Latest topics
Rising againYesterday at 5:49 pmHaccodeHello! It’s been a minute!Yesterday at 3:39 pmEfaneSo i remembered ygo existsYesterday at 8:32 amHaou SupremeHi Just Found This PlaceYesterday at 8:24 amHaou SupremeIts Yah boiWed Jul 18, 2018 8:31 pmWondeRyDA's Clash/War TeamWed Jul 18, 2018 8:30 pmWondeRyYea hi im here again apparently.Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:25 pmYAMI MOTO#1[FINISH] Battle Pack Tournament!Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:51 amWondeRyQuestion about a rulingThu Jul 05, 2018 6:17 pmPatrick92Duel Links Tournament #3 HighlanderRulesThu Jul 05, 2018 1:48 pmCutieLucie83
Discord

Go down

DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:49 am
DA Wolf Mafia #5

What is 'Wolf' Mafia?

Spoiler:
Wolf Mafia is a more simple setup of the game Mafia, and Mafia is a game of Town vs Mafia. When the game starts, each player is given a randomized role of either 'Town', 'Mafia' or 'Wolf'. The Wolf is not aligned with anyone but himself/herself, and their win condition is to be the last one standing. The Mafia are the 'bad guys'. They know who each other are and at night communicate with each other in their Night Chat. During this night phase, they must communicate with each other to come on a conclusion on who they should kill that night (they can only kill one person per night), and if they can't come to a conclusion, the Godfather has the final say. The Town are the 'Good Guys'. Mafia wins once there is an equal number of Town and Mafia left alive. They don't know who each other are and have to discuss and logically deduce who the Mafia and Wolf are, then vote to lynch them. You lynch by typing /vote insert name here in your post. In order for a lynch to be locked, 50% of the players alive must have voted for the same person (example: if theres 8 people, its 4 votes to lock the lynch) If players want the day phase to end sooner, they may also do a /vote skipday to end the day sooner. It will need the same amount of votes to lock as a lynch.

The game is split into two phases: Day and Night. The Day Phase is when the players discuss everything that happened the previous night and try to decide who to lynch (when a player is lynched, they are killed and eliminated from the game. Their role is revealed at the end of the day). At the start of the day phase, whoever was killed the previous night is revealed. During the Night Phase, discussing in the day chat (which is simply posting in the thread) is illegal and if you do this you will be in trouble. The Night phase is when the Mafia decide who to kill, and other roles with Night Actions PM the host (me) saying what they will be doing. Example, the Wolf would PM and say they want to kill insert name here while the Sheriff would PM me and say investigate 'insert name here'. 

NOTE: You are NOT allowed to provide proof of your identity (example: copying the PM where your role was sent out or taking a screenshot). This is cheating and you will be disqualified if you do this.

ANOTHER NOTE: EDITING YOUR POSTS FOR WHATEVER REASON IS CHEATING. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS. IF YOU WANT TO ADD ONTO SOMETHING YOU SAID, YOU ARE ALLOWED TO DOUBLE POST, BUT NEVER EDIT.

ANOTHER NOTE: PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DISCUSS AN ON-GOING GAME OUTSIDE OF THE THREAD ITSELF. REPEATED OFFENSES WILL RESULT IN BEING MODKILLED (REMOVED FROM THE GAME BY ME) AND POTENTIALLY EVEN BANNED FROM FUTURE GAMES.

ALSO: IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE ACTIVE ENOUGH TO SUBMIT YOUR NIGHT ACTION EVERY NIGHT AND POST IN THE DAY CHAT AT LEAST THREE TIMES A DAY, YOU SHOULDN'T SIGN UP!

Roles:
Town:
Spoiler:
Townsfolk:
The townsfolk is the most common role in the game. They have no night action.

Sheriff:
The Sheriff is a special town role. At night, the Sheriff may choose to investigate someone. If they are Town, they will show up as Town. If they are Mafia, they will show up as Mafia, unless they are Godfather, where will show up as Town. An investigated player is not notified that they were investigated.

Doctor:
The Doctor is the second special town role. At night, the Doctor may choose a player to protect at night (EXCEPT HIMSELF/HERSELF!). If that player were to have been killed by Wolf or Mafia, they will survive. If that player were targeted by both Wolf and Mafia, whichever kill was submitted first will be saved by the Doctor, but the second kill will go through. If a player is targeted by the Doctor but no one attempted to kill them, they will not be notified. If a player is targeted by the Doctor and someone did attempt to kill them, they will be notified that they were healed by the Doctor.

Mafia:
Spoiler:
Godfather:
The Godfather is the boss of the Mafia. If the Godfather is investigated by the Sheriff, they will show up as Town. The Godfather has the final say on who the mafia kills at night, and who does the killing. Only one Mafia role may kill at night.

Mafioso:
The Mafioso is the most common Mafia role. They have no Night Action asides from talking in the Night Chat and killing.

Wolves:
Spoiler:
Wolf:
The Wolf fights solo. Every night he/she may choose someone to kill. If the Wolf is the only one left standing, or if it's just the Wolf and one other person left alive, the Wolf wins.

Role Setup:

Townsfolk
Townsfolk

Townfolk
Townfolk
Doctor
Sheriff

-----------
Godfather
Mafioso

-----------
Wolf

Participants:

1. Alisae
2. Lux
3. DanelerH
4. Bladecharge
5. jjh927
6. LightYagami5
7. faervel
8. CrimsonOverlord
9. Debi

Prizes:
Winners receive 1,500 DP

Last edited by NightBot on Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:01 pm; edited 3 times in total

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:18 am
All roles have been handed out. Day 1 has begun! It will end on 2/14/17 some time after 5:00 PM (GMT-6). Day 1 will last 5 days, after which, the days will last 4 irl days.
Exceptions: Someone receives the majority of lynch votes (5) or (5) "/vote: No Day" are put, in either case, the day will end immediately.
Use "/vote: (Playername)" to lynch someone & "/vote: No Lynch" to end the day. And due note that lynches are locked once a hammer vote has been placed (the 5th vote), meaning you cannot change/take back your lynch that you've submitted.
To take back a vote, use "/unvote".
Also, please bolden your /vote commands, as it makes it easier for me to find.

@Alisae
@Lux
@DanelerH
@Bladecharge
@jjh927
@LightYagami5
@faervel
@CrimsonOverlord
@Debi
Alisae
Level 2 Ra
Level 2 Ra
Reputation Points : 1

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:43 am
I didn't read my role pm guyz.
VOTE: Alisae

Voting copy pasting things just for me.
Code:
<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]VOTE:[/color]</strong></span>
<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]UNVOTE[/color]</strong></span>

In all seriousness, I learned things.
So I'll be sharing knowledge.
This means I will also be playing to my wincon, but also teaching people along the way.
So I will not lie about theory. Feel free to ask me any questions about the game when it comes to just how the game works or abbreviations I may end up using.

Also I wrote this whole thing before I got my rolepm. I also failed High School to play mafia with ywall.

Alisae
Level 2 Ra
Level 2 Ra

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:48 am
Starting out a game of mefia can be hard so generally the best way to get the game started is to randomly place votes and see what the reactions are. In RVS (Random Voting Stage), we vote for one another without conviction, usually for humorous or sarcastic reasons. The point here is for Town to try and determine who is genuine, and who is nervous and forced. The theory, of course, is that the scum players are not actually in the dark, and must fabricate a reason for an RVS vote. This gives us an effective icebreaker, and a means to begin play.

Bladecharge
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Reputation Points : 0

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:56 am
i'll wait to vote

I am not good or bad but I am in between.  I am not one side I listen to both and there is always two sides to each story.  Just got to open up and not be stupid while listing.
Alisae
Level 2 Ra
Level 2 Ra

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:57 am
@Bladecharge wrote:i'll wait to vote
Why?

Bladecharge
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:04 am
idk really what to do

I am not good or bad but I am in between.  I am not one side I listen to both and there is always two sides to each story.  Just got to open up and not be stupid while listing.
Alisae
Level 2 Ra
Level 2 Ra

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:07 am
Thats understandable Razz
I basicly posted a summary of what happens in most of my games to start it out.

Bladecharge
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:09 am
hmm okay VOTE:Crimsionoverlord

Alisae
Level 2 Ra
Level 2 Ra

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:10 am
Blade you can copy paste the thingy I put for my own votes or just use bold tags to make sure your vote gets counted.

Bladecharge
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:23 am
VOTE: Crismonoverlord

Alisae
Level 2 Ra
Level 2 Ra

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:31 am
You forgot to copy the html, but here, let me help you out
Code:
[b]VOTE: (Playername)[/b]
[b]UNVOTE[/b]

Alisae
Level 2 Ra
Level 2 Ra

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:40 am
Unoffical Votecount 1.1!
(1) Alisae (L-4)  - Alisae,
(1) CrimsonOverlord (L-4) - Bladecharge,

Not Voting (7) : Lux, DanelerH, jjh927, LightYagami5, faervel, CrimsonOverlord, Debi

With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch.
Ali note: I'm doing these just in case Lazy Botto doesn't lol. And ffs can I not fuck these up? Kay thanks.

faervel
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Reputation Points : 16
What is life? Give me your money! Getting the hang of it Community favorite Who are you? Popular figure What&#39;s winning? Representative He was lucky Community slacker I was not even trying I got rid of my girlfriend! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:55 am
/Vote Alisae

Acting mod and unnecessary amount of coaching for BladeCharge while insisting on him making a vote even though were he REALLY a coach kinda person he could start one and stop staying out...
(Fyi the concept of RNG votes doesn't work if you keep saying it is a random vote...)

jjh927:sacker -_-

Amy Kool:
[05:06:21] @ Amy Kool : kaiba talks about screwing the rules but yugi actually does the shit

Achivements:
Survival Tourney second place-12/1/2013
Deck Master Lord tourney second place
DA's underdog of the year-2013
DA world cup 2nd place 8/25/2014
faervel
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
What is life? Give me your money! Getting the hang of it Community favorite Who are you? Popular figure What&#39;s winning? Representative He was lucky Community slacker I was not even trying I got rid of my girlfriend! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:59 am
I just noticed I dropped the keywords "to gain trust" at the end of my sentence so please read it with that...
(Sorry I'll double check from now on)
(Yay...we playin' mafia again~!)

Amy Kool:
[05:06:21] @ Amy Kool : kaiba talks about screwing the rules but yugi actually does the shit

Achivements:
Alisae
Level 2 Ra
Level 2 Ra

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:08 am
Faer there's a few things wrong with that.
A. Read the interaction again. I didn't insist he make a vote, I told him to read how I described how a beginning of a game plays out in my experience because I was wondering why he didn't make a vote.
B. This is most likely his first game on site. Yes, I am blatantly coaching him. I'm trying to help him (and anyone else) through with understanding how the game works.
C. I blatantly said in my first post.
@Alisae wrote:In all seriousness, I learned things.
So I'll be sharing knowledge.
This means I will also be playing to my wincon, but also teaching people along the way.
So I will not lie about theory. Feel free to ask me any questions about the game when it comes to just how the game works or abbreviations I may end up using.
So how is coaching scummy in this case if I'm just trying to help newer players learn and understand the game?

Either way you're misrepping my interaction with him, so that's nice.
Now a few questions.
D. Why is posting a votecount scummy again? I find it useful for myself to refer to these later and make analysis off of voting patterns. And if Botto has a problem with it he can tell me to stop.
E. Why is my coaching scummy there?

Alisae
Level 2 Ra
Level 2 Ra

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:10 am
While I'm at it
UNVOTE

Alisae
Level 2 Ra
Level 2 Ra

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:39 am
@faervel wrote:(Yay...we playin' mafia again~!)

I'm excited!

faervel
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:55 pm
A.Same thing. if I was new to something and confused I'd follow whatever others told me to do as well.SPECIALLY if you were like "Why not?"("It should be obvious enough that makes you look bad when you don't do that")
B.Nice of you.
C.You can't refer to YOUR posts for saying they are true no matter how far in the past you made them(Same day in this case) for if you are lying you could be lying from the very first post.
D.Posting a vote count by itself is not scummy.Posting a vote count for...2votes however is a different case...it's like you are insisting from the very start that you should be the one to post them and no one else should so you can be like "But I am useful I am posting all these cool colorful vote counts" and what does this one have for you to refer to  if you posted it considering you said you wanted to refer to your vote counts later?So you can be like "But BladeCharge was the 1st one to lynch Crims" in case something went wrong or be like "But I am voting myself how can I be bad when I am voting myself?"
E.Coaching again by itself is not scummy but trying to carry them literally step by step(I doubt "bolding" really needs coaching...)  from the start before anything is needed is like saying "I am the ONLY one for you to trust" and it's scummy cause it's like you're trying to create a safe vote for yourself instead of just simple coaching.You wanna be a good coach then give them play patterns to follow by doing stuff instead of just laying low and being the "good guy".

...I say "laying low" but there realy isn't much to lay low from I admit so uhh...I think this kinda started too late everyone's MIA T.T

Amy Kool:

Achivements:
CrimsonOverlord
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Reputation Points : 30
I got rid of my girlfriend! Here to stay I bet it&#39;s cool out there Business man Getting the hang of it Who are you? What&#39;s winning? GG2EZ Innovative He was lucky Never back down! I was not even trying I am 12 and what is this? Community favorite Underdog Rising Popular figure New hero in town! Representative I only got 4 dollars Community slacker

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:43 pm
Waiting for that debi claiming town post cuz he does so everytime. Other than that ill have to say faer was pretty jumpy about the tutorial dancing loli gave (alisae) so thats that. 

I feel no pressure whatsoever from blades vote cuz it was like a baby trying a new toy.

Bring dem discussions

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS
jjh927
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Reputation Points : 45

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:50 pm
I'm not MIA, Faerv. I can lurk like a master. Anyways, give it a couple of days and try not to kill anyone with random voting. You need 5 of the 7 people willing to random lynch a mafia to actually vote for said mafia member. That is (probably) not going to happen, especially if we don't even have that many people.

Alisae
Level 2 Ra
Level 2 Ra

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:05 pm
A. No... They aren't the samething. Telling someone what to do is saying "you should be voting someone." Asking why they aren't voting and then directing them to something that shows a way to start out the game, especially after they were like "I have no idea what to do" is not telling someone how to vote or making someone follow orders.

B. -

C. Now you're just reaching for something.

D. First line defeats your whole arguement. Plus that is bad analysis off of that votecount, I can do better Razz Right now you're reaching for more reasons to vote me. I'm not insisting on anything, hence the word "unoffical." If you want to go ahead and post them go ahead and do so by all means.

E. You're reaching for more things now. Tho I see what you're thinking. You're thinking "I'm buddying him or trying to pocket him so I will get him to townread me" and I can understand that, but teaching him how to get his vote counted is buddying? That's a reach.

F. Space your things out a bit if you want to be readable.

VOTE: faervel

Alisae
Level 2 Ra
Level 2 Ra

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:07 pm
@CrimsonOverlord wrote:Waiting for that debi claiming town post cuz he does so everytime. Other than that ill have to say faer was pretty jumpy about the tutorial dancing loli gave (alisae) so thats that. 

I feel no pressure whatsoever from blades vote cuz it was like a baby trying a new toy.

Bring dem discussions
You're probably town for the 2nd bit, but we'll see how this develops.
What do you think of the conversation between Fearvel and me?

Alisae
Level 2 Ra
Level 2 Ra

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:10 pm
@jjh927 wrote:I'm not MIA, Faerv. I can lurk like a master. Anyways, give it a couple of days and try not to kill anyone with random voting. You need 5 of the 7 people willing to random lynch a mafia to actually vote for said mafia member. That is (probably) not going to happen, especially if we don't even have that many people.
I'm probs out of RVS right now, and I scumread Faer because of his reaching and blatant misrepresentation.
But what makes you think scum won't self-hammer?
What makes you think scum would not attempt to bus? If scum get's lynched there is most likely someone trying to bus them.

Also what do you think of Faer's jump on me?

CrimsonOverlord
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Reputation Points : 30
I got rid of my girlfriend! Here to stay I bet it&#39;s cool out there Business man Getting the hang of it Who are you? What&#39;s winning? GG2EZ Innovative He was lucky Never back down! I was not even trying I am 12 and what is this? Community favorite Underdog Rising Popular figure New hero in town! Representative I only got 4 dollars Community slacker

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:13 pm
Are you tunneling faer atm? Are you trying to lead us to think faer is hitler? Or are you just trying to develop the game cuz thats the only thing that has happened so far

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS
Alisae
Level 2 Ra
Level 2 Ra

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:25 pm
Nah just trying to advance the gamestate. And lay pressure.
Do you townread me because of that interaction? Do you scumread me?
Do you townread Faer because of that interatcion? Do you scumread him?

I'm looking for that kind of stuff.

jjh927
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Reputation Points : 45

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:30 pm
I know what you're looking for. It's just you'll only get anything if people make mistakes, and nobody is going to make any mistakes if you explain exactly what you're angling for.

Alisae
Level 2 Ra
Level 2 Ra

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:40 pm
jj that stuff was for Crimmy.

Debi
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist