[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom!

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom!

Post by Lux on Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:25 pm

Welcome to official Duel Academy Duelist Kingdom Event! In this particular event, just like in anime, duelists will start with certain amount of Star Chips (amount has yet to be decided) and the first four duelists who obtain 10 Star Chips proceed to the elimination stage! 

Even though this is a "Duelist Kingdom" event, we will not strictly use DK set of rules. We'll use *normal* Yugioh rules;

• Players can only have up to 6 cards in his or her hand unless the card "Infinite Cards" is in play on his/her side of the field.
  • One Normal Summon is allowed per player per turn. Monsters can be Summoned in face-up Attack Position, face-up Defense Position or face-down Defense Position.
  • Level 4 or below monsters can be Summoned during a Normal Summon.
  • Level 5-6 monsters need one Tribute in order to Normal Summon.
  • Level 7+ monsters need two Tributes in order to Normal Summon. 
  • If an opponent had no monsters in play, the Turn Player is free to attack his/her Life Points directly, reducing their total by the monster's ATK points....  And so on! 

These are some of the Event rules that will be followed:
-Each player begins with 2 number of Star Chips
-First four duelists to obtain 10 Star Chips proceed into the elimination stage of the tournament
-In Top 4 (elimination stage) players will be paired randomly
-There is no duel for a third place (Go big or go home!)
-There is no restriction on how much Star Chips you can invest (that means that it's up to you and your opponent to decide about that)
-You will be following specific cardpool and banlist which will be listed later in the post
-Duels will be 8000 LP single duels
-Auto-win decks are dissallowed

...now onto prizes! 

Code:
1st place: Dorm promotion + "King of Games" rank title!
2nd place: Free shop item
Top 4 prize: 5000 DP + Medallion

Cardpool and Banlist: 
-We will be using TCG February 2004 banlist: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/February_2004_Lists
-You can use all the cards released in: Legend of Blue Eyes White Dragon, Metal Raiders, Spell Ruler, Pharaoh's Servant, Labyrinth of Nightmare, Legacy of Darkness, Pharaonic Guardian, Magician's Force, Dark Crisis, but you might as well run all the cards released in sets before 2004. 
-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Trading_Card_Game_sets#Yu-Gi-Oh.21

Top 4: 
PaNiCMaKeRz
Jyudai Yuki
DanelerH
Crow Hogan

ALL OF YOU WHO GOT DISQUALIFIED ARE BACK INTO THE GAME WITH 1 ETERNAL CHIP, MEANING YOU CAN NEVER GO LOWER THAN 1 CHIP, SO EVEN IF YOU GET BEAT WITH YOUR CURRENT FINAL CHIP, THE WINNER GETS A REPLICA ADDED TO HIS COLLECTION (aka 1 chip),BUT YOU WILL NOT DIE!

Last edited by Lux on Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:55 pm; edited 8 times in total

"So we are staying in this mess, this beautiful mess tonight"
Why so serious? :3 

Lux

Administrator
Administrator

Duel Points : 1510
Reputation Points : 23
Pro Decklists : 0
Medallions : 1
Get me out of here Here to stay This is not hard I am 12 and what is this? Who are you? Give me your money! What's winning? Community favorite He was lucky Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend! Representative

Back to top Go down

Re: [EVENT] Duelist Kingdom!

Post by Lux on Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:26 pm

Important: this event should begin in +/- 5-7 days. Prepare your decks before it begins.

Lux

Administrator
Administrator

Get me out of here Here to stay This is not hard I am 12 and what is this? Who are you? Give me your money! What's winning? Community favorite He was lucky Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend! Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Staxx on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:19 pm

sign me up! imma troll the shit outta this tournament with catapult turtle and magical scientist. AND I can run 3 last will's????? this will be fun.

My Health Potions:
x2

Staxx

Duel Points : 6,600
Reputation Points : 13
Dedicated member Who are you? Getting the hang of it Getting to know you Can get i get a discount? I am 12 and what is this? Community's favorite Representative Community slacker Sun God Staxx I am a rich man

Back to top Go down

Post by Centrik on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:36 pm

Ok I'm in.

If everyone is unique, then would uniqueness become normal?

Centrik

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Duel Points : 13,265
Reputation Points : 214
I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Yo Mamma GG2EZ The Worthy! Lazy Slacker Give me your money! Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!

Back to top Go down

Post by PaNiCMaKeRz on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:57 pm

time to battle!!
count me in

Everyone Join the Duel Academy's Ladder

"..Open your Eyes.. Open your Mind.. Inner Peace is the answer you seek.."

PaNiCMaKeRz

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 16,370
Reputation Points : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by TricMagic on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:30 pm

What system will we be using? Also, is there a time limit? If not/& Percy count me in as well.

Previous Charecters:

Alisae Hosted Madness:

@Linda-Senpai wrote:God  damn Tric is better than I thought! He's going for a skip day D: if he gets the others to go along with it, I'm utterly fucked. Though in that case, I guess we'll just have to use the Strongman modifier to kill faervel, claim I targeted faer but Mafia saw it coming and killed him, then say I checked how many uses Light has of his ability and say zero (assuming he were to not kill me or you. He's probably going to kill you then get me lynched). I think we lose if Tric's skip day plan goes through lol.

TricMagic

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 2,730
Reputation Points : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:31 pm

We always use ygopro

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Duel Points : 33,550
Reputation Points : 30
Pro Decklists : 2
I got rid of my girlfriend! Here to stay I bet it's cool out there Business man Getting the hang of it Who are you? What's winning? GG2EZ Innovative He was lucky Never back down! I was not even trying I am 12 and what is this? Community favorite Underdog Rising Popular figure New hero in town! Representative I only got 4 dollars Community slacker

Back to top Go down

Post by deathmark on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:05 pm

i'm in for sure xD

deathmark

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 100
Reputation Points : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by PaNiCMaKeRz on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:26 pm

burn is allowed?

PaNiCMaKeRz

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:35 pm

No need to be in, just make sure to build decks Wink

Lux

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kangaroo-Jolty on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:53 pm

A society of light promotion is far too high a prise to be giving away on and old format fun event!!!

Kangaroo-Jolty

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 31680
Reputation Points : 1
I was not even trying Freshman Supreme Queen What's it like out there? Can I get a discount? Getting the hang of it Business Man Whats winning? The Worthy! New hero in town Community Favorite I got rid of my girlfriend! He was lucky

Back to top Go down

Post by PaNiCMaKeRz on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:23 pm

@Kangaroo-Jolty wrote:A society of light promotion is far too high a prise to be giving away on and old format fun event!!!
Then you 'in' or not?

PaNiCMaKeRz

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:39 pm

Burn,stall,mill,auto win are not allowed

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

I got rid of my girlfriend! Here to stay I bet it's cool out there Business man Getting the hang of it Who are you? What's winning? GG2EZ Innovative He was lucky Never back down! I was not even trying I am 12 and what is this? Community favorite Underdog Rising Popular figure New hero in town! Representative I only got 4 dollars Community slacker

Back to top Go down

Post by TricMagic on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:40 pm

That prize could be a promotion to the next dorm up. Lux?

Previous Charecters:

Alisae Hosted Madness:

@Linda-Senpai wrote:God  damn Tric is better than I thought! He's going for a skip day D: if he gets the others to go along with it, I'm utterly fucked. Though in that case, I guess we'll just have to use the Strongman modifier to kill faervel, claim I targeted faer but Mafia saw it coming and killed him, then say I checked how many uses Light has of his ability and say zero (assuming he were to not kill me or you. He's probably going to kill you then get me lynched). I think we lose if Tric's skip day plan goes through lol.

TricMagic

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:52 pm

@Kangaroo-Jolty wrote:A society of light promotion is far too high a prise to be giving away on and old format fun event!!!
We don't have 3.000.000 USD to give as a prize, so we'll have to work out with something prestigious too Wink

Lux

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TricMagic on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:58 pm

Personally I would prefer the climb compared to just being given a top rank.

Previous Charecters:

Alisae Hosted Madness:

TricMagic

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:25 pm

Perhaps you are right. But does anyone have any other idea? Keep in mind, it needs to be prestigious.

Lux

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PaNiCMaKeRz on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:27 pm

@Lux wrote:Perhaps you are right. But does anyone have any other idea? Keep in mind, it needs to be prestigious.
think your idea is already good.. whoever can build the best deck out of these old cards and strategies deserves
to be in the top dorm

PaNiCMaKeRz

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by DDS on Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:49 pm

@Lux wrote:Perhaps you are right. But does anyone have any other idea? Keep in mind, it needs to be prestigious.

Just make it a rank up. Not that it's going to matter when I win! xD

Explore your boundaries! Open your mind... A new Land of Fantasy awaits!

DDS

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 42,185

+ Full Right to make fun of CrimsonOverlord
Reputation Points : 84
Pro Decklists : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by TricMagic on Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:56 pm

Cool avatar but you do know that its the Heart Of The Cards that will decide your Win or Loss right? Doesn't matter if I'm at the bottom with such limits. No crazy summon breaks or OTKs for this tournament.

Previous Charecters:

Alisae Hosted Madness:

TricMagic

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:58 pm

Mfw heart of the cards is some dub magic

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Staxx on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:58 am

@CrimsonOverlord wrote:Burn,stall,mill,auto win are not allowed
There y'all go with that banned decks bullcrap. I can understand banning auto win but burn stall and mill decks were literally some of the most played decks back then. I rescind my participation. Hope everyone has fun playing they're shitty chaos decks. If you don't you're a fool.

My Health Potions:
x2

Staxx

Duel Points : 6,600
Reputation Points : 13
Dedicated member Who are you? Getting the hang of it Getting to know you Can get i get a discount? I am 12 and what is this? Community's favorite Representative Community slacker Sun God Staxx I am a rich man

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:01 am

STX wrote:
There y'all go with that banned decks bullcrap. I can understand banning auto win but burn stall and mill decks were literally some of the most played decks back then. I rescind my participation. Have fun everyone playing they're shitty chaos decks. If you don't you're a fool.
1.) There's no Chaos decks 
2.) I agree about that. I'll do some testing and discuss it with Crimson before we come up with final decision.

If anyone has any other suggestion, feel free to suggest. 

Lux

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:39 am

Then pardon me for sounding stupid @stx. I admit i'm ignorant about the format back then, therefore if those decks were alright to play , you can play them

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by TricMagic on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:52 am

I had a habit of using this to ruin most opponents.

Mirror Force? Raigeki? In the grave they go.
Let the Heart of the Cards bless my deck. And ruin yours...

Previous Charecters:

Alisae Hosted Madness:

TricMagic

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by YAMI MOTO#1 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:13 am

@TricMagic wrote:I had a habit of using this to ruin most opponents.

Mirror Force? Raigeki? In the grave they go.
Let the Heart of the Cards bless my deck. And ruin yours...
um....that card actually really bothered /prevented my victory's.....unless my opponent had more then one "grave keepers servant on the fieldxd however that card never really rekt meh@all^^
@tricmagic

"in"
things might change....however I'm in for now

YAMI MOTO#1

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 2100
Reputation Points : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Atticus on Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:31 am

SoL promotion is way too high of a reward. I'm in though.

[23:21:50] @ The Doctor : >knows about hitler
[23:21:55] @ The Doctor : >what's a holocaust
[23:22:05] @ The Doctor : #logic

Siggy Credit: CrimsonOverlord

Atticus

Society of Light
Society of Light

Duel Points : 6,315
Reputation Points : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by PaNiCMaKeRz on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:03 am

@Lux wrote:
STX wrote:
There y'all go with that banned decks bullcrap. I can understand banning auto win but burn stall and mill decks were literally some of the most played decks back then. I rescind my participation. Have fun everyone playing they're shitty chaos decks. If you don't you're a fool.
1.) There's no Chaos decks 
2.) I agree about that. I'll do some testing and discuss it with Crimson before we come up with final decision.

If anyone has any other suggestion, feel free to suggest. 
burn is never okay... go ahead and test.. let me remind people that these are single duels..

PaNiCMaKeRz

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:23 pm

K then no sol promotion , just a normal rank up. We good now?

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:24 pm

Two things; 

Top prize has been modified and now it's a dorm promotion only.
If I'm allowing burn, I see no reason why auto win would be banned. It's the same evil. 

Lux

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top