Latest topics
So i remembered ygo existsYesterday at 9:14 pmEfaneIts Yah boiYesterday at 8:31 pmWondeRyDA's Clash/War TeamYesterday at 8:30 pmWondeRyYea hi im here again apparently.Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:25 pmYAMI MOTO#1[FINISH] Battle Pack Tournament!Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:51 amWondeRyQuestion about a rulingThu Jul 05, 2018 6:17 pmPatrick92Duel Links Tournament #3 HighlanderRulesThu Jul 05, 2018 1:48 pmCutieLucie83TunersWed Jul 04, 2018 6:36 amkyosuke kiryu Infernoid deckSat Jun 30, 2018 5:19 ammethosDeck Master Tournament #3Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:03 amWafflez
Discord

Go down

What type of game would you like to see next?

0 - 0%
6 - 100%

Total Votes: 6
Linda-Senpai
Survial Master
Survial Master
Reputation Points : 118
True Senpai Community Slacker Business man Get me out of here! I got rid of my girlfriend! Topic for you and you and everybody! He was lucky Yo Mama Supreme King GG2EZ Beatdown New hero in town Survival Master Give me your money! Popular Figure

DA Wolf Mafia #3 (Town Wins again!)

on Mon May 30, 2016 10:15 pm
First topic message reminder :

DA Wolf Mafia #3: Sign Ups

What is 'Wolf' Mafia?

Spoiler:

Wolf Mafia is a more simple setup of the game Mafia, and Mafia is a game of Town vs Mafia. When the game starts, each player is given a randomized role of either 'Town', 'Mafia' or 'Wolf'. The Wolf is not aligned with anyone but himself/herself, and their win condition is to be the last one standing. The Mafia are the 'bad guys'. They know who each other are and at night communicate with each other in their Night Chat. During this night phase, they must communicate with each other to come on a conclusion on who they should kill that night (they can only kill one person per night), and if they can't come to a conclusion, the Godfather has the final say. The Town are the 'Good Guys'. Mafia wins once there is an equal number of Town and Mafia left alive. They don't know who each other are and have to discuss and logically deduce who the Mafia and Wolf are, then vote to lynch them. You lynch by typing /vote insert name here in your post. In order for a lynch to be locked, 50% of the players alive must have voted for the same person (example: if theres 8 people, its 4 votes to lock the lynch) If players want the day phase to end sooner, they may also do a /vote skipday to end the day sooner. It will need the same amount of votes to lock as a lynch.

The game is split into two phases: Day and Night. The Day Phase is when the players discuss everything that happened the previous night and try to decide who to lynch (when a player is lynched, they are killed and eliminated from the game. Their role is revealed at the end of the day). At the start of the day phase, whoever was killed the previous night is revealed. During the Night Phase, discussing in the day chat (which is simply posting in the thread) is illegal and if you do this you will be in trouble. The Night phase is when the Mafia decide who to kill, and other roles with Night Actions PM the host (me) saying what they will be doing. Example, the Wolf would PM and say they want to kill insert name here while the Sheriff would PM me and say investigate 'insert name here'. 

NOTE: You are NOT allowed to provide proof of your identity (example: copying the PM where your role was sent out or taking a screenshot). This is cheating and you will be disqualified if you do this.

ANOTHER NOTE: EDITING YOUR POSTS FOR WHATEVER REASON IS CHEATING. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS. IF YOU WANT TO ADD ONTO SOMETHING YOU SAID, YOU ARE ALLOWED TO DOUBLE POST, BUT NEVER EDIT.

ANOTHER NOTE: PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DISCUSS AN ON-GOING GAME OUTSIDE OF THE THREAD ITSELF. REPEATED OFFENSES WILL RESULT IN BEING MODKILLED (REMOVED FROM THE GAME BY ME) AND POTENTIALLY EVEN BANNED FROM FUTURE GAMES.

ALSO: IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE ACTIVE ENOUGH TO SUBMIT YOUR NIGHT ACTION EVERY NIGHT AND POST IN THE DAY CHAT AT LEAST THREE TIMES A DAY, YOU SHOULDN'T SIGN UP!

The game is setup in this order, depending on how many sign ups I get:

Townsfolk
Townsfolk
Doctor
Sheriff

Mafioso
Godfather

Wolf

Roles

IMPORTANT NOTE: THE DOCTOR HAS BEEN NERFED! THE DOCTOR MAY NO LONGER SELF-HEAL!

Spoiler:

Town

Townsfolk
The townsfolk is the most common role in the game. They have no night action.

Sheriff
The Sheriff is a special town role. At night, the Sheriff may choose to investigate someone. If they are Town, they will show up as Town. If they are Mafia, they will show up as Mafia, unless they are Godfather, where will show up as Town. An investigated player is not notified that they were investigated.

Doctor
The Doctor is the second special town role. At night, the Doctor may choose a player to protect at night (EXCEPT HIMSELF/HERSELF!). If that player were to have been killed by Wolf or Mafia, they will survive. If that player were targeted by both Wolf and Mafia, whichever kill was submitted first will be saved by the Doctor, but the second kill will go through. If a player is targeted by the Doctor but no one attempted to kill them, they will not be notified. If a player is targeted by the Doctor and someone did attempt to kill them, they will be notified that they were healed by the Doctor.

Mafia

Godfather
The Godfather is the boss of the Mafia. If the Godfather is investigated by the Sheriff, they will show up as Town. The Godfather has the final say on who the mafia kills at night, and who does the killing. Only one Mafia role may kill at night.

Mafioso

The Mafioso is the most common Mafia role. They have no Night Action asides from talking in the Night Chat and killing.

Wolves

Wolf
The Wolf fights solo. Every night he may choose someone to kill. If the Wolf is the only one left standing, or if it's just the Wolf and one other person left alive, the Wolf wins.

BEFORE SIGNING UP, PLEASE ASK YOURSELF "Do I have enough time to actively post during the day phase, at least three times a day, and submit my night action ever night?" If the answer is no, you might want to sit this game out or sign up as a reserve.

1. CrimsonOverlord
2. DanelerH
3. Lux
4. JC the shadow hunter
5. faervel
6. SilentKatana
7. hazmah
8. drunkion
Reserves:

To sign up, simply say "in".

7 is the bare minimum of players I will take for the game, but I will take any number of people for the game above 7. Signups are open until Sunday.

Prizes:

Members of the winning faction will receive 1500 DP each. (You do not have to be alive at the end of the game to win unless you're the Wolf).

Last edited by Linda-Senpai on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:28 pm; edited 12 times in total

Achievments in spoiler.
Spoiler:
DA League S2, S9, and S11 winner
Chronos Survival Cup 3 Winner. TBUT2 and TBUT3 winner.
Won 29+ DA lives
DA Lives season 0, and season 1 winner.
Won more DA lives than anyone else. Alot more.
Supreme queen of May 2012, April-May 2013, and May 2014.
Three time Survival Master
My current DA record: Wins:451 Lost: 81 Draws: 6
Former Teacher and Assistant. Former Moderator.
First to ever reach the Abandoned Dark League
Moderator of the year 2013.
DA Regionals 2012 and 2013 top 4
Badass since 2011
First to ever pass the Slifer Exam, with a score of 34/35.
Much more.

hazmah
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Reputation Points : -3

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #3 (Town Wins again!)

on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:03 pm
/Lycnh Lux

/Skipday

Yes, I am a dickhead.
DanelerH
Level 3 Ra
Level 3 Ra
Reputation Points : 7

on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:24 pm
/lynch Lux
/skipday
Drunkion
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Reputation Points : 3
What is life? Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Innovative New hero in town! Supreme King Give me your money! Community slacker Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend! Battle Pack Tournament 2nd Place Winner

on Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:24 am
/lynch lux 

I TOTALLY WON DIS GUIZ

¡
Linda-Senpai
Survial Master
Survial Master
True Senpai Community Slacker Business man Get me out of here! I got rid of my girlfriend! Topic for you and you and everybody! He was lucky Yo Mama Supreme King GG2EZ Beatdown New hero in town Survival Master Give me your money! Popular Figure

on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:08 am
LUX HAS BEEN LYNCHED! HE WAS THE WOLF! GAME HAS ENDED! TOWN WINS! DP IS BEING AWARDED

Full role list: 
Townsfolk - hazmah
Townsfolk - faervel
Townsfolk - DanelerH
Doctor - Drunkion
Sheriff - CrimsonOverlord

Godfather - SilentKatana
Mafioso - JC the Shadow Hunter 

Wolf - Lux

Host Review

I don't understand why the Wolf has never attacked Night 1 so far, but I haven't said anything about it until now because I wanted you guys to realize how silly that is on your own. The Wolf needs to get a kill in every single night if they wish to win. 

Another thing: I believe the Godfather needs a buff. In addition to showing up as Town when investigated by Sheriff, I think he should also be immune to getting killed at Night, meaning he will live if targeted by the Wolf. Leave your opinions on this buff here.

Achievments in spoiler.
Spoiler:
Won 29+ DA lives
Badass since 2011
Much more.

DanelerH
Level 3 Ra
Level 3 Ra

on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:40 am
I've also wondered why the Wolf never attacks on Night 1.  I don't understand the point of that idea.  On the topic of the buff, the Mafia definitely need something to put the odds more in their favor.  I think that it's something that could at least be tried.  If nobody likes it, it can just be removed later.
CrimsonOverlord
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Reputation Points : 30
I got rid of my girlfriend! Here to stay I bet it's cool out there Business man Getting the hang of it Who are you? What's winning? GG2EZ Innovative He was lucky Never back down! I was not even trying I am 12 and what is this? Community favorite Underdog Rising Popular figure New hero in town! Representative I only got 4 dollars Community slacker

on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:24 am
Getting targeted by wolf at night as a godfather scared me, but if we have that buff then the wolf might miss a target? Idk

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS
Lux
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Reputation Points : 23
Get me out of here Here to stay This is not hard I am 12 and what is this? Who are you? Give me your money! What's winning? Community favorite He was lucky Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend! Representative

on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:37 am
I didn't attack because it's what Wolf's been doing past rounds and because of probably my inexperience in the game. 

And I don't like that buff, unless you make it vice-versa, if wolf is targeted by the mafia he survives.

"So we are staying in this mess, this beautiful mess tonight"
Why so serious? :3 
faervel
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Reputation Points : 16
What is life? Give me your money! Getting the hang of it Community favorite Who are you? Popular figure What's winning? Representative He was lucky Community slacker I was not even trying I got rid of my girlfriend! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising

on Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:28 pm
Main reason I avoided it was cause I didn't know game would go on if mafia's dead to be honest that's why I went for a kill in my 2nd game(so I wonder where that "never" comes from....)
And I like a buff to the mafia;Just not sure if that's the one buff I want(being immune is kinda broken...maybe a vest thingy?Or a 2nd mafia role?)

Also one thing I'd like to mention is that I don't see the mafia as an underpowered role at all!It's just that our mafia's been slipping up a lot and no one till now has even tried to counter claim a power role(specially sheriff) I mean yeaaaah death'd be guaranteed next day but a mislynch is just so bad on town side if they manage to convince the others that they are the sheriff and it can instantly win game for mafia...

jjh927:sacker -_-

Amy Kool:
[05:06:21] @ Amy Kool : kaiba talks about screwing the rules but yugi actually does the shit

Achivements:
Survival Tourney second place-12/1/2013
Deck Master Lord tourney second place
DA's underdog of the year-2013
DA world cup 2nd place 8/25/2014
hazmah
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:07 pm
Why are you all considering buffing all these roles? Have you not looked at how broken this game is for the bad guys?
The ratio is 5-2-1.
There is a 57% chance for 2 towns to die N1 (Yes, my math was different before). That's already very detrimental for town. 

Imo Wolf should be taken out, but eh you might just keep it cos funz.

Edit: This also isn't the case of wolf rnging the scum and killing them all. I figured out everyone and that is how this came to be.

Yes, I am a dickhead.
Lux
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Get me out of here Here to stay This is not hard I am 12 and what is this? Who are you? Give me your money! What's winning? Community favorite He was lucky Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend! Representative

on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:15 pm
Linda, please start new one tonight. Besides mafia helps so much for forum activity.

Linda-Senpai
Survial Master
Survial Master

on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:26 pm
@Lux wrote:Linda, please start new one tonight. Besides mafia helps so much for forum activity.
Need to figure out what type of game next one will be. Should it be another Wolf Mafia game? Or should this be the last Wolf Mafia game I host (since the intention of Wolf Mafia was to introduce everyone to the basics, and it's been 3 games already), and instead host a "Mini Mafia" game, which would have way more roles but still a small amount of players since we don't have the activity for a huge game (I've played games as big as 30 people). I'll put it to a poll and let you guys decide. 

Also @hazmah main reason I considered buffing Godfather is bc I was reading back on some of the games I played on Marriland and I realized that their Godfather was immune to being killed at Night except by a role called the Jailer, but that's Marriland Mafia and this is DA Mafia, so.

Last edited by Linda-Senpai on Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Achievments in spoiler.
Spoiler:
Won 29+ DA lives
Badass since 2011
Much more.

Lux
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:39 pm
I  have voted for Mini mafia, if it does turn bad I guess we can switch back to Wolf Mafia.

Lux
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

on Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:54 pm
I have been studying the game for a bit and I found out about some very interesting roles:

The traitor - A town player who works for mafia interests but appears as a town and can win only by a mafia win.

The Miller - innocent one but appears as mafia if investigated.

The Woodcutter - They can kill one person of their choice when they die.

Rabble Rouser - When alive, there are two lynchs every day.

Doublevoter - His vote counts twice 

Village drunk - additional role, must speak unclear and Gibberish.

The Dentist - during the night he picks a player and the player must remain silent during the next day. Other players would be notified that someone got shut down.

The Witch - She's shown during the night who will die and can choose to save them (can be used only once)

Village idiot - must convince town to kill them

There are more but I don't want to write them now.

DanelerH
Level 3 Ra
Level 3 Ra

on Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:22 pm
@Lux wrote:I have been studying the game for a bit and I found out about some very interesting roles:

The traitor - A town player who works for mafia interests but appears as a town and can win only by a mafia win.

The Dentist - during the night he picks a player and the player must remain silent during the next day. Other players would be notified that someone got shut down.

The Witch - She's shown during the night who will die and can choose to save them (can be used only once)

The Traitor, Miller, and Woodcutter seem interesting, but I don't think our group could have all of them, even if we get a couple of extra people.

We definitely don't need the Rabble Rouser, since it's only a small group.

The Doublevoter could be good if we get an AFK player, but it would be even more interesting if it was a dual-option, so the Mafia could also have it.  The Dentist could be another interesting dual-option.

If we had the Witch, we would probably have to get rid of the Doctor, but I think the Witch should be able to save xemself since it's only once per game.

I would love to be either the Village Drunk or the Village Idiot.
Lux
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

on Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:26 pm
Yes of course - we don't need all of them in one game lol. These were just examples, one or two more roles should do.

DanelerH
Level 3 Ra
Level 3 Ra

on Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:40 pm
Something else that could be interesting is if we didn't know what roles were in the current game.  Instead, we just knew the potential ones.  For example, all of these roles would be listed in the opening post of game 4, but the only roles we use that game are Sheriff, Witch, Woodcutter, Idiot, Traitor, Godfather, and Mafioso Doublevoter.  The only roles we would know exist are our own and the Godfather could know that the Mafioso is a Doublevoter.
Lux
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

on Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:09 pm
Hmm, interesting.

hazmah
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

on Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:52 pm
@DanelerH wrote:Something else that could be interesting is if we didn't know what roles were in the current game.  Instead, we just knew the potential ones.  For example, all of these roles would be listed in the opening post of game 4, but the only roles we use that game are Sheriff, Witch, Woodcutter, Idiot, Traitor, Godfather, and Mafioso Doublevoter.  The only roles we would know exist are our own and the Godfather could know that the Mafioso is a Doublevoter.
So basically a hidden role game?

Yes, I am a dickhead.
DanelerH
Level 3 Ra
Level 3 Ra

on Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:54 pm
@hazmah wrote:
@DanelerH wrote:Something else that could be interesting is if we didn't know what roles were in the current game.  Instead, we just knew the potential ones.  For example, all of these roles would be listed in the opening post of game 4, but the only roles we use that game are Sheriff, Witch, Woodcutter, Idiot, Traitor, Godfather, and Mafioso Doublevoter.  The only roles we would know exist are our own and the Godfather could know that the Mafioso is a Doublevoter.
So basically a hidden role game?
Yeah, basically.  I think it would make things really interesting.
faervel
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Reputation Points : 16
What is life? Give me your money! Getting the hang of it Community favorite Who are you? Popular figure What's winning? Representative He was lucky Community slacker I was not even trying I got rid of my girlfriend! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising

on Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:11 pm
The game actually WAS like that back when Linda hosted them like..2years ago.
And honestly it went pretty good.

jjh927:sacker -_-

Amy Kool:
[05:06:21] @ Amy Kool : kaiba talks about screwing the rules but yugi actually does the shit

Achivements:
Survival Tourney second place-12/1/2013
Deck Master Lord tourney second place
DA's underdog of the year-2013
DA world cup 2nd place 8/25/2014
Linda-Senpai
Survial Master
Survial Master

on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:57 pm
That's how Mafia is supposed to be tho. The only roles guaranteed to be in every game are Townsfolk, Sheriff, Doctor, and Godfather.

Achievments in spoiler.
Spoiler:
Won 29+ DA lives
Badass since 2011
Much more.

DanelerH
Level 3 Ra
Level 3 Ra

on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:24 pm
@Linda-Senpai wrote:
That's how Mafia is supposed to be tho. The only roles guaranteed to be in every game are Townsfolk, Sheriff, Doctor, and Godfather.
Oh. Well, I guess that just shows how little I know about Mafia.  I still think we shouldn't have a Doctor if we have a Witch, though.
Lux
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:31 pm
Why? Their roles are quite different.

Linda-Senpai
Survial Master
Survial Master

on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:58 pm
@Lux wrote:I have been studying the game for a bit and I found out about some very interesting roles:

The only one of those roles I like is The Traitor. And the Witch that I know is an Evil Neutral that fucks around with who people target at night.

Achievments in spoiler.
Spoiler:
Won 29+ DA lives
Badass since 2011
Much more.

hazmah
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:02 pm
I actually really hate the traitor. It's basically a mafia who shows up as town.

Yes, I am a dickhead.
Linda-Senpai
Survial Master
Survial Master

on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:12 pm
I will start Mini Mafia with the roles I used in the Mafia games I hosted here before. I just need to find them.

Achievments in spoiler.
Spoiler:
Won 29+ DA lives
Badass since 2011
Much more.

Lux
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

on Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:13 am
Well that was just example but I hope for more roles.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum