Time to make things great again!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Time to make things great again!

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:11 pm

YO! Have you come to this academy, but found yourself bored because only dice battles of randomness are going on? I mean dice battles are cool and all, but it isn't dice academy. 

WElP TIME TO MAKE SOME CHANGES!

Here are some tourney ideas or general duel relating things i and the staff team will try to incorporate here:

1.)Teams!. OH SHIT WAT?! YEA YOU HEARD ME,we are gonna make some teams around here. You can create your own team,logo,sigs and all that good stuff, all you need will be at least 2 people. Aim to be the coolest team around and get lots of rewards like special ranks, dp, interviews about your playstyle and fame etc.

2.) An improved ranking system and dueling league. We have dorms and all, but let's face it dorm ranking is dead, however the elo system for it is kinda good. Here is what we are gonna do. Implement bronze,silver,gold rankings and they would go like gold 5,gold 4 etc. What I'm saying is, depending on your wins you will get promoted, not just by the end of the season! Long gone are the horrid waits of admins or mods trying to close down the circuit, but that never actually happening. It's all rapid ranking up and down from now! Tear people to shreds to earn your way to the top! 

3.)A FLIPPIN DISCORD CHANNEL! HOLY FLIPPIN FUK WATTTT?! YOU MAD?! THAT WILL DESTROY DA BRUUUUH. Yeaaaa nah. Discord will make communication and keeping up with stuff way easier,not to mention the ability to add groups etc. Our activity is reflected by healthy ygo posts, not the chat staying at 0 until 12 am . This will just make communication way easier and effortless!

4.) A tourney every week or maybe 3 to 4 days. Casual and prized tournies you name it!,you can even host your own tournies without dp payment,cuz fk that. Have a brilliant tourney idea? Then share it loud and proud and we shall host it for you! Be a healthy contribution to the state of this academy!

5.) Events with fun themes that go beyond standard ygo rules! Expect crazy stuff like sudden death duels with 1lp and more limitations!

That is all i have for now! Would love to hear your opinions and contribution to this! Let us all make dueling academy the nr1 place to go for things yugioh!

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Duel Points : 33,550
Reputation Points : 30
Pro Decklists : 2
Medallions : 1
I got rid of my girlfriend! Here to stay I bet it's cool out there Business man Getting the hang of it Who are you? What's winning? GG2EZ Innovative He was lucky Never back down! I was not even trying I am 12 and what is this? Community favorite Underdog Rising Popular figure New hero in town! Representative I only got 4 dollars Community slacker

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to make things great again!

Post by Galaksii on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:13 pm

Userbars? How bow dah?

Former Assistant and Professor

Galaksii

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 6,095
Reputation Points : 69
Pro Decklists : 0

http://galaksiida.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:14 pm

@Galaksii wrote:Userbars? How bow dah?
Ye

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

I got rid of my girlfriend! Here to stay I bet it's cool out there Business man Getting the hang of it Who are you? What's winning? GG2EZ Innovative He was lucky Never back down! I was not even trying I am 12 and what is this? Community favorite Underdog Rising Popular figure New hero in town! Representative I only got 4 dollars Community slacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Staxx on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:14 pm

All of these are Grade A legit.

My Health Potions:
x2

Staxx

Duel Points : ∞-200

Reputation Points : 13
Dedicated member Who are you? Getting the hang of it Getting to know you Can get i get a discount? I am 12 and what is this? Community's favorite Representative Community slacker Sun God Staxx I am a rich man

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:21 pm

@powernova ik you wanted some change my dude, tell me what you think

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by DanelerH on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:08 am

If you're accepting suggestions for tournaments, how about a Riding/Turbo Duel tournament?

1. Since it would be a Turbo Duel, Speed World 2 would be active from the beginning and (unless there's a bug with YGOPro) it cannot be removed from the field.
  2. Due to the effect of Speed World 2, Speed Spells are the only Spells that can be activated.  The Speed Spells that were used in the games would be the only ones allowed (show anime cards; the ones listed as "VG" can be used).
  3. Optionally, the tournament host can allow the use of Acceleration Zone (a Trap used in the games that works with Speed Counters).
  4. Optionally, the tournament host can allow the used of banned cards that have a Speed Spell counterpart, such as Monster Reborn and Painful Choice.  These are slightly more balanced in a Turbo Duel format, as they require using a large number of Speed Counters.

DanelerH

King of Games
King of Games

Duel Points : 63,830
Reputation Points : 7
Medallions : 6
Duelist Kingdom Finalist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:12 am

@DanelerH wrote:If you're accepting suggestions for tournaments, how about a Riding/Turbo Duel tournament?

1. Since it would be a Turbo Duel, Speed World 2 would be active from the beginning and (unless there's a bug with YGOPro) it cannot be removed from the field.
  2. Due to the effect of Speed World 2, Speed Spells are the only Spells that can be activated.  The Speed Spells that were used in the games would be the only ones allowed (show anime cards; the ones listed as "VG" can be used).
  3. Optionally, the tournament host can allow the use of Acceleration Zone (a Trap used in the games that works with Speed Counters).
  4. Optionally, the tournament host can allow the used of banned cards that have a Speed Spell counterpart, such as Monster Reborn and Painful Choice.  These are slightly more balanced in a Turbo Duel format, as they require using a large number of Speed Counters.

I always wanted such a thing, but had no right idea on how to implement it. Sure thing! As i said I'm a fan of it

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda-Senpai on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:14 am

Change 'Duel Academy' to 'Mafia Dice Academy' ?

Achievments in spoiler.
Spoiler:
DA League S2, S9, and S11 winner
Chronos Survival Cup 3 Winner. TBUT2 and TBUT3 winner.
Won 29+ DA lives
DA Lives season 0, and season 1 winner.
Won more DA lives than anyone else. Alot more.
Supreme queen of May 2012, April-May 2013, and May 2014.
Three time Survival Master
My current DA record: Wins:451 Lost: 81 Draws: 6
Former Teacher and Assistant. Former Moderator.
First to ever reach the Abandoned Dark League
Moderator of the year 2013.
DA Regionals 2012 and 2013 top 4
Badass since 2011
First to ever pass the Slifer Exam, with a score of 34/35.
Much more.

Linda-Senpai

Survial Master
Survial Master

Duel Points : 21,410
Reputation Points : 118
Pro Decklists : 6
True Senpai Community Slacker Business man Get me out of here! I got rid of my girlfriend! Topic for you and you and everybody! He was lucky Yo Mama Supreme King GG2EZ Beatdown New hero in town Survival Master Give me your money! Popular Figure

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:16 am

@Linda-Senpai wrote:Change 'Duel Academy' to 'Mafia Dice Academy' ?
You monster D:

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentKatana on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:20 am

@CrimsonOverlord wrote:YO! Have you come to this academy, but found yourself bored because only dice battles of randomness are going on? I mean dice battles are cool and all, but it isn't dice academy. 

WElP TIME TO MAKE SOME CHANGES!

Here are some tourney ideas or general duel relating things i and the staff team will try to incorporate here:

1.)Teams!. OH SHIT WAT?! YEA YOU HEARD ME,we are gonna make some teams around here. You can create your own team,logo,sigs and all that good stuff, all you need will be at least 2 people. Aim to be the coolest team around and get lots of rewards like special ranks, dp, interviews about your playstyle and fame etc.

Sounds fun enough, I'd imagine you'd need to put a cap on how many people can be in a team though, to keep up a good variety of teams.

2.) An improved ranking system and dueling league. We have dorms and all, but let's face it dorm ranking is dead, however the elo system for it is kinda good. Here is what we are gonna do. Implement bronze,silver,gold rankings and they would go like gold 5,gold 4 etc. What I'm saying is, depending on your wins you will get promoted, not just by the end of the season! Long gone are the horrid waits of admins or mods trying to close down the circuit, but that never actually happening. It's all rapid ranking up and down from now! Tear people to shreds to earn your way to the top! 

Given how slow circuit has seemed to be since I returned, I can understand that to an extent... However, dorms are, and always will be quite iconic. Scrapping them tends to always be a poor idea in my experience. You can try and find a way to incorporate a ranking system in concurrence with the dorm system, say If you're gold 5 at the end of the month, you rank up to Ra or Obelisk, etc....

3.)A FLIPPIN DISCORD CHANNEL! HOLY FLIPPIN FUK WATTTT?! YOU MAD?! THAT WILL DESTROY DA BRUUUUH. Yeaaaa nah. Discord will make communication and keeping up with stuff way easier,not to mention the ability to add groups etc. Our activity is reflected by healthy ygo posts, not the chat staying at 0 until 12 am . This will just make communication way easier and effortless!

4.) A tourney every week or maybe 3 to 4 days. Casual and prized tournies you name it!,you can even host your own tournies without dp payment,cuz fk that. Have a brilliant tourney idea? Then share it loud and proud and we shall host it for you! Be a healthy contribution to the state of this academy!

Always a fan of tourneys, but there does need to be some moderation in terms of what tournaments should be accepted...

5.) Events with fun themes that go beyond standard ygo rules! Expect crazy stuff like sudden death duels with 1lp and more limitations!

That's unlikely to be able to happen without a manual dueling system, YGOpro is very unfriendly towards creative, custom rules. DN going down is one of the major reasons I never hosted the DA RPG I had in the works.....

That is all i have for now! Would love to hear your opinions and contribution to this! Let us all make dueling academy the nr1 place to go for things yugioh!

~The Fantastic Duodynamic Potatoes~

SilentKatana

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 43,970
Reputation Points : 9
Medallions : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:25 am

@silentkatana dueling nexus and maybe the soon to be dueling book are both manual platforms i think, so we should be fine on that event regard. Agree on most of your points, but I'm not fully erasing dorms. Just adding a bit of powershowcase and competitive spirit, for example who can get gold 5 in obelisk? aka who is the best obby etc, i think you get it.

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:19 am

@CrimsonOverlord wrote:
@DanelerH wrote:If you're accepting suggestions for tournaments, how about a Riding/Turbo Duel tournament?

I always wanted such a thing, but had no right idea on how to implement it. Sure thing! As i said I'm a fan of it
@CrimsonOverlord this is the one I told you guys about. 

P.S. thought you could first present this in Staff...now these guys have high expectations  bounce

"So we are staying in this mess, this beautiful mess tonight"
Why so serious? :3 

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Duel Points : 1510
Reputation Points : 23
Get me out of here Here to stay This is not hard I am 12 and what is this? Who are you? Give me your money! What's winning? Community favorite He was lucky Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend! Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:56 pm

Gotta get people hyped up @lux

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by username290 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:53 pm

I have no idea what discord is or what it does, but I might just... Do whatever it is that discord people do to do the DA does on discord

I have... no idea how to play this game... I should have been kicked out a long time ago... but I keep winning

username290

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 4,490
Reputation Points : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Booked on Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:03 pm

@CrimsonOverlord wrote:

the reason y events stopped was partly because DN died but thats not all.......anyways, ._. y did u tell me they didnt have speed world 2 in ygopro, or was it there just recently?

DONDABA DENDEN EGAEGAON.

Booked

Administrator
Administrator

Duel Points : 98931
Reputation Points : 45
Pro Decklists : 3
Forgotten Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by Staxx on Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:06 pm

@Lux wrote:
@CrimsonOverlord wrote:

@CrimsonOverlord this is the one I told you guys about. 

P.S. thought you could first present this in Staff...now these guys have high expectations  bounce
this is better than having no expectations with the "were working on it" line the staff likes to use....

My Health Potions:
x2

Staxx

Dedicated member Who are you? Getting the hang of it Getting to know you Can get i get a discount? I am 12 and what is this? Community's favorite Representative Community slacker Sun God Staxx I am a rich man

Back to top Go down

Post by Booked on Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:12 pm

the thing is, all the admins do stuff slower than a snail heh, so they may b intend to start something but it ends up to the "WERE WORKING ON IT" drag.....how many times have i or we experienced it ._. n if u work fast as an admin u r not one, i tasted it first hand

DONDABA DENDEN EGAEGAON.

Booked

Administrator
Administrator

Forgotten Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by LightYagami5 on Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:40 am

All of them are excellent ideas!

LightYagami5

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 3220
Reputation Points : 0
Freshman

Back to top Go down

Post by DDS on Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:59 am

Bookingly wrote:the thing is, all the admins do stuff slower than a snail heh, so they may b intend to start something but it ends up to the "WERE WORKING ON IT" drag.....how many times have i or we experienced it ._. n if u work fast as an admin u r not one, i tasted it first hand

The four deadly words strike again, saddening but not surprising. 

We shall see how things turn out I suppose.

Explore your boundaries! Open your mind... A new Land of Fantasy awaits!

DDS

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 42,185

+ Full Right to make fun of CrimsonOverlord
Reputation Points : 84
Pro Decklists : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Staxx on Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:45 pm

test bump

My Health Potions:
x2

Staxx

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackWarGreymon on Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Great news!

Chaos Knights

Ex-Ex-Moderator
Ex-Admin
Ex-RealAbdMember
[/color][/center]

BlackWarGreymon

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Duel Points : 28,870
Reputation Points : 143
Here to stay Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Yo Mamma Captain Tryhard He was lucky Underdog Rising Give me your money! Representative Community slacker I got rid of my girlfriend!

Back to top Go down

Post by Booked on Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:53 pm

u ran out of red spray paint in the middle of the 2)?

DONDABA DENDEN EGAEGAON.

Booked

Administrator
Administrator

Forgotten Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:32 pm

Bookingly wrote:u ran out of red spray paint in the middle of the 2)?
Yes

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerNova on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:53 pm

@CrimsonOverlord

You've gotten my attention again. I'll stay tuned to see how this all develops

Silent.Swift.Deadly
BA Challenge Thread

PowerNova

Assistant
Assistant

Duel Points : 68,005
Reputation Points : 41
Pro Decklists : 1
Here to stay This is not hard Who are you? Captain Tryhard GG2EZ The Worthy! Innovative Supreme King Give me your money! Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend!

Back to top Go down

Post by Booked on Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:07 pm

Hah...

u see, this may be just like ur usual "WE ARE WORKING ON IT" op shet lol, dont get too happy yet heh

DONDABA DENDEN EGAEGAON.

Booked

Administrator
Administrator

Forgotten Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Bookingly wrote:Hah...

u see, this may be just like ur usual "WE ARE WORKING ON IT" op shet lol, dont get too happy yet heh
No i got most points going lol, dont ruin the hype

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Booked on Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:39 am

then dont get it ruined easily chet

DONDABA DENDEN EGAEGAON.

Booked

Administrator
Administrator

Forgotten Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:05 pm

@PowerNova wrote:@CrimsonOverlord

You've gotten my attention again. I'll stay tuned to see how this all develops
@PowerNova I am also working on something pretty cool what I've named Yugioh Trivia. It will be like questions, I might make a leaderboard and stuff and make it even competitive. It's still in early preparations.

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Get me out of here Here to stay This is not hard I am 12 and what is this? Who are you? Give me your money! What's winning? Community favorite He was lucky Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend! Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:06 pm

Wohooo, so nerd can finally get out from there shell

On your kneez before the all mighty GOD OF GODS ^^

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

CUSTOM RANK The God of Gods
CUSTOM RANK The God of Gods

Duel Points : 21845
Reputation Points : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:10 pm

That's the point Smile

Lux

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top