What do we use to duel?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What do we use to duel?

Post by Centrik on Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:10 am

Well I decided to get in DN again but seems like it's closed. I asked three admins in DA's chatbox but every ignored me so I'll just make a topic here.

What are we using? DevPro again?

Now I'm feeling like a total beginner.

If everyone is unique, then would uniqueness become normal?

Centrik

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Duel Points : 13,265
Reputation Points : 214
Pro Decklists : 0
Medallions : 1
I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Yo Mamma GG2EZ The Worthy! Lazy Slacker Give me your money! Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!

Back to top Go down

Re: What do we use to duel?

Post by Pepchoninga on Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:42 am

I will gladly help you dear member ^^ (Hehehe welp) 

DN was closed by a company associated with Konami for legal issues. After that DA desided via a poll that YGOpro will be our main dueling platform. 

You can find the download for the platform (wich is just a file that you will have to unzip with programs like 7-zip or WinRar and then depending on wich version you downloaded (With pic or without) you will have to manually download all the card pictures from within the application) here: http://www.duelacademy.net/t48137-update-new-default-platform

On your kneez before the all mighty GOD OF GODS ^^

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

CUSTOM RANK The God of Gods

Duel Points : 21845
Reputation Points : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:21 pm

Those who duel use YGOPro (though some members even use DevPro). Last night there was many duels happening, surprisingly!

"So we are staying in this mess, this beautiful mess tonight"
Why so serious? :3 

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Duel Points : 1510
Reputation Points : 23
Get me out of here Here to stay This is not hard I am 12 and what is this? Who are you? Give me your money! What's winning? Community favorite He was lucky Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend! Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:37 pm

Well that is great, maybe we can actually get back a little community of dueling going. 

Why do they always gotta duel at night ffs Sad 

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzo on Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:05 pm

Mainly YGOPro, others prefer DevPro. Both have their own respective pros and cons.

DA Administrator of the year 2012, 2014 l DA Artist of the Year 2012, 2014, 2015 l ~Lead, follow, or get out the way~

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Duel Points : Plenty
Reputation Points : 349
I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Hi Mom! Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising Give me your money! Community favorite Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!

http://www.duelacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:19 pm

Only thing that YGOpro has over DevPro for me, is that it's easier to get welp  

Also @Anzo did i give you permission of calling yourself King of Kings? Razz (I want you to make me a signature tho, they are so good :*) 

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzo on Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:33 pm

Why would a King ask for peasant's permission

+ Hit me up with a render, I'll see what I can do.

DA Administrator of the year 2012, 2014 l DA Artist of the Year 2012, 2014, 2015 l ~Lead, follow, or get out the way~

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Hi Mom! Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising Give me your money! Community favorite Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!

Back to top Go down

Post by Centrik on Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:50 pm

What's the difference between YGOPro and DevPro?

Also pin that topic so new members can see.

http://www.duelacademy.net/t48137-update-new-default-platform

Centrik

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Yo Mamma GG2EZ The Worthy! Lazy Slacker Give me your money! Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:15 pm

I've been saying that since i came here...nobody listens...

So the differences are mainly that DevPro has a bit more modes to play around with. They are not really anything that you would miss in YGOpro tho. 

DevPro has large customization settings which are not in YGOpro (You can chose the picture for your sleeves and your background and other minor things. 

There is also a better interaction system in DevPro then there is in YGOpro.

Those things make DevPro a larger application then YGOpro and in turn - requires installation. 

The pros that YGOpro has over DevPro is that it's a much simplier application that has the simple goal of allowing players to duel. It has a very easy interface to navigate, a clean and well working set-up and most importantly - a great automated duel experience. 

YGOpro's staff is also much better and give updates almost daily. They add in new cards just a couple of hours after they are leaked online and update banlists minutes after they are released. 

In my personal use of both programs over the year I have found that YGOpro crashes much much less than DevPro, even tho this is not the same for many people.

Overall I think that while the customization and interaction on DevPro is fun, the superior dueling experience comes from YGOpro. Also the easy way to get it is also a big plus.

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:20 pm

Sorry for the double post, but i didn't wanna mix the 2 things Razz Also...spam

@Anzo here are 2 renders I would like to have on a signature, you deside which is better:
1. http://orig12.deviantart.net/4e88/f/2015/311/1/9/seven_knights_render_by_bloomsama-d9fuhmv.png
2. http://sia1.subirimagenes.net/img/2015/04/23/150423024956271552.png

If you ever have time for it I would be very grateful Wink (Also for text I would have The God of Gods Razz

As for the other thing, If you have been living under a rock, I'm the ALL MIGHTY GOD OF GODS ^^ So if you wanna be the King of Kings you have to ask meh 

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:14 pm

on YGOpro, Swap Frog works the way it should work. Really that's all the motivation I need to switch.

Edit: Not true, hella salty. I guess I'ma just believe that it's ruling that says that you can only bounce Swap Frog to your hand once during your turn.

Last edited by Dazo on Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Alisae

Society of Light
Society of Light

Duel Points : 11650
Reputation Points : 1
Medallions : 2
Duelist Kingdom Finalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:34 pm

Hehehe, that's mah boy Razz (Bot to be exact...) 

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:29 pm

Devpro lags like mad and is for filthy zcrubs. Ygopro gets every card the second it is leaked and auto updates. Tag duels,anime duels anything u want in the best package

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Duel Points : 33,550
Reputation Points : 30
Pro Decklists : 2
I got rid of my girlfriend! Here to stay I bet it's cool out there Business man Getting the hang of it Who are you? What's winning? GG2EZ Innovative He was lucky Never back down! I was not even trying I am 12 and what is this? Community favorite Underdog Rising Popular figure New hero in town! Representative I only got 4 dollars Community slacker

Back to top Go down

Post by DDS on Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:06 am

Someone, find a working ygopro package for linux systems so I can try playing again!...lolz

Explore your boundaries! Open your mind... A new Land of Fantasy awaits!

DDS

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 42,185

+ Full Right to make fun of CrimsonOverlord
Reputation Points : 84
Pro Decklists : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Centrik on Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:19 am

@Pepchoninga wrote:I've been saying that since i came here...nobody listens...

Bro I came back after you had joined here for a while.

Thanks though.

Centrik

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzo on Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:11 am

@DDS wrote:Someone, find a working ygopro package for linux systems so I can try playing again!...lolz

Why do you even use Linux

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Centrik on Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:30 am

He code shjts.

By the way lock this thread soon or this will be a new spamming thread.

Centrik

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:54 am

For now we are on topic, I don't think there is a need. 

Also let's be honest here, Linux is like a homeless man in New York...nobody gives a shit about it (Is short people are racist to Linux) 

Well you know me @Centrik, I love helping out Razz 

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by DDS on Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:38 pm

@Anzo wrote:
@DDS wrote:Someone, find a working ygopro package for linux systems so I can try playing again!...lolz

Why do you even use Linux

Various reasons.

1) First and most importantly it is used commonly used for servers and other industrial machines for development purposes. As an IT support worker I feel like I can't afford to go without a basic knowledge of Linux systems.

2) From a technical standpoint, it's extremely simple and customisable. Unlike Apple systems which are infamous for their incompatibility and limitations, Windows is not much better with that regard. 

3) Relating to point 2, Linux variants are extremely budget friendly. Not only is the operating system itself freeware but, it does not do not require much hardware power to run optimally. You could run it on a machine with specs from the turn of the millennium. 

4) It is a streamlined kernel designed to handle multi-tasking and multiple functions with minimal performance issues. In the months I've had my Ubuntu machine it has not crashed, lagged or stalled on me once. If only could say the same things with Apple/Windows products I've had to deal with during that timeframe.

TL DR > Because I'm a nerd. 

However, there are some exclusive programs that cannot be run on a Linux system. I mean I could dual boot my laptop for those exclusives should I need to. But I really don't want to do that. Which is why I am asking for a native linux build for ygopro.

Explore your boundaries! Open your mind... A new Land of Fantasy awaits!

DDS

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 42,185

+ Full Right to make fun of CrimsonOverlord
Reputation Points : 84
Pro Decklists : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzo on Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:17 pm

If it's something that has to do with your work then i can't argue any further. I myself have no biases towards any operating system. I like Windows cause it has many programs and games that supports it, though I feel limited when using iMAC/OS X or Linux.

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:39 pm

Sadly ygopro isnt for linux as far as i know. Guess dual booting is a must for you dds kun >.<

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

I got rid of my girlfriend! Here to stay I bet it&#39;s cool out there Business man Getting the hang of it Who are you? What&#39;s winning? GG2EZ Innovative He was lucky Never back down! I was not even trying I am 12 and what is this? Community favorite Underdog Rising Popular figure New hero in town! Representative I only got 4 dollars Community slacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jv on Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Jv

Administrator
Administrator

Duel Points : 500,000
Reputation Points : 58
Pro Decklists : 12
Medallions : 13
King Of Games

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:43 pm

Oh fk since when?! (Lowkey wanted to make dds change into windows) also someone post a thread announcing ygopro as the main system and providing links......again lol

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

I got rid of my girlfriend! Here to stay I bet it&#39;s cool out there Business man Getting the hang of it Who are you? What&#39;s winning? GG2EZ Innovative He was lucky Never back down! I was not even trying I am 12 and what is this? Community favorite Underdog Rising Popular figure New hero in town! Representative I only got 4 dollars Community slacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:02 pm

Yeah that would be good, also make it so everybody can access it easily.

@Anzo 

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzo on Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:49 pm

A what, a discord channel?

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:17 pm

A discord chat. It's a website you use to create group chats...

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzo on Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:44 pm

I know, I've used it before. But, I don't see why we need one.

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:51 pm

You don't want to have WhatsApp/Discord/Skype chats. It would reduce the activity of DA's chat.

"So we are staying in this mess, this beautiful mess tonight"
Why so serious? :3 

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Duel Points : 1510
Reputation Points : 23
Get me out of here Here to stay This is not hard I am 12 and what is this? Who are you? Give me your money! What&#39;s winning? Community favorite He was lucky Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend! Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:33 pm

Yeah good point. They are helpful in some situations tho...

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzo on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:53 am

We could have one, but again we'll be splitting our members into two groups; some would use DA Chat and others would use Discord, that's an inefficient way of managing users. Even if we remove DA Chat and put only Discord I'll have to edit the Index to put it there, which is a lot of work and will mess many things around it. AND, it'll only be visible from the index.

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top