NBA Playoffs 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NBA Playoffs 2017

Post by The Brodie on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:26 pm

WEST: 

1. Golden State Warriors vs Portland Trail Blazzers = This is a match-up between first-seeded Warriors and 8th seeded Trail Blazzers. Warriors have been the best regular season team once again but nothing else has been expected from them. A team with 4 All-Stars and 2 MVP's (and probably DPOY) shouldn't do anything else. Blazzers have been hot since the All-Star break and had 18-8 since then. Lillard's also been hot. But what probably got Blazzers into the playoffs is Jusuf Nurkić who builded a great chemistry along with C.J. Mccollum and Dame. Warriors are a huge favorite to win this series, and Portland can score a lot, but Warriors can score more and that's what's gonna most likely break this series. GSW will play hard defense on Lillard so it really depends on C.J. Mccollum. If he goes hot, this series can become really tricky. Prediction: Warriors in 5

2. San Antonio Spurs vs Memphis Grizzlies = This will be a boring series to watch IMO. Both teams are pretty defensive and there isn't a match-up between two superstars to watch. Spurs got the best all-around player in the League - Kawhi Leonard who has his well known world-class defense that led him to two DPOY titles also took his offensive game to a whole new level this year. He's now a brutal scorer. Hits threes, dunks, lay-ups, he does it all. And the Spurs system is too much for Grizzlies to handle. There is no need to split words for Popovich, he's one of the best coaches ever. Grizzlies got a nice team, but I expect Spurs to sweep them 4-0 or to finish 4-1 (4-2 worst case). 

3. Houston Rockets vs Oklahoma City Thunder = I'm OKC fan for several years already and huge Russell Westbrook fan. The way Russ has been playing this season is unbelievable and have never been seen before. He became only the second person in history to average a triple-double after the great Oscar Robertson. He averaged 31,6 PPG, 10.7 RPG and 10.4 APG. How to guard such a player? The answer is, you can't. He's unstoppable. Most dominant force in today's NBA. But the Rockets also have a superstar and MVP front-runner along with Russ, James Harden. Harden averaged 29 PPG, 8 RPG and 11APG. His season has also been AMAZING! The Beard tallied 22 triple-doubles during the season (Russ got 42, most ever in a season) and that's along with Russ's 42 most in the NBA during last 30 years. That shows just how amazing he was too. But Harden has a better team. True, Rockets and Thunders starting 5 are pretty equal, but Rockets has miles better bench. Lou Williams and Eric Gordon are both Top 5 candidates for 6th man of the year (one of them is sure gonna get it) and they dish THREES LIKE CRAZY!! In fact, whole Rockets team hit threes like crazy. And Thunder's offense heavily depends on Russell Westbrook's individual masterpiece. Thunder had most rebounds per game this season and their strenght this game will be fastbreak points (that's also thanks to Russ, who leads the fastbreaks after he gets the rebound (no, it's not stat-padding. They give Russ rebounds so he can pass to his running team-mate or simply storm to the other side by himself)). Rockets will guard Russ, the best they can if they can lol, but Thunder needs a big offensive support from either Victor Oladipo who CAN deliver it, or Steven Adams. Honestly, this series can go to Thunder hands, but Houston will most likely get it but I think this is the most interesting series in the first round of playoffs. 

Los Aneles Clippers vs Utah Jazz = I got bored of this so I'll finish laterP

This is Lux's Mafia account. 

The Brodie

Duel Points : 100
Reputation Points : 0
Pro Decklists : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: NBA Playoffs 2017

Post by The Brodie on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Leave your thoughts and predictions and if you got any questions for me just ask I've been following this season like hell (and I'm Europe) so I pretty much know everything  #ThisIsWhyWePlay

The Brodie

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaksii on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:29 pm

I'm having my eyes on Boston tho. I simply love watching Thomas.

Russ to get that MVP because Harden ain't shit

Former Assistant and Professor

Galaksii

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 6,095
Reputation Points : 69

http://galaksiida.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyAdams on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:31 pm

GSW in 6
SAS in 6
HOU in 6
UTAH in 7

East:

BOS in 6
CLE in 5
WAS in 7
MIL in 7

#TheKozmoForce

'I know not of any Will, but I have some of that power'

'Take a walk through our garden and smell the Aroma' - >THE< Aromage player of DA

ScottyAdams

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Duel Points : 8125
Reputation Points : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by The Brodie on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Boston got first seed but I seriously doubt them in playoffs. I don't have confidence in them. Thomas is an offensive force but defensively ZERO and teams will score 40-50 on him during playoffs. And Boston doesn't have another elite scorer aside from Thomas who needs pick&rolls...Overally, Cavs, Wizards and Raptors are higher on my list than Boston. 

You don't know how much I love Russ. When I've been saying he'll get the MVP this season people were laughing. Where are you now :D

The Brodie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Brodie on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Bucks in 7 is a brave prediction. But I'm almost as excited for that series as I am for OKC - HOU

The Brodie

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyAdams on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:48 pm

Boston have enough about them to get past Chicago imo. Really can't see the Bulls winning that series. ATL/WAS and TOR/MIL are th 2 I'm looking forward too, as they could legit go either way. Think the Bucks have just a little more about them tho, yet won't be surprised if the Raps take it. HOU/OKC should be a good one too. Russ is MVP, no doubt about that --- HOU just have the better overall team tbh.

#TheKozmoForce

'I know not of any Will, but I have some of that power'

'Take a walk through our garden and smell the Aroma' - >THE< Aromage player of DA

ScottyAdams

Ra Yellow Duelist
Ra Yellow Duelist

Duel Points : 8125
Reputation Points : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Staxx on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:56 pm

West:
GSW in 5
SAS in 6
HOU in 7
LAC in 7

East:
BOS in 5
CLE in 4
WAS in 7
TOR in 5

I think cavs are going to sweep the Pacers. Pretty sure Teague and Jefferson are injured. There's no way PG13 can carry.

My Health Potions:
x2

Staxx

Duel Points : ∞-200

Reputation Points : 13
Dedicated member Who are you? Getting the hang of it Getting to know you Can get i get a discount? I am 12 and what is this? Community&#39;s favorite Representative Community slacker Sun God Staxx I am a rich man

Back to top Go down

Post by Staxx on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:58 pm

i dont think the bucks are going to do to much damage. at most, they might go game 6.

My Health Potions:
x2

Staxx

Duel Points : ∞-200

Reputation Points : 13
Dedicated member Who are you? Getting the hang of it Getting to know you Can get i get a discount? I am 12 and what is this? Community&#39;s favorite Representative Community slacker Sun God Staxx I am a rich man

Back to top Go down

Post by The Brodie on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:41 pm

Indiana Pacers 108-109 Cleveland Cavaliers

Couldn't ask for a better way to kick off the playoffs. 
Box score:
LeBron James: 32pts, 6reb, 13ast, 42min
Kyrie Irving: 23pts, 3reb, 6ast, 38min
Paul George: 29pts, 5reb, 7ast

This will be a great series.

The Brodie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Brodie on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:22 am

Milwaukee Bucks 97-83 Toronto Raptors 

A huge road win by the Bucks. Great beginning of the series as the favored Raptors lost. 

Box score:
Giannis Antetokounmpo - 28pts, 8reb, 3ast, 2stl, 1blk, 38min
Malcolm Brogdon - 16pts, 6reb, 2ast, 4 3pm
DeMar DeRozan - 27pts, 8reb, 1ast, 38min
Serge Ibaka - 19pt, 14reb, 3blk

Memphis Grizzlies 82-111 San Antonio Spurs

An expected win by the Spurs. Kawhi is a nightmare match-up for Grizzlies. 

Box score: 
Marc Gasol -32pts, 5reb, 2blk
Kawhi Leonard - 32pts, 3reb, 5ast, 2stl
LaMarcus Aldridge - 20pts, 6reb

Utah Jazz 97-95 Los Angeles Clippers

A very close game. I expect this to go in 7 games

Box score: 
Gordon Hayward - 19pts, 10reb
Blake Griffin - 26pts, 7reb
Chris Paul - 25pts, 7reb, 11ast, 3stl
DeAndre Jordan - 10pts, 15reb, 3blk