Share
Go down
avatar
Guest
Guest

DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:49 am
First topic message reminder :

DA Wolf Mafia #5


What is 'Wolf' Mafia?

Spoiler:
Wolf Mafia is a more simple setup of the game Mafia, and Mafia is a game of Town vs Mafia. When the game starts, each player is given a randomized role of either 'Town', 'Mafia' or 'Wolf'. The Wolf is not aligned with anyone but himself/herself, and their win condition is to be the last one standing. The Mafia are the 'bad guys'. They know who each other are and at night communicate with each other in their Night Chat. During this night phase, they must communicate with each other to come on a conclusion on who they should kill that night (they can only kill one person per night), and if they can't come to a conclusion, the Godfather has the final say. The Town are the 'Good Guys'. Mafia wins once there is an equal number of Town and Mafia left alive. They don't know who each other are and have to discuss and logically deduce who the Mafia and Wolf are, then vote to lynch them. You lynch by typing /vote insert name here in your post. In order for a lynch to be locked, 50% of the players alive must have voted for the same person (example: if theres 8 people, its 4 votes to lock the lynch) If players want the day phase to end sooner, they may also do a /vote skipday to end the day sooner. It will need the same amount of votes to lock as a lynch.

The game is split into two phases: Day and Night. The Day Phase is when the players discuss everything that happened the previous night and try to decide who to lynch (when a player is lynched, they are killed and eliminated from the game. Their role is revealed at the end of the day). At the start of the day phase, whoever was killed the previous night is revealed. During the Night Phase, discussing in the day chat (which is simply posting in the thread) is illegal and if you do this you will be in trouble. The Night phase is when the Mafia decide who to kill, and other roles with Night Actions PM the host (me) saying what they will be doing. Example, the Wolf would PM and say they want to kill insert name here while the Sheriff would PM me and say investigate 'insert name here'. 

NOTE: You are NOT allowed to provide proof of your identity (example: copying the PM where your role was sent out or taking a screenshot). This is cheating and you will be disqualified if you do this.

ANOTHER NOTE: EDITING YOUR POSTS FOR WHATEVER REASON IS CHEATING. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS. IF YOU WANT TO ADD ONTO SOMETHING YOU SAID, YOU ARE ALLOWED TO DOUBLE POST, BUT NEVER EDIT.

ANOTHER NOTE: PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DISCUSS AN ON-GOING GAME OUTSIDE OF THE THREAD ITSELF. REPEATED OFFENSES WILL RESULT IN BEING MODKILLED (REMOVED FROM THE GAME BY ME) AND POTENTIALLY EVEN BANNED FROM FUTURE GAMES.

ALSO: IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE ACTIVE ENOUGH TO SUBMIT YOUR NIGHT ACTION EVERY NIGHT AND POST IN THE DAY CHAT AT LEAST THREE TIMES A DAY, YOU SHOULDN'T SIGN UP!


Roles:
Town:
Spoiler:
Townsfolk:
The townsfolk is the most common role in the game. They have no night action.

Sheriff:
The Sheriff is a special town role. At night, the Sheriff may choose to investigate someone. If they are Town, they will show up as Town. If they are Mafia, they will show up as Mafia, unless they are Godfather, where will show up as Town. An investigated player is not notified that they were investigated.

Doctor:
The Doctor is the second special town role. At night, the Doctor may choose a player to protect at night (EXCEPT HIMSELF/HERSELF!). If that player were to have been killed by Wolf or Mafia, they will survive. If that player were targeted by both Wolf and Mafia, whichever kill was submitted first will be saved by the Doctor, but the second kill will go through. If a player is targeted by the Doctor but no one attempted to kill them, they will not be notified. If a player is targeted by the Doctor and someone did attempt to kill them, they will be notified that they were healed by the Doctor.

Mafia:
Spoiler:
Godfather:
The Godfather is the boss of the Mafia. If the Godfather is investigated by the Sheriff, they will show up as Town. The Godfather has the final say on who the mafia kills at night, and who does the killing. Only one Mafia role may kill at night.

Mafioso:
The Mafioso is the most common Mafia role. They have no Night Action asides from talking in the Night Chat and killing.

Wolves:
Spoiler:
Wolf:
The Wolf fights solo. Every night he/she may choose someone to kill. If the Wolf is the only one left standing, or if it's just the Wolf and one other person left alive, the Wolf wins.


Role Setup:

Townsfolk
Townsfolk

Townfolk
Townfolk
Doctor
Sheriff

-----------
Godfather
Mafioso

-----------
Wolf


Participants:

1. Alisae
2. Lux
3. DanelerH
4. Bladecharge
5. jjh927
6. LightYagami5
7. faervel
8. CrimsonOverlord
9. Debi

Prizes:
Winners receive 1,500 DP


Last edited by NightBot on Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:01 pm; edited 3 times in total

avatar
DanelerH
King of Games
King of Games
Posts : 2527
Reputation Points : 7

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:40 pm
That locks the lynch.  @Lux, the day can now end.
avatar
jjh927
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 3912
Reputation Points : 45

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:43 pm
As can the game, unless you want to go through with the night anyway.

Good game, everyone! If we lost I personally blame Crimson and Blade.


avatar
Bladecharge
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 907
Reputation Points : 0

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:46 pm
wrong move


I am not good or bad but I am in between.  I am not one side I listen to both and there is always two sides to each story.  Just got to open up and not be stupid while listing.
avatar
Bladecharge
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 907
Reputation Points : 0

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:50 pm
i can't clear my name for the life of me it seems in this game. I have played games like this before but this is the first time on this one for me.


I am not good or bad but I am in between.  I am not one side I listen to both and there is always two sides to each story.  Just got to open up and not be stupid while listing.
avatar
Lux
Assistant
Assistant
Posts : 6245
Reputation Points : 23
Get me out of here Here to stay This is not hard I am 12 and what is this? Who are you? Give me your money! What's winning? Community favorite He was lucky Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend! Representative

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:51 pm
Day 3 has ended! Bladecharge has been lynched. He was a Townfolk! Night 3 has begun! It will end in 48 hours. 



gg scrubs


Last edited by Lux on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total



"So we are staying in this mess, this beautiful mess tonight"
Why so serious? :3 
avatar
Bladecharge
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 907
Reputation Points : 0

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:52 pm
i know what to expect next time


I am not good or bad but I am in between.  I am not one side I listen to both and there is always two sides to each story.  Just got to open up and not be stupid while listing.
avatar
DanelerH
King of Games
King of Games
Posts : 2527
Reputation Points : 7

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:52 pm
Plot twist!  It was me the whole time!  It was neither Light nor Bladecharge.  They were both just bad Town.
avatar
jjh927
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 3912
Reputation Points : 45

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:53 pm
WP DanelerH, had you as town entirely because of the encouragement to lock the lynch on Lux prematurely.


avatar
DanelerH
King of Games
King of Games
Posts : 2527
Reputation Points : 7

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:54 pm
@jjh927 wrote:WP DanelerH, had you as town entirely because of the encouragement to lock the lynch on Lux prematurely.
I saw no way to save Lux, so that was my best bet.  I was afraid I might have been seen as the Wolf after that, which is why I was extremely happy to see that my target for Night 2 (Alisae) was the Wolf.
avatar
Bladecharge
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 907
Reputation Points : 0

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm
i thought something was up with you but if i did mention my suspuion no one would of ever believed me that you hwere moslty no vocal most of the time.


I am not good or bad but I am in between.  I am not one side I listen to both and there is always two sides to each story.  Just got to open up and not be stupid while listing.
avatar
Lux
Assistant
Assistant
Posts : 6245
Reputation Points : 23
Get me out of here Here to stay This is not hard I am 12 and what is this? Who are you? Give me your money! What's winning? Community favorite He was lucky Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend! Representative

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:58 pm
Yeah lol, I didn't bother with my defense too much afterwards but bote got faer out of the way and everything seemed like an easy path to the win after that.



"So we are staying in this mess, this beautiful mess tonight"
Why so serious? :3 
avatar
Lux
Assistant
Assistant
Posts : 6245
Reputation Points : 23
Get me out of here Here to stay This is not hard I am 12 and what is this? Who are you? Give me your money! What's winning? Community favorite He was lucky Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend! Representative

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:02 pm
Night 3 has ended! LightYagami5 (Townfolk) has been killed! He was killed by the Mafia! Mafia wins the game! 




Roles:
jjh927 - Townfolk
CrimsonOverlord - Townfolk
Bladecharge- Townfolk
LightYagami5 - Townfolk
Debi - Sheriff
Faervel - Doctor


DanelerH - Godfather
Lux - Mafioso


Alisae - Wolf



"So we are staying in this mess, this beautiful mess tonight"
Why so serious? :3 
avatar
jjh927
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 3912
Reputation Points : 45

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:08 pm
Who was it who suggested killing Debi and why?


avatar
Bladecharge
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 907
Reputation Points : 0

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:10 pm
i have no idea i can't remember


I am not good or bad but I am in between.  I am not one side I listen to both and there is always two sides to each story.  Just got to open up and not be stupid while listing.
avatar
DanelerH
King of Games
King of Games
Posts : 2527
Reputation Points : 7

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:12 pm
I suggested it.  It had to do with how there were bigger suspicions then Debi, so it seemed like a good opportunity for a kill.  Debi was also saying Alisae was suspicious, so I was hoping there might be some distrust towards Alisae for it, but I wasn't going to push for that.  There might have been a couple of other reasons, but I don't remember what they were.
avatar
Lux
Assistant
Assistant
Posts : 6245
Reputation Points : 23
Get me out of here Here to stay This is not hard I am 12 and what is this? Who are you? Give me your money! What's winning? Community favorite He was lucky Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend! Representative

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:15 pm
I let Dan roll things



"So we are staying in this mess, this beautiful mess tonight"
Why so serious? :3 
avatar
Alisae
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 1460
Reputation Points : 1

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:38 am
Lol Dan I caught you D1 lol.

Anyone want feedback?
BTW I would have played very similarly as I did if I was town.


avatar
DanelerH
King of Games
King of Games
Posts : 2527
Reputation Points : 7

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:46 am
@Alisae wrote:Lol Dan I caught you D1 lol.
Yeah, but I ended up pulling myself far enough out of the ditch to make a comeback.
avatar
Alisae
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 1460
Reputation Points : 1

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:48 am
Dude you just coasted the whole fucking game lol.


avatar
DanelerH
King of Games
King of Games
Posts : 2527
Reputation Points : 7

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:54 am
@Alisae wrote:Dude you just coasted the whole fucking game lol.
Okay, fine, you got me.  To be honest, I'm surprised nobody else noticed.
avatar
Alisae
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 1460
Reputation Points : 1

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:56 am
Nah man I'm just saying good job.
You honestly deserve the win.


avatar
jjh927
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 3912
Reputation Points : 45

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:07 am
@Alisae wrote:
Anyone want feedback?

Go on then. What could I have done better?


avatar
Alisae
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 1460
Reputation Points : 1

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:35 am
JJ you were obvtown.
Easy to work with, was very clearly trying to solve the game.
Just your push on me was meh. Looking for why people do things is good thing to try to do.
Honestly some one like you will just get better as they learn more, so I encourage ya to play elsewhere like on MS :D

With that said, don't wallpost. I'ma just copy and paste what my first IC said about wallposting:
The first and foremost problem with a wall post is the lack of a concise argument to easily grab. Because a wall post has so many unnecessities, they generally fail to convey the point effectively to the reader. Any rhetorics course ever would tell you that you have to provide your argument in a concise way, because it is easier for people to understand. The only way you can convey your line of thought is if you understand your own thought and are able to structure it. If you can structure it, you can write it in a short post. Making it any longer than necessary is useless and actually counterproductive. I will not read a long post because the structure is generally unclear and thoughts are just thrown around in a random manner. At times (not often), I see a good wallpost, because there is so mich information to convey that it cannot be done in a shorter post. About all other wall posts are horrendous.

Next, wall posts are generally boring because they tend to mull over the same thing again and again. They also take up a lot of time to read.


avatar
Alisae
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 1460
Reputation Points : 1

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:37 am
Oh yeah. And this goes for everyone! Ask more questions!


avatar
Alisae
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 1460
Reputation Points : 1

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:39 am
Also just because someone doesn't defend themselves doesn't mean they're town.
Moreso it can be better to just try to address people's concerns, but try not to be super defensive.


avatar
DanelerH
King of Games
King of Games
Posts : 2527
Reputation Points : 7

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:54 am
I think I could also use some feedback.  I'm assuming one of the things would boil down to not coasting as much?
avatar
Alisae
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 1460
Reputation Points : 1

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:08 am
Coasting was good for you, as you can obvious see, it worked out.
Tho your stance on Me vs Faer really just screamed scum.
Honestly the only thing I can say for you is to look more townie IMO.

Why as Debi killed btw?
I figured he likes to gambit as a PR by saying he's a VT, so I knew he was a PR. Day 1 I was going back and forth between Light or JJ being Cop and Debi being doc.


avatar
Alisae
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 1460
Reputation Points : 1

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:15 am
oh nvm I just saw I need to read lol.


avatar
Bladecharge
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 907
Reputation Points : 0

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:13 am
can you guys give me some feedback on how i played


I am not good or bad but I am in between.  I am not one side I listen to both and there is always two sides to each story.  Just got to open up and not be stupid while listing.
avatar
faervel
Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist
Posts : 1584
Reputation Points : 16
What is life? Give me your money! Getting the hang of it Community favorite Who are you? Popular figure What's winning? Representative He was lucky Community slacker I was not even trying I got rid of my girlfriend! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

on Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:26 am
@DanelerH wrote:
@jjh927 wrote:WP DanelerH, had you as town entirely because of the encouragement to lock the lynch on Lux prematurely.
I saw no way to save Lux, so that was my best bet.  I was afraid I might have been seen as the Wolf after that, which is why I was extremely happy to see that my target for Night 2 (Alisae) was the Wolf.
Tbh had I survived I am pretty sure the game would change much considering I townread you as well cause of that play. Good job. ^.^
@Alisae wrote:BTW I would have played very similarly as I did if I was town.
Yeah that's why I consider myself stupid after playing wolf so many times and still failing to see how wolf would just get mixed in with the town to find the mafia cause let's be honest: It's almost the main reason people play mafia in the 1st place.

Also feedback please. :3

OH AND PLOT TWIST:You'd survive had you not killed me.


jjh927:sacker -_-

Amy Kool:
[05:06:21] @ Amy Kool : kaiba talks about screwing the rules but yugi actually does the shit

Achivements:
Survival Tourney second place-12/1/2013
Deck Master Lord tourney second place
DA's underdog of the year-2013
DA world cup 2nd place 8/25/2014
Sponsored content

Re: DA Wolf Mafia #5 (Mafia wins!)

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum