Time to use your iPhone guru stats

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Time to use your iPhone guru stats

Post by Anzo on Thu May 18, 2017 7:19 am

Sup,

So I have two devices in which I use interchangeably. I have a Samsung Note 3 and an iPhone 6. I have no problem with my Android device, but I screwed up something with my iPhone.

• To make it simple and easy to understand:
    I made a passcode and a fingerprint.
    I forgot my passcode.
    I cannot unlock my phone with my fingerprint unless I enter a valid passcode first.
    My iPhone is disabled (it says for 1 hour).
    I haven't made any extra attempts at passcode.

I plugged it in to my Laptop and ran iTunes. I tried to Restore the device by following the steps from Apple Support.
1. Hold down Wake/Sleep button alongside Home button for at least 8 seconds.
2. Let go of Wake/Sleep button as soon as Apple logo appears.
3. Let go of home button as soon as iTunes logo appears.
4. iTunes should recognize your iPhone on your Laptop and suggest that something is wrong, and directs you to Update/Restore page.
5. Click Restore and Update device.

So I followed these steps and It works, to some extent. Half way through an error message shows up saying you must enter your passcode. I mean this is dump, I'm restoring my device because It's disabled and I cannot remember my passcode.

Anyhow, I don't have an iCloud so things aren't tough. I just want to properly restore my device.

I could use some help here.

DA Administrator of the year 2012, 2014 l DA Artist of the Year 2012, 2014, 2015 l ~Lead, follow, or get out the way~

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Duel Points : Plenty
Reputation Points : 349
Pro Decklists : 0
I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Hi Mom! Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising Give me your money! Community favorite Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!

http://www.duelacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Time to use your iPhone guru stats

Post by kyosuke kiryu on Thu May 18, 2017 7:37 am

Go to Apple Store

kyosuke kiryu

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 92,195
Reputation Points : 12
Medallions : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzo on Thu May 18, 2017 7:55 am

I was hoping for a more in-depth solution.

DA Administrator of the year 2012, 2014 l DA Artist of the Year 2012, 2014, 2015 l ~Lead, follow, or get out the way~

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

I am a Senpai now! Get me out of here Topic for you, and you, and everybody! Hi Mom! Captain Tryhard GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying The Worthy! Never back down! I am 12 and what is this? Underdog Rising Give me your money! Community favorite Popular figure Representative Community slacker Business man I got rid of my girlfriend!

Back to top Go down

Post by kyosuke kiryu on Fri May 19, 2017 9:05 am

Honestly that's the only thing left to do. With I phones we are limited when it comes to troubleshooting it after all the steps you tried.

kyosuke kiryu

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 92,195
Reputation Points : 12
Medallions : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Staxx on Fri May 19, 2017 2:29 pm

iPhone 4s, 5s, SE, & 7+ user here....

oh shit dude, that sucks. You prob will have to go to an apple store or send it off. Because without that code, even if you try to completely wipe that phone, when you're going through the reboot part of the reset, it's going to ask for that code.

And there's no way you don't have an icloud account. you needed it before you could download your first app on the phone. The account associated with you icloud, doesnt have to be an "@icloud.com" email. I use my one of my gmail emails to log into icloud. So, I would try logging into icloud with your main email, and try to reset your passcode that way.

My Health Potions:
x2

Staxx

Duel Points : 6,600
Reputation Points : 13
Dedicated member Who are you? Getting the hang of it Getting to know you Can get i get a discount? I am 12 and what is this? Community's favorite Representative Community slacker Sun God Staxx I am a rich man

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuran on Sat May 20, 2017 12:27 am

put it in a pot of rice that should help

Nuran

Obelisk Blue Duelist
Obelisk Blue Duelist

Duel Points : 121279
Reputation Points : 72
Here to Stay GG2EZ He was lucky I was not even trying

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzo on Sun May 21, 2017 8:00 am

@Nuran now that's a solution, taking the 'in-depth' part a bit more literally aren't you? lol

Anyhow, I managed to restore it. It didn't ask for the old passcode or fingerprint or whatever. It also didn't ask for an iCloud. I just signed in with my Apple ID and that's it. Darn it I'm so glad. I thought my iPhone was done for.

@Staxx I'm not sure what you mean with I must have had an iCloud. I'm positive that I don't. Though yea I don't use my iPhone as much as I do with my Android so I'm may lack some basic knowledge on this one.

Anzo

Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Staxx on Sun May 21, 2017 2:09 pm

If you go to iCloud.com and log in with your Apple ID you'll be in there like swimwear

My Health Potions:
x2

Staxx

Duel Points : 6,600
Reputation Points : 13
Dedicated member Who are you? Getting the hang of it Getting to know you Can get i get a discount? I am 12 and what is this? Community's favorite Representative Community slacker Sun God Staxx I am a rich man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top