Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!


DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

Share

descriptionDA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

DA Wolf Mafia #5


What is 'Wolf' Mafia?

Spoiler :
Wolf Mafia is a more simple setup of the game Mafia, and Mafia is a game of Town vs Mafia. When the game starts, each player is given a randomized role of either 'Town', 'Mafia' or 'Wolf'. The Wolf is not aligned with anyone but himself/herself, and their win condition is to be the last one standing. The Mafia are the 'bad guys'. They know who each other are and at night communicate with each other in their Night Chat. During this night phase, they must communicate with each other to come on a conclusion on who they should kill that night (they can only kill one person per night), and if they can't come to a conclusion, the Godfather has the final say. The Town are the 'Good Guys'. Mafia wins once there is an equal number of Town and Mafia left alive. They don't know who each other are and have to discuss and logically deduce who the Mafia and Wolf are, then vote to lynch them. You lynch by typing /vote insert name here in your post. In order for a lynch to be locked, 50% of the players alive must have voted for the same person (example: if theres 8 people, its 4 votes to lock the lynch) If players want the day phase to end sooner, they may also do a /vote skipday to end the day sooner. It will need the same amount of votes to lock as a lynch.

The game is split into two phases: Day and Night. The Day Phase is when the players discuss everything that happened the previous night and try to decide who to lynch (when a player is lynched, they are killed and eliminated from the game. Their role is revealed at the end of the day). At the start of the day phase, whoever was killed the previous night is revealed. During the Night Phase, discussing in the day chat (which is simply posting in the thread) is illegal and if you do this you will be in trouble. The Night phase is when the Mafia decide who to kill, and other roles with Night Actions PM the host (me) saying what they will be doing. Example, the Wolf would PM and say they want to kill insert name here while the Sheriff would PM me and say investigate 'insert name here'. 

NOTE: You are NOT allowed to provide proof of your identity (example: copying the PM where your role was sent out or taking a screenshot). This is cheating and you will be disqualified if you do this.

ANOTHER NOTE: EDITING YOUR POSTS FOR WHATEVER REASON IS CHEATING. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS. IF YOU WANT TO ADD ONTO SOMETHING YOU SAID, YOU ARE ALLOWED TO DOUBLE POST, BUT NEVER EDIT.

ANOTHER NOTE: PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DISCUSS AN ON-GOING GAME OUTSIDE OF THE THREAD ITSELF. REPEATED OFFENSES WILL RESULT IN BEING MODKILLED (REMOVED FROM THE GAME BY ME) AND POTENTIALLY EVEN BANNED FROM FUTURE GAMES.

ALSO: IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE ACTIVE ENOUGH TO SUBMIT YOUR NIGHT ACTION EVERY NIGHT AND POST IN THE DAY CHAT AT LEAST THREE TIMES A DAY, YOU SHOULDN'T SIGN UP!



Roles:
Town:
Spoiler :
Townsfolk:
The townsfolk is the most common role in the game. They have no night action.

Sheriff:
The Sheriff is a special town role. At night, the Sheriff may choose to investigate someone. If they are Town, they will show up as Town. If they are Mafia, they will show up as Mafia, unless they are Godfather, where will show up as Town. An investigated player is not notified that they were investigated.

Doctor:
The Doctor is the second special town role. At night, the Doctor may choose a player to protect at night (EXCEPT HIMSELF/HERSELF!). If that player were to have been killed by Wolf or Mafia, they will survive. If that player were targeted by both Wolf and Mafia, whichever kill was submitted first will be saved by the Doctor, but the second kill will go through. If a player is targeted by the Doctor but no one attempted to kill them, they will not be notified. If a player is targeted by the Doctor and someone did attempt to kill them, they will be notified that they were healed by the Doctor.


Mafia:
Spoiler :
Godfather:
The Godfather is the boss of the Mafia. If the Godfather is investigated by the Sheriff, they will show up as Town. The Godfather has the final say on who the mafia kills at night, and who does the killing. Only one Mafia role may kill at night.

Mafioso:
The Mafioso is the most common Mafia role. They have no Night Action asides from talking in the Night Chat and killing.


Wolves:
Spoiler :
Wolf:
The Wolf fights solo. Every night he/she may choose someone to kill. If the Wolf is the only one left standing, or if it's just the Wolf and one other person left alive, the Wolf wins.



Role Setup:

Townsfolk
Townsfolk

Townfolk
Townfolk
Doctor
Sheriff

-----------
Godfather
Mafioso

-----------
Wolf


Participants:

1. Alisae
2. Lux
3. DanelerH
4. Bladecharge
5. jjh927
6. LightYagami5
7. faervel
8. CrimsonOverlord
9. Debi

Prizes:
Winners receive 1,500 DP


Last edited by NightBot on Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:01 pm; edited 3 times in total

descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
@CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Waiting for that debi claiming town post cuz he does so everytime. Other than that ill have to say faer was pretty jumpy about the tutorial dancing loli gave (alisae) so thats that. 

I feel no pressure whatsoever from blades vote cuz it was like a baby trying a new toy.

Bring dem discussions

Town claim


descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
Every.single.time lmao


-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
Crimmy answer my questions ;~;


descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
@Alisae wrote:
Nah just trying to advance the gamestate. And lay pressure.
Do you townread me because of that interaction? Do you scumread me?
Do you townread Faer because of that interatcion? Do you scumread him?

I'm looking for that kind of stuff.
@Crimsonoverlord


descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
Id like more progression to declare my reads.

I do lean towards scum for faer atm but i dont rly trust anyone as town either


-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
Gotcha.
Wink


descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
@jjh927 wrote:
I'm not MIA, Faerv.
btw this is being noted that he's specificly talking to Faer


descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
I think that Faervel seems to be tunneling.  While Alisae does have a fairly good case against xem, it only puts Faervel as a Mafia-lean for me, as Town can also tunnel for bad reasons.  I'd prefer to wait to hear from the other players before deciding on my vote.  The one I most want to hear from is @jjh927.  Xe's posted, but hasn't actually said anything.

descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
@DanelerH wrote:
I think that Faervel seems to be tunneling.  While Alisae does have a fairly good case against xem, it only puts Faervel as a Mafia-lean for me, as Town can also tunnel for bad reasons.  I'd prefer to wait to hear from the other players before deciding on my vote.  The one I most want to hear from is @jjh927.  Xe's posted, but hasn't actually said anything.
A. The bolded is the textbook definition of posturing as well as information instead of analysis.
B. The underline seems fake because if Dan felt that way he would follow it up with questions to get him into the discussion. What do you want to hear specificly from JJ?


descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
A.  I'm not sure what you mean by "posturing."

B.  I don't have specific questions.  The main reason why I chose JJ is because xe's spoken without saying anything.  Basically, all xe's said is "Hi.  I'm here, but don't want to say anything.  Don't kill via RVS.  We need five votes for a lynch.  The Mafia aren't going to make mistakes."

descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
A. "This kind of behavior could come from town but he could be scum for it. Maybe he's town, maybe he's scum."
B. First sentence makes it seem fake. You're not actually interested in getting him in the discussion.


descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
@DanelerH wrote:
I think that Faervel seems to be tunneling.  While Alisae does have a fairly good case against xem, it only puts Faervel as a Mafia-lean for me, as Town can also tunnel for bad reasons.  I'd prefer to wait to hear from the other players before deciding on my vote.  The one I most want to hear from is @jjh927.  Xe's posted, but hasn't actually said anything.

Yeah I honestly was tunneling an RNG vote to get some discussions going...perhaps that was going too far cause I traded the trust on me barely had any good data as a result...(Still I find this more useful than legit shouting out "This is an RNG vote")
I find Alisae/Dazo's lynch on me quite reasonable so I think he's null/town-lean for now so guess gonna revoke my vote.

/Unvote Alisae


Now there IS something minor that bothers me...
@CrimsonOverlord Why is it that you say you scum-read me yet instead question Alisae...I find it weird(not sure if scummy or just weird but I personally see it as an attempt to slowdown the discussion..for better or for worse)

Oh also @Debi STOP THAT!!!


jjh927:sacker -_-

Amy Kool :
[05:06:21] @ Amy Kool : kaiba talks about screwing the rules but yugi actually does the shit

Achivements :
Survival Tourney second place-12/1/2013
Deck Master Lord tourney second place
DA's underdog of the year-2013
DA world cup 2nd place 8/25/2014

descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
@Alisae wrote:
I didn't read my role pm guyz.
VOTE: Alisae

Voting copy pasting things just for me.

Code:

<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]VOTE:[/color]</strong></span>
<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]UNVOTE[/color]</strong></span>


In all seriousness, I learned things.
So I'll be sharing knowledge.
This means I will also be playing to my wincon, but also teaching people along the way.
So I will not lie about theory. Feel free to ask me any questions about the game when it comes to just how the game works or abbreviations I may end up using.

Also I wrote this whole thing before I got my rolepm. I also failed High School to play mafia with ywall.


I did a quick read on everything. This is the only thing that caught my eye. Bote, with all respect, why don't you let new players learn things on their own and let them ask what they don't understand? Because what seems like you are doing is, easily gaining their trust so they look up to you during the game. I agree, they should ask about abbreviations. I will do it, since I don't know them all. But give new players freedom and space to learn things their way. 

It's like you are hungry for superiority. 

descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
@Alisae wrote:
A. "This kind of behavior could come from town but he could be scum for it. Maybe he's town, maybe he's scum."


Does this refer to one specific move by a player? Like, the move could be coming from either scum or town. I ask because, logically, 9 out of 10 players are either Mafia or Town.


This is Lux's Mafia account. 

descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
A.  My bad.  I didn't word that very well.  Let me clarify what I think of Faervel, then.  I think that Faervel is tunneling, but that isn't necessarily indicative of being Mafia.  I do, however, find Faervel suspicious due to the bad reasons xe had for voting to lynch Alisae.  (If you want me to go into more detail on that, I will, but I'll leave it at that for now.)  I don't find that enough of a reason to place a vote, though, so I am waiting to see what others say, as there may be someone I would rather place my vote on.

B.  The second sentence half right.  I do care in the sense that if JJ is Town, continuing to make those kinds of posts will only hurt xyr credibility.  If xe continues saying nothing, xe could be the one who ends up lynched.

descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
Faer your unvote is towny.
UNVOTE
Faer do you think you can see an angel where Dan knows you're town?


descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
Dr. Reid wrote:
@Alisae wrote:
I didn't read my role pm guyz.
VOTE: Alisae

Voting copy pasting things just for me.

Code:

<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]VOTE:[/color]</strong></span>
<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]UNVOTE[/color]</strong></span>


In all seriousness, I learned things.
So I'll be sharing knowledge.
This means I will also be playing to my wincon, but also teaching people along the way.
So I will not lie about theory. Feel free to ask me any questions about the game when it comes to just how the game works or abbreviations I may end up using.

Also I wrote this whole thing before I got my rolepm. I also failed High School to play mafia with ywall.


I did a quick read on everything. This is the only thing that caught my eye. Bote, with all respect, why don't you let new players learn things on their own and let them ask what they don't understand? Because what seems like you are doing is, easily gaining their trust so they look up to you during the game. I agree, they should ask about abbreviations. I will do it, since I don't know them all. But give new players freedom and space to learn things their way. 

It's like you are hungry for superiority. 
For the most part I am. I'm not trying to say "This is the correct stance you must" and moreso "This is my thought process on how I see things." I am encouraging that if someone doesn't understand for them to ask.


descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
@Alisae wrote:
Faer your unvote is towny.
UNVOTE
Faer do you think you can see an angel where Dan knows you're town?

I have NO IDEA what that's supposed to mean....


jjh927:sacker -_-

Amy Kool :
[05:06:21] @ Amy Kool : kaiba talks about screwing the rules but yugi actually does the shit

Achivements :
Survival Tourney second place-12/1/2013
Deck Master Lord tourney second place
DA's underdog of the year-2013
DA world cup 2nd place 8/25/2014

descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
/vote Alisae
Sorry but you seem suspicious and my experience in town of salem is telling me that most of the times the mafia or the sk(werewolf in our case) talks first and says something to gain towns trust(something you don't need to prove in the start if you are town). Of course I may be wrong now but I'll take my chances 

descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
You have also said that you'll be teaching people along the way. And my opinion is that there is no need for such thing.


This is Lux's Mafia account. 

descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
Dr. Reid wrote:
@Alisae wrote:
A. "This kind of behavior could come from town but he could be scum for it. Maybe he's town, maybe he's scum."


Does this refer to one specific move by a player? Like, the move could be coming from either scum or town. I ask because, logically, 9 out of 10 players are either Mafia or Town.
Google defines Posturing as "behave in a way that is intended to impress or mislead others."
Him saying that he could be towny for getting in a tunnel, but he could also be scum is misleading and thus is posturing.

pedit: light I see you, hold on I'll address your things in a bit.
pedit2: We'll agree to disagree then Lux.
pedit3: LET ME POST PLEASE


descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
@DanelerH wrote:
A.  My bad.  I didn't word that very well.  Let me clarify what I think of Faervel, then.  I think that Faervel is tunneling, but that isn't necessarily indicative of being Mafia.  I do, however, find Faervel suspicious due to the bad reasons xe had for voting to lynch Alisae.  (If you want me to go into more detail on that, I will, but I'll leave it at that for now.)  I don't find that enough of a reason to place a vote, though, so I am waiting to see what others say, as there may be someone I would rather place my vote on.

B.  The second sentence half right.  I do care in the sense that if JJ is Town, continuing to make those kinds of posts will only hurt xyr credibility.  If xe continues saying nothing, xe could be the one who ends up lynched.
A. Gladly do go into more detail. Why isn't it enough reason to place a vote?
B. Then grill them instead of saying "They should talk more."


descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
@Alisae wrote:
Dr. Reid wrote:
@Alisae wrote:
A. "This kind of behavior could come from town but he could be scum for it. Maybe he's town, maybe he's scum."


Does this refer to one specific move by a player? Like, the move could be coming from either scum or town. I ask because, logically, 9 out of 10 players are either Mafia or Town.

Google defines Posturing as "behave in a way that is intended to impress or mislead others."
Him saying that he could be towny for getting in a tunnel, but he could also be scum is misleading and thus is posturing.

pedit: light I see you, hold on I'll address your things in a bit.
pedit2: We'll agree to disagree then Lux.
pedit3: LET ME POST PLEASE

I see your point now. Thank you for co-operating.

descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
@faervel wrote:
@Alisae wrote:
Faer your unvote is towny.
UNVOTE
Faer do you think you can see an angel where Dan knows you're town?

I have NO IDEA what that's supposed to mean....
Scum know who town is, right?
Do you think that Dan is posturing towards your slot to attempt to mislynch it?


descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
@LightYagami5 wrote:
/vote Alisae
Sorry but you seem suspicious and my experience in town of salem is telling me that most of the times the mafia or the sk(werewolf in our case) talks first and says something to gain towns trust(something you don't need to prove in the start if you are town). Of course I may be wrong now but I'll take my chances 
Why am I suspicious?
So because I am actively scumhunting I am scum? What is the scum motivation behind my questions?
Also ToS strategies don't translate well onto forum mafia.


descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
Also
VOTE: DanelerH


descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
Also @LightYagami5 why are you sorry?


descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
Also Votecount coming up


descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
@Alisae wrote:
Also @LightYagami5 why are you sorry?

For voting you when I don't have the exact proof to do so.

descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
@Alisae  Your actions don't need to be obviously suspicious to suspect them. The mafia or werewolf(not the pros ofc) always tries its best to show a good character but that's the trap if you believe them you have lost. Anything a bit suspicious in this game is auto-lynch ;P

descriptionRe: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum