Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionOverthinking

more_horiz
A couple of my friends and I were having a discussion while being exhausted and bored as fuck, and the topic we picked for our discussion was 'overthinking' and its effects on us.

Both of my friends have had bad experience with their ex's and hence both of them agreed that its perhaps due to overthinking that they had to break up, or things had to end up this way. Their argument was that overthinking creates problems in their relationship that weren't even there to begin with, and with time these notions accumulated above one another and formed some kind of an imaginary layer which eventually felt like being a real thing.

I for myself couldn't agree with their perspective. I don't believe 'overthinking' is somehow a cause for a breakup. On the contrary, I believe overthinking, even outside of relationships matters, is a healthy way of creating as many possibilities as possible in your head, so that you're able to expect anything that could possibly happen and avoid any sudden surprises.

Overthinking from my perspective is basically you writing down a set of possibilities, keeping those possibilities mere imaginary is your job to do. Someone with confidence in their decisions in their own self should be able to diffrentiate between what is real and what is not; thereof, overthinking isn't a reason for you to take an immediate action just basing it on something you imagined in your head. It's a tool for you to simply be prepared for all possibilities.

And of course, that is when they started throwing water bottles at me and I had to run for my life. A decent way to end a discussion.

Anyhow, thought of posting this here and hear what everyone has to say about this. Of course, we were talking about 'overthinking' in general, we simply used their past life experiences in their personal relationships to solidify our/their main argument points. Overthinking is something we do in all aspects of our bloody boring daily life.

descriptionRe: Overthinking

more_horiz
It depends imo. Branching out multiple possibilities is a must have for anyone as simply going by your gut feeling isn't very rational. That said there is a difference between planning and panicking because you can't absorb all the multiple routes. If it reaches the stage that you really are confused then yes, it's simplier to just stick with 1 course of action.
From personal exp, i first analyze all the possible outcomes and choose the best one. Overcomplicating something however is counter productive and should be avoided at any situation.
Sometimes things are easier than they seem, so why go the extra mile?

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

more_horiz
I overthink a lot and it doesn't affect my decisions and life. Some people just love to create problems where there is none. Plus, not all relationships work.

"So we are staying in this mess, this beautiful mess tonight"
Why so serious? :3 

more_horiz
In general terms; I believe there's no such thing as over-thinking, there are merely those who consider multiple possibilities and the consequences/risks associated with them and those who don't. But I am someone who's been bemoaned in the past for being a little.. Overly analytical.

In my experience; When dealing with agreements, decisions and the sort my mentality has been crucial in both finding positive outcomes and preventing disasters.

When dealing with people however, I've found that the first thing that comes to my mind is the honest answer. Granted when dealing with people an honest answer and  the 'correct' answer for the scenario can be very different.

Explore your boundaries! Open your mind... A new Land of Fantasy awaits!

more_horiz
Try overthinking if you have sickness. You'll die soon.

If everyone is unique, then would uniqueness become normal?

more_horiz
@CrimsonOverlord It's easier than done to be frank. It's easy to consider all different possibilities but it's not easy to accept all of them. Taking something into consideration and analyzing it are two different things. You first consider something, but analyzing it - as it how it would happen or why - could lead to some negative vibes. Overthinking is solely positive when you're merely trying to figure out what and when something could go wrong. You can't analyze a relationship rationally, at least not when your feelings are involved, you'll probably end up making a wrong turn somewhere. Simply put, from my perspective, overthinking is positive but doing it for too long more frequently might lead to some worse less-real scenarios.

@Lux Thinking a lot and overthinking are two different things. You think a lot when you try to figure something out, but you overthink of something when you have no idea what to do next. Also, I believe all relationships can work if the two individuals would compensate for one another's mistakes instead of making a fuss about it. I mean, that's why not many relationships work nowadays.

@DDS In simple words, you follow your heart. Lel

@Centrik What are you even doing here

more_horiz
@Anzo yes, and I do both. I agree about relationship part. But the thing is, you cannot affect the othe side, and sometimes they won't want to change. And that's why I said that that's why most relationships don't work out. I believe that once you meet the right person, you will be willing to do anything and everything, including to change. But isn't the point of relationship to love your partner the way they are? (that's what you kinda said too)

The rule above all other is though, that others will be able to truly love you once you only truly love yourself.

"So we are staying in this mess, this beautiful mess tonight"
Why so serious? :3 

more_horiz
@Anzo wrote:

@DDS In simple words, you follow your heart. Lel

Well yes and no, when it comes to relationships yes. Ultimately the heart wants what it wants, no amount of thought is going to change that.

But in a general sense, I live and die by analytical thinking, and lateral thinking when being analytical doesn't work out..lolz

Explore your boundaries! Open your mind... A new Land of Fantasy awaits!

more_horiz
@Anzo wrote:
@Centrik What are you even doing here

I'm talking shit.

If everyone is unique, then would uniqueness become normal?

more_horiz
Now now, the word "overthinking" itself is a negative word and it mean you think TOO MUCH. Thinking a lot is simply different. In your friends' cases of broke up, we don't know, not like we know all the details to their relationship. However, overthinking CAN be a reason for ppl to break up. It annoys ppl depending on wut the issue is.

Imagine, ur gf goes like thinking for 30 mins when you ask her what you want to eat for lunch for like 2 years everytime you meet. When you ask her y, she be like o beef got disease, pork is dirty, chicken is yuck, vegeatable is dull, etc. This is not really a effective example but yeah, things can get annoying depending on the situation. Like when it comes to marriage, where to live, how to have sex, what to put in a house, the toilet cover shud b up or down, money, food, EGAO. playing YGO, chet, ban anzo, NTR, overthinking that a third person exists between their relationship, spamming on DA, etc.

Tbh overthinking is unlimited, u think too much, n its useless. Hence, its call OVERthinking. U said overthinking is good n healthy, case may be possible but, it can also b the cause of a lot of mental illness.

anyways lol possibility is infinite when it comes to y break up, a lot of times both of them are not at fault, they simply cannot get along with each other.

DONDABA DENDEN EGAEGAON.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum