Help me decide what to play.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help me decide what to play.

Post by DDS on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:17 am

As the title implies, I've been out of action for quite a while I have no idea what decks are even playable in today's format.

I'm looking for a deck with complexity and high combo dependency.

As I have zero knowledge of the format and limited knowledge of the cardbase I'm going to need some assistance in finding some decks to solitaire with try out.

Some of my old favourites include: Dark Synchro, Diamond Dude Turbo, Infernity, Mermail and Plant variants.

With that in mind, give me some recomendations.

Explore your boundaries! Open your mind... A new Land of Fantasy awaits!

DDS

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 42,185

+ Full Right to make fun of CrimsonOverlord
Reputation Points : 84
Pro Decklists : 4
Medallions : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Help me decide what to play.

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:47 am

Abc is what is topping right now. Destiny heroes with tzolkin arent bad either and quite combo heavy. Blue eyes, dark magician are good decks too. Cuz of kozmo and monarchs getting hit, anything can top now really, its just abc thats ridicilous

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Duel Points : 33,550
Reputation Points : 30
Pro Decklists : 2
I got rid of my girlfriend! Here to stay I bet it's cool out there Business man Getting the hang of it Who are you? What's winning? GG2EZ Innovative He was lucky Never back down! I was not even trying I am 12 and what is this? Community favorite Underdog Rising Popular figure New hero in town! Representative I only got 4 dollars Community slacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:33 pm

Saying that is a bit missleading Crimsy.

While ABC are probably one of the top decks in the OCG, they are not completely overpowered and have many flaws.They CAN also be used in various high-combo based decks to make the deck both more balanced, more fun and more versatile.

A deck that is the biggest contender for top deck in OCG (And soon in TCG as well) is D/Ds. The deck is very high-combo based and requires great bit of knowledge and skill. With the addition of 3 Allure of Darkness it can definitely out speed ABC's and have probably the best match-up against them.

Heroes in general will be big contenders for tier 1 in TCG after  the release of the very powerful Treatoad. A first turn Dark Law with a Treatoad and a Solemn Strike is a combo that just screams GG. Destiny hero with Tzolkin is also a very powerful build that utilizes the new Destiny Hero support as well as the very common nowadays Resonator engine. It is a pretty straight forward deck, that really has one main combo, that can be achieved in many ways.

Tho looking from the decks you say you enjoy most I would probably say that the new Shiranui/Dark Synchro deck is the best for you. It's the deck that @Drunkion is currently maining if I'm not mistaken, so he might be able to tell you more about it. From what I know, the deck is extremely combo basedrequires you to think a lot and make uncrackable fields that are basically anti-everything.

Last edited by Pepchoninga on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

On your kneez before the all mighty GOD OF GODS ^^

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

CUSTOM RANK The God of Gods

Duel Points : 21845
Reputation Points : 55
Pro Decklists : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:24 pm

Forgot about ddds but i dont find em as threatening tbh, blue eyes and abc shit on them. Heroes will be tier 0 tier lmao when treatoad comes out,ugh more cancer basically ;---; heroes arent meant to be played this cruelly!

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

I got rid of my girlfriend! Here to stay I bet it's cool out there Business man Getting the hang of it Who are you? What's winning? GG2EZ Innovative He was lucky Never back down! I was not even trying I am 12 and what is this? Community favorite Underdog Rising Popular figure New hero in town! Representative I only got 4 dollars Community slacker

Back to top Go down

Post by DDS on Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:11 am

Appreciate the input, where's the best place to find deck builds these days?

Just so I have some reference point as to what 'standard builds' look like nowadays.

Explore your boundaries! Open your mind... A new Land of Fantasy awaits!

DDS

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 42,185

+ Full Right to make fun of CrimsonOverlord
Reputation Points : 84
Pro Decklists : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:18 am

Youtube helps, ygoorganization as well as it posts decklists of what is topping or deck ideas.

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:28 pm

Youtube has most of the decks you will need. 

Glasgow covers most decks that top. 

AznEyes does all the cool deck ideas.

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyAdams on Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:53 pm

I see 2 perfectly playable decks on that list (Mermails and Dark Synchro) on that list there. Let's not forget: Mermails can easily use Tretoad as well (I mean, they already use Bahamut, so it's really only 1-2 spaces they needa put in, depending on how many tretoad's you wanna run). Merms can also be built to either go 1st or 2nd, depending on how you wish to run them. D/D/D's are another combo-oriented deck that takes a lot of thinking to play to its optimum.

DO NOT WATCH AznEyes btw, especially if you want competitive Yugioh lol. Lithium2300 gives you everything, including OCG data/results and all types of decks, both competitive and casually oriented.

#TheKozmoForce

'I know not of any Will, but I have some of that power'

'Take a walk through our garden and smell the Aroma' - >THE< Aromage player of DA

ScottyAdams

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Duel Points : 8125
Reputation Points : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:43 pm

Anzeyes is a fun dude though just for the memes

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

I got rid of my girlfriend! Here to stay I bet it&#39;s cool out there Business man Getting the hang of it Who are you? What&#39;s winning? GG2EZ Innovative He was lucky Never back down! I was not even trying I am 12 and what is this? Community favorite Underdog Rising Popular figure New hero in town! Representative I only got 4 dollars Community slacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunkion on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:07 pm

Hey DDS-CHAN, right now TCG is in one of the best formats we have seen in a long time, with no dominant deck over others its just a big meta where top 32 regionals include more than 20 different decks Here are some of my personal most fun decks to play:

Dark syncrho: High skillcap into more plays and more ways to react, its a fun deck becouse its definetely not straight foward.

Shiranui Zombies syncrho: My main atm, Abusing omega and shiranui shenanigans with banish this deck can get out some mad fields, my best atm is 2 omegas, one void ogre with no cards in hand and a abyss dweller, 

Lighstworn: Pretty strong atm thanks to a card that i also play in shiranuis: Fairy tail snow

Mermails: Still pretty good

Buster blader: its actually legit lol, also there's a version with shaddols.

ba pk and blue eyes: Both this decks could be called the "meta" of the format, but thanks to side decks their power over other decks is minimum since picking a meta deck makes you directly vulnerable to staple side decks against them.

Madolche: Its actually legit, since gold sarc is at 3 now, you can go for a combo with speedroids basically banishing jelly summoning leviair and got a jelly without using your normal summon yet, pretty crazy

¡

Drunkion

Society of Light
Society of Light

Duel Points : 40,370
Reputation Points : 3
Medallions : 4
What is life? Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Innovative New hero in town! Supreme King Give me your money! Community slacker Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend!

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyAdams on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:16 pm

Sorry, what? "Buster Blader" and "good" do not go together, at all. There's also Cyber Angel Herald (well, Herald with Benten) which is actually legit as heck lmao.

#TheKozmoForce

'Take a walk through our garden and smell the Aroma' - >THE< Aromage player of DA

ScottyAdams

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:21 pm

Lawl, buster blader is shite...

Heroes are pretty damn strong as well. 

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunkion on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:46 pm

@ScottyAdams wrote:Sorry, what? "Buster Blader" and "good" do not go together, at all. There's also Cyber Angel Herald (well, Herald with Benten) which is actually legit as heck lmao.

Buster blader shaddol and buster blader blue eyes and pure buster blader make 3 tops, top 20 and blue eyes buster top 16

¡

Drunkion

Society of Light
Society of Light

What is life? Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Innovative New hero in town! Supreme King Give me your money! Community slacker Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:15 pm

Welp maybe, but deck seems too inconsistent.

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:23 pm

Buster blader is consistent and a very good deck to run this format, you just aint building it well lel

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

I got rid of my girlfriend! Here to stay I bet it&#39;s cool out there Business man Getting the hang of it Who are you? What&#39;s winning? GG2EZ Innovative He was lucky Never back down! I was not even trying I am 12 and what is this? Community favorite Underdog Rising Popular figure New hero in town! Representative I only got 4 dollars Community slacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:28 pm

I just haven't even attempted at doing so Razz 

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyAdams on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:52 am

Buster blader/Bricker is a free win lmao. Deck's not good ... at all.

#TheKozmoForce

ScottyAdams

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunkion on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:06 am

It is good, not super strong, but since there's no super strong deck right now it can performgood

¡

Drunkion

Society of Light
Society of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:12 am

Lawl, saying there is not strong decks is not true. Pendulum decks are topping LLSD all around. Dark synchros as well. There are very vig amount of good decks. 

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyAdams on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:56 am

If we play along and say Blader is decent, it sure as heck ain't because of the deck itself. It's because it actually has a good BEWD math up; BEWD are the most represented deck this format. By that vein, Evilswarm (or rather, Ophion) is good this format lol. I mean, if you're convinced your locals will be filled with BEWD, take them. 

I'm maining Noids, which are actually a VERY good pick this format --- good match ups around the board (well, minus Kozmos anyway) and a deck that can make waves.

#TheKozmoForce

ScottyAdams

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunkion on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:33 pm

Ok you got me all wrong pep i didnt say there were no good decks, i said there no DOMINANT decks, dominant decks are decks that stand above every other deck, like scotty said in this case is BEWD But since they arent THAT much stronger that other decks, picking them is risk at the same time becouse most side decks are prepared for BEWD so what i mean is this

TIER 0: Nothing
TIER 1: BEWD
Tier 1.5: EVERYTHING

¡

Drunkion

Society of Light
Society of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyAdams on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:12 pm

LOL, not everything is tier 1.5.

#TheKozmoForce

ScottyAdams

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:23 pm

You all don't know ygo smh. Crystal beast infinity turbo is tier 0

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyAdams on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:53 pm

I'm literally only paying attention to the game again because my friend and I do theorycrafting together. Mainly for their D/D/Ds but yeah, overall as well haha.

#TheKozmoForce

ScottyAdams

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:12 pm

Whut it BEWD. 

I'm bad with those shitz. 

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyAdams on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:48 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Blue
Eyes
White
Dragon

#TheKozmoForce

ScottyAdams

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:46 pm

Oh, yeah. 

Then let me tell you Blue-eyes are not that good lmao. They fall against decks that can set a good board faster then them (Which is every deck that is tier 1.5 and above atm lol). 

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyAdams on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:42 pm

BEWD is good, but being most represented does help it. Gets destroyed by D/D/Ds though (Seriously, we gonna let crimson's comment slide on that?). Blue Eyes cannot deal with decks that can throw punches as hard if not harder than it (as you said).

#TheKozmoForce

ScottyAdams

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaksii on Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:01 pm

@DDS wrote:I'm looking for a deck with complexity and high combo dependency.

Kaiju Cyber Dragons... Clearing opponent's field, going into contact fusion. Best thing ever. Nova and Infinity summonable in almost every point of the duel, Overload Fusion and Rampage Dragon, Quickdraw Synchron and Tzolkin for extra fun. Deck would be pretty awesome, especially now since meta isn't really formed in new format. Not to mention all the OTKs...

I would give you the list but DN is down :<

Former Assistant and Professor

Galaksii

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 6,095
Reputation Points : 69

http://galaksiida.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentKatana on Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:59 pm

Right now, D-Heroes are pretty playable, and I did do a Diamond Turbo Based build a bit ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzT9peZNT6E

As you seem to be a great fan of combo based decks, D/D are generally the most flowchart type deck in the game right now. There really is no better deck for skill intensive combo creation on the spot given just how many resources the deck plays with. Here's my current build http://prntscr.com/cmm56e

Besides that, I'm sure everyone else has given good suggestions, these'r just my 2 cents...

~The Fantastic Duodynamic Potatoes~

SilentKatana

Assistant
Assistant

Duel Points : 43,970
Reputation Points : 9
Medallions : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content