Random topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Random topic

Post by Anzo on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:28 pm

So I'm sitting bored to hell and back at work thinking about many things. One topic i kept rehearsing in my mind is why everybody around me keeps telling me to quit smoking for one.

I've been a smoker for like two years now, It doesn't seem to affect my health: taking into account i jog everyday and always eat healthy food. I drink Hookah and occasionally would go for a drink with low alcohol percentage just for fun.

I'm a Muslim, and my religion forbids all which hurts the body. Though, in my mind - that is, in my OWN belief, it's only hurting your body if you're doing it without doing your body any good deeds in return. It's like balancing a stick where on one side you got 'bad' things and on the other side you got 'good' things. As long as it's balanced it shouldn't be considered any harm.

But yet again many would disagree. Not that I care much about what others tell me to do, but it's somehow annoying when they keep interfering in my business.

This is not a 'general discussion' threat, though feel free to comment your thoughts.

DA Administrator of the year 2012, 2014 l DA Artist of the Year 2012, 2014, 2015 l ~Lead, follow, or get out the way~

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Duel Points : Plenty
Reputation Points : 349
Pro Decklists : 0
I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Hi Mom! Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising Give me your money! Community favorite Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!

http://www.duelacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Random topic

Post by Bookingly on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:27 pm

because smoking has only harms to a body lol
Spoiler:
(I mean only good things r maybe like it fakely helps metabo n it relieves stress for a short amount of time....)
I mean, u r an adult u can decide ur habits urself u can continue, but the reason y ppl tell u to stop is obvious chet, plus it doesnt smell good standing next to a smoker heh
tobacco is similar to drugs, as most drugs came from plants too, n it has addictive nicotine in them, n it slows down ur system, it paint ur lungs black(well thats one thing drugs dont do yet tobacco does), etc. (It WAS originally designed as a drug for a certain ppl too)

You said how if you "repay" your body then it's not hurting anything......well no, its like treating a wound after u stabbed me, in some cases the wound will still stay there forever, u merely treated ur wound after u done smoking, ofc its better than to not train ur breathing at all but it will not erase the harm that was done, it merely made the damage less

Buuuut....there r some ppl that smoke for 80 years n dont have lung cancer or anything, so if u want to test ur luck, ofc u can

The pace is slow again....Something changed.
^OH ITS THIS

Bookingly

Duel Points : 88800
Reputation Points : 45
Pro Decklists : 3
Medallions : 3
Forgotten Pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaksii on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:44 pm

To be honest, I tried everything Anzo stated and I'm a muslim as well. In fact, normal beer tastes way better than non-alcoholic ones lmao. I tried cigaretes but I dislike them. Mostly because of the smell and I find them expensive. I haven't had shisha in a long time but I used to blow it with my friends after school. I rarely go out for a one nowdays... 
About alcohol, I tried some stuff from curiosity when I was a younger lol but I never got that habbit later because I was an athlethe, same goes with cigs. It's not really because of the religion, I mean I tried and didn't like it.
A lot of my friends drink and smoke, both muslims and christians and they respect that I don't. I don't really judge people. Imo you can do whatever you want as long as you can control it and don't bring your health and life in danger.
Unless you want to drive after drinking, then you are a careless fucking idiot.
That's all

Former Assistant and Professor

Galaksii

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 6,095
Reputation Points : 69

http://galaksiida.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:08 pm

Some people don't like the smell of cigs (I don't) but I already got used to it since many of my friends smoke. 

Cut the religion, if you want to smoke, then smoke. Not a big deal tbh, it's less wrongful than alcohol or drugs for not only yourself but others too.

"So we are staying in this mess, this beautiful mess tonight"
Why so serious? :3 

Lux

Administrator
Administrator

Duel Points : 1510
Reputation Points : 23
Medallions : 1
Get me out of here Here to stay This is not hard I am 12 and what is this? Who are you? Give me your money! What's winning? Community favorite He was lucky Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend! Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:08 pm

Because smoking has 0 benefits and it causes cancer. Even in moderation smoking is bad. Not to mention it makes you smell like shit, age you faster, hair thins out faster etc. You can jog after smoking or whatever, it doesnt matter, the damage is there. 
Its also expensive as hell, so you basically are paying to get cancer.

I've tried smoking ofc and while you feel better from that first cig, it just becomes a habit and you need a smoke whenever under stress etc. It does calm you down, no doubt, but you feel crap after it anyway.

You can quit at anytime, so do it now

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Duel Points : 33,550
Reputation Points : 30
Pro Decklists : 2
I got rid of my girlfriend! Here to stay I bet it's cool out there Business man Getting the hang of it Who are you? What's winning? GG2EZ Innovative He was lucky Never back down! I was not even trying I am 12 and what is this? Community favorite Underdog Rising Popular figure New hero in town! Representative I only got 4 dollars Community slacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzo on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:00 pm

Well I ain't quitting anything.

DA Administrator of the year 2012, 2014 l DA Artist of the Year 2012, 2014, 2015 l ~Lead, follow, or get out the way~

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Hi Mom! Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising Give me your money! Community favorite Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaksii on Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:08 pm

Cigs are like 2$ here where I live and I still find them expensive

Galaksii

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:18 pm

@Galaksii wrote:Cigs are like 2$ here where I live and I still find them expensive
kod nas 27kn (5$)

Lux

Administrator
Administrator

Get me out of here Here to stay This is not hard I am 12 and what is this? Who are you? Give me your money! What's winning? Community favorite He was lucky Popular figure I got rid of my girlfriend! Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaksii on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:34 pm

@Lux wrote:
@Galaksii wrote:Cigs are like 2$ here where I live and I still find them expensive
kod nas 27kn (5$)

5KM - Marlboro (19kn or 2.7$) 

And those are the most expensive ones here if I'm not mistaking

Galaksii

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:53 pm

@Anzo wrote:Well I ain't quitting anything.
If you dont care about aging quicker, or hair thinning out, or lungs getting worse, then keep at it. But if cancer hits you some day, will you regret it?

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

I got rid of my girlfriend! Here to stay I bet it's cool out there Business man Getting the hang of it Who are you? What's winning? GG2EZ Innovative He was lucky Never back down! I was not even trying I am 12 and what is this? Community favorite Underdog Rising Popular figure New hero in town! Representative I only got 4 dollars Community slacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaksii on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:09 pm

@CrimsonOverlord wrote:
@Anzo wrote:Well I ain't quitting anything.
If you dont care about aging quicker, or hair thinning out, or lungs getting worse, then keep at it. But if cancer hits you some day, will you regret it?

Cancer is the last thing you should worry about which doesn't mean you should take it for granted. It's not that common to be honest. Strokes, circulation, heart and lungs problems are at every corner. My physics teacher had multiple weaker strokes and I knew people who had nerve failures. All bcuz of cigarettes...

Galaksii

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by AbyssalYGO on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:12 pm

Smoking kills you, but it kills you slowly over time.
There are worse things out there I guess.
I would recommend switching to weed though tbh

AbyssalYGO

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 2090
Reputation Points : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:22 am

@AbyssalYGO wrote:Smoking kills you, but it kills you slowly over time.
Duuuuuude holy shit! Are you back? Been watching your youtube vids and the last red dragon archfiend vid made me so proud. Bruuuuh join our discord so we can meme duel again!

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by AbyssalYGO on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:50 am

@CrimsonOverlord wrote:
@AbyssalYGO wrote:Smoking kills you, but it kills you slowly over time.
Duuuuuude holy shit! Are you back? Been watching your youtube vids and the last red dragon archfiend vid made me so proud. Bruuuuh join our discord so we can meme duel again!
Well, I have no time for forums much, felt like dropping by though.
I do have time for Discord though, so if you could hit me up with a link I would join for sure.

AbyssalYGO

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 2090
Reputation Points : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:41 pm

Now, seems like this is popular place to chill and talk about Anzo's addictions. I've experienced with my own eyes some of the things that cigarettes can do to people. Both my parents are former smokers and both had different experiences stopping cigarettes. My dad did it relatively smoothly, but my mom was on a bed for a year and she just couldn't really recover mentally. Really the real problem about smoking is not all the diseases that it may cause or all the bad side effects, like aging you quicker and the other nasty stuff that Crimsy pointed out. It's how it affects you mental health. 

If we look at smoking realisticly, it has zero benefits. It's bad for us, the people around us and overall the surroundings that we inhabit. But so are many other things in life. A lot of things can get us ill, or are slowly killing us. But we don't stop them just because they're bad. But with cigarettes it's different. The important thing is why you started smoking and how. Was it because you felt weak or depressed or stressed or you were just trying to keep up with your friends and there new trends. If it's the latter then really it would be much easier for you to stop smoking sooner or later. If not, then you may find yourself in the situation of my mom one day. Give yourself a check on why you have picked up a ciggare for the past 2 years. And this is maybe the best thing you can do for yourself.

On your kneez before the all mighty GOD OF GODS ^^

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

CUSTOM RANK The God of Gods

Duel Points : 21845
Reputation Points : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzo on Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:31 am

My Marlboro disagrees with you.

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepchoninga on Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:52 am

Yeah well, Marlboro ain't even the best cigarettes! 

Mostly what I wanted to say is this. Don't let smoking enslave your mind. Make sure you control yourself and don't let cigarettes have any influence on your mind, your habits, your thinking or your soul. If you can manage to do that you can both stop smoking whenever you please and also prevent a lot of the bad things that being a smoker can lead to.

On your kneez before the all mighty GOD OF GODS ^^

#SUNBIRDNATION

Pepchoninga

Duel Points : 21845
Reputation Points : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by kyosuke kiryu on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:14 pm

Just smoke weed. Lol

kyosuke kiryu

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 92,195
Reputation Points : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonOverlord on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:26 pm

@Anzo wrote:My Marlboro disagrees with you.
Gotta agree that marlboro tastes pretty damn good

-The scarlet comet-
SHADOW RIDERS

CrimsonOverlord

Society of Light
Society of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:58 pm

Well hear this. One of my friends from the class smokes since she was 13 (she's 16 now) and starts shaking when she doesn't smoke for half a day. When she doesn't have cigs she pretends she's smoking. 

Now, my other friend from the class was smoking 1 year. He was saying he could stop whenever he wants. And he did more than a month ago. And he didn't even smoke little, 2-3 boxes every week.

Lux

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Staxx on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:40 pm

clearly Newports are the smoothest best cigs out there. 

I would suggest smoke weed homo, or start vaping.

My Health Potions:
x2

Staxx

Duel Points : 6,600
Reputation Points : 13
Dedicated member Who are you? Getting the hang of it Getting to know you Can get i get a discount? I am 12 and what is this? Community's favorite Representative Community slacker Sun God Staxx I am a rich man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top