 81 Draws: 6
Former Teacher and Assistant. Former Moderator.
First to ever reach the Abandoned Dark League
Moderator of the year 2013.
DA Regionals 2012 and 2013 top 4
Badass since 2011
First to ever pass the Slifer Exam, with a score of 34/35.
Much more.

Linda-Senpai

Survial Master
Survial Master

Duel Points : 21,410
Reputation Points : 118
Pro Decklists : 6
Medallions : 1
True Senpai Community Slacker Business man Get me out of here! I got rid of my girlfriend! Topic for you and you and everybody! He was lucky Yo Mama Supreme King GG2EZ Beatdown New hero in town Survival Master Give me your money! Popular Figure

Back to top Go down

Post by DMK on Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:27 am

I don't think you'd be able to play with turtle. Game is separated by regions, kinda sucks but makes sense. Got a bunch of EU friends I'd love to play with. Sad

My biggest accomplishment so far here on DA
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
[10:49:39] N : I'm proud of you
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
pig 

DMK

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 3180
Pro Decklists : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Neji on Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:57 am

@Linda-Senpai wrote:
@psychoturtle wrote:DN didn't care to fix or at least try to help fix my IP problem after the hack attacks by that Egyptian kid. I can't access it for almost 2 months now from my laptop and since I despise automatic ygo systems, I switched to Hearthstone...now DN lost their images too. This is just such a damn shame, since DN is the best ygo platform that ever came out but the people who run the site (who will not be named) are so careless, selfish and incapable. It's their fault the site is dying.
What's your battle.net?

NO! ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOT

SOME Hearthstone is ok. A lot Hearthstone is fucking cancer.

Neji

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Booked on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:00 am

No worries, it will not happen as long as Anzo is not on drugs..........I think.

DONDABA DENDEN EGAEGAON.

Booked

Administrator
Administrator

Duel Points : 98931
Reputation Points : 45
Pro Decklists : 3
Medallions : 3
Forgotten Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by DMK on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:02 am

@Neji wrote:
@Linda-Senpai wrote:
What's your battle.net?

NO! ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOT

SOME Hearthstone is ok. A lot Hearthstone is fucking cancer.
Did someone say facehunter?

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
pig 

DMK

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Neji on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:03 am

Dude I don't mind any of the cards in HS.

It's more of the pay to win mentality because of the card packs -_-

Neji

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by DMK on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:06 am

Don't forget to mention the pay to play events and the legends that come along with them.

Edit: forgot to mention how much this triggered me when I would look up decks and allot of the key cards were from these events. God damn. -_-

Last edited by DMK on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : TRIGGGGEEEEERRRRRREEEEEDDDDDD)

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
pig 

DMK

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Neji on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:12 am

But you know the game is free to play right? Right????

Neji

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by DMK on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:15 am

Sure, if you want to stay at rank 20. Smile But I mean yeah, completely and utterly free to play.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
pig 

DMK

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda-Senpai on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:42 am

You could manage as a F2P player before any of the expansions. Now it's just dumb and overpriced. Gold is gained way too slow and should not be restricted how much you pain per day. And the Tavern Brawl should give more than 1 pack per week that's retarded.

Achievments in spoiler.
Spoiler:
Won 29+ DA lives
Badass since 2011
Much more.

Linda-Senpai

Survial Master
Survial Master

True Senpai Community Slacker Business man Get me out of here! I got rid of my girlfriend! Topic for you and you and everybody! He was lucky Yo Mama Supreme King GG2EZ Beatdown New hero in town Survival Master Give me your money! Popular Figure

Back to top Go down

Post by DMK on Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:06 am

Lmao, as with any "F2P" game there has to be incentives for players to buy in game items. How else will the Dev's reel in that sweet sweet dinero.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
pig 

DMK

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:51 am

Free to play games are never free to play esentially lol

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Duel Points : 33,550
Pro Decklists : 2
I got rid of my girlfriend! Here to stay I bet it&#39;s cool out there Business man Getting the hang of it Who are you? What&#39;s winning? GG2EZ Innovative He was lucky Never back down! I was not even trying I am 12 and what is this? Community favorite Underdog Rising Popular figure New hero in town! Representative I only got 4 dollars Community slacker

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyAdams on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:45 am

They're "free to play" but "pay to win/be successful" in, pretty much.

#TheKozmoForce

'I know not of any Will, but I have some of that power'

'Take a walk through our garden and smell the Aroma' - >THE< Aromage player of DA

ScottyAdams

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Duel Points : 8125

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda-Senpai on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:58 pm

P2P games are actually cheaper than F2P games lol

Unless it's a game like TERA where you really don't need to pay

Achievments in spoiler.
Spoiler:
Won 29+ DA lives
Badass since 2011
Much more.

Linda-Senpai

Survial Master
Survial Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Neji on Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:49 pm

Or Warframe

Neji

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by psychoturtle on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:58 pm

@Linda-Senpai wrote:
What's your battle.net?

SkilledOne #2743

But I'm EU so we can't play. Also for those who say you need to pay to be under rank 20 at HS, I didn't pay a cent and I reached rank 9 in 8 days since I got my account... LOL

Spoiler:

Archer: really
Archer has gained 1000 life points
! ! ! ! ! ! Aladeen!: eff
Archer: REALLY
Archer: you peice of garbage
Archer: OPEN ALL 3
Archer: you hack
! ! ! ! ! ! Aladeen!: cant spec
Archer: open every single answer you have why don't you

Roach: If turts was any more laid back he would he horizontal

psychoturtle

Society of Light
Society of Light

Duel Points : 99,500
Reputation Points : 48
Medallions : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Frisky Badger on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:41 am

FriskyBadger#1251 on NA get on it nerds

"Do I get the same with my boobs?" -XraishionX, 2013
"I'm a certified expert in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint." -Ezekeil, 2013
"Porn is more fun" -LOKOS, 2013
"Occasionally bisexual" -Kairi, 2013

Frisky Badger

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 70930
Reputation Points : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda-Senpai on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:13 am

Highest ran I've ever been was #5 or w/e the sea giant rank is. I didnt have enough time to get to legend before the end of season QQ

Achievments in spoiler.
Spoiler:
Won 29+ DA lives
Badass since 2011
Much more.

Linda-Senpai

Survial Master
Survial Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DMK on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:05 pm

@psychoturtle wrote:
@Linda-Senpai wrote:
What's your battle.net?

SkilledOne #2743

But I'm EU so we can't play. Also for those who say you need to pay to be under rank 20 at HS, I didn't pay a cent and I reached rank 9 in 8 days since I got my account... LOL
Was just an exaggeration lol.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
pig 

DMK

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Neji on Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:03 am

"How can a man be a pimp without his dick?" - BLS

Neji

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by DMK on Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:56 am

@Neji wrote:"How can a man be a pimp without his dick?"  - BLS

Wise words to live by.   santa

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
pig 

DMK

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzo on Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:49 pm

This suddenly turned into HS nerds gathering.

DA Administrator of the year 2012, 2014 l DA Artist of the Year 2012, 2014, 2015 l ~Lead, follow, or get out the way~

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Duel Points : Plenty
Reputation Points : 349
I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Hi Mom! Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising Give me your money! Community favorite Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!

http://www.duelacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Booked on Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:51 pm

yeah, i wonder y

DONDABA DENDEN EGAEGAON.

Booked

Administrator
Administrator

Duel Points : 98931
Reputation Points : 45
Pro Decklists : 3
Medallions : 3
Forgotten Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackWarGreymon on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:28 pm

Fuck DN
Fuck HS
Fuck everything and you'll achieve inner piece and Nirvana

Chaos Knights

Ex-Ex-Moderator
Ex-Admin
Ex-RealAbdMember
[/color][/center]

BlackWarGreymon

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Duel Points : 28,870
Reputation Points : 143
Here to stay Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Yo Mamma Captain Tryhard He was lucky Underdog Rising Give me your money! Representative Community slacker I got rid of my girlfriend!

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzo on Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:08 pm

fuck you

DA Administrator of the year 2012, 2014 l DA Artist of the Year 2012, 2014, 2015 l ~Lead, follow, or get out the way~

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Duel Points : Plenty
Reputation Points : 349
I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Hi Mom! Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising Give me your money! Community favorite Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!

http://www.duelacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top