[FinalRound] Deck Building Tournament #1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[FinalRound] Deck Building Tournament #1

Post by WondeRy on Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:53 am

Welcome to the " Deck Building Tournament " series by yours truly WondeRy

This tournament is going to be played in the format:
-single elimination
- match duels
-TCG/OCG banlist (the list thats on Dueling Book at the time of the event)

Disconnecting and cheating

Click:

If you or your opponent disconnect from a duel because of internet connection or PC problem, the game will be -> replayed if the game was in its first turn and a board advantage was not taken.
 For example - player A and B go to game one but player A's screen freezes after siding. The game is re hosted and the player that lost game one concedes so that both can go to the siding screen.

Example 2 - It is the first turn and player one plays his cards and gains significant board presence with card of demise , search effects and so on, his board consists of 2-3 monsters and 2-3 powerful set spells or traps and passes turn to player B. 
Situation one - player B disconnects or game crashes for him -> game is rehosted. Even if player A had a huge advantage, player B was not even able to play so game state can be reset.
Situation two - player A disconnects -> game is rehosted again because it was just the first turn.
Situation three - the play was made in the middle of the game and player A has game on board, but disconnects - if player A made a screenshot of the gamestate admin (me) will evaluate if he was going to win the game and gives him the win, otherwise player B gets the win. Player B can provide a screenshot of his own to the admin to show that he had an answer to the board. For example player A has a Judgement Dragon on the field and the opponent is at 3000 LP. Player A disconnects but he has the screenshot that the opponent had only one card in hand and 2 set cards that he would have destroyed with JD's effect. Judge says to player B if you have a screenshot of what your set cards were and your card in hand was (to confirm that he had an answer) you can win,otherwise you lose. Player B shows a screenshot with starlight road set or a battle fader in hand -> he wins. He doesnt have a screenshot -> he loses, does have a screenshot but the card in hand is irrelevant and the set cards cannot be displayed - he loses.

If a player is caught in cheating (both by not obeying the rules of the tournament or cheating in game) he will be punished accordingly. A nonintentional cheat (meaning illegal move) that was not detected by both players will not be punished. A non-intentional cheat or a move spotted after the game has concluded does not change the game outcome. For example player A uses soul charge and then special summons bunch of monsters and starts doing his combos. The turn gets so long that both players forget about soul charge's effect and player A goes to battle phase and attacks for game. Player B concedes but after a minute he recalls that player A had used soul charge and he couldn't attack that turn - player A still wins because Player B had conceded.

Each Deck Building Tournament will have a different rule that you have to follow.

The rule this time is:

Construct a deck consisting of only FIRE attribute monsters. You are not allowed to use any monsters in your main,extra and side deck, that are not originally with the FIRE attribute. Cards that create tokens/ or spells/traps that summon themselves cannot be used unless the token/trap monster's original attribute is FIRE. For example any paleozoic trap is not allowed, though Cloning is allowed, since its attribute will become FIRE when played on a FIRE monster.

Burn / Stall / FTK / Mill decks are not allowed, though that does not mean that you can't have a few cards that mill,burn or stall, just don't focus on that as a win condition.

For example : You may include Ignition Beast Volcannon ,but you can't build your deck around summoning it over and over again to burn your opponent to death.

Your deck has to include AT LEAST 10 Monster cards.

To sign up use this :

Code:
DN Name:
IGN Name:
TimeZone:
Deck link:

Signed up so far:

1.DN Name: username290/Name on all platforms: username290/Timezone: EST
2.CutieLucie83/Derp/IST
3.DA Name : TricMagic/In-game Name : TricMagic/Time Zone : Global UTC -6
4.Staxx The Human/Staxx/-7
5.DN Name:Olethros/IGN Name:Olethros/TimeZone:BST
6.DN Name: xenoburn/IGN Name:xenoburn/TimeZone:GMT

Final round 6th October deadline !

Last edited by WondeRy on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:03 pm; edited 8 times in total

~     E .F .S .F  .  E l i t e    ~

WondeRy

Assistant
Assistant

Duel Points : 26580
Reputation Points : 5
Pro Decklists : 1
Medallions : 4

Back to top Go down

Re: [FinalRound] Deck Building Tournament #1

Post by username290 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:05 pm

DN Name: username290
Name on all platforms: username290
Timezone: EST
Deck
Fear the unorignality:

Deck

questions? comments? concerns?

username290

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 4,490
Reputation Points : 7
Pro Decklists : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by CutieLucie83 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:23 pm

CutieLucie83

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 600
Reputation Points : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by TricMagic on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:38 pm

Fear the Unoriginal.. Why?

DA Name : TricMagic
In-game Name : TricMagic
Time Zone : Global UTC -6

It is time to Revive: The Ancient Nightmare of 40 card Decks:
Armageddon!:
[img]

Last edited by TricMagic on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Previous Charecters:

Alisae Hosted Madness:

Linda-Senpai wrote:God  damn Tric is better than I thought! He's going for a skip day D: if he gets the others to go along with it, I'm utterly fucked. Though in that case, I guess we'll just have to use the Strongman modifier to kill faervel, claim I targeted faer but Mafia saw it coming and killed him, then say I checked how many uses Light has of his ability and say zero (assuming he were to not kill me or you. He's probably going to kill you then get me lynched). I think we lose if Tric's skip day plan goes through lol.

TricMagic

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 4,980
Reputation Points : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Staxx on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:22 pm

Fire decks but burn cant be the win condition is dumb as shit.... but anyways... 

Staxx The Human
Staxx

My Health Potions:
x2

Staxx

Duel Points :
Reputation Points : 13
Dedicated member Who are you? Getting the hang of it Getting to know you Can get i get a discount? I am 12 and what is this? Community's favorite Representative Community slacker Sun God Staxx I am a rich man

Back to top Go down

Post by Olethros on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:59 pm

DN Name:Olethros
IGN Name:Olethros
TimeZone:BST
Deck link:https://i.imgur.com/Zntm6ST.png

Olethros

Supreme King
Supreme King

Duel Points : 24,850
Reputation Points : 3
Medallions : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by WondeRy on Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:38 pm

You need to post your deck @Staxx as part of the sign up.

WondeRy

Assistant
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Staxx on Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:12 pm

WondeRy wrote:You need to post your deck @Staxx as part of the sign up.
i will when i have it build lol

My Health Potions:
x2

Staxx

Duel Points :
Dedicated member Who are you? Getting the hang of it Getting to know you Can get i get a discount? I am 12 and what is this? Community's favorite Representative Community slacker Sun God Staxx I am a rich man

Back to top Go down

Post by WondeRy on Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:46 pm

Well the idea is to sign up with a deck to make sure it is a valid one because it is a unique format. If the bracket starts and your decklist is not allowed that will delay your first game. Tomorrow is the deadline guys. Let's get at least 8 people!

WondeRy

Assistant
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Staxx on Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:33 am

My Health Potions:
x2

Staxx

Duel Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by WondeRy on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:41 pm

5 people single elimination is kinda bad, I will switch this to 3 round swiss if you guys agree.

WondeRy

Assistant
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Olethros on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:44 pm

+1 for swiss

Olethros

Supreme King
Supreme King

Back to top Go down

Post by TricMagic on Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:12 pm

K.

Previous Charecters:

Alisae Hosted Madness:

Linda-Senpai wrote:God  damn Tric is better than I thought! He's going for a skip day D: if he gets the others to go along with it, I'm utterly fucked. Though in that case, I guess we'll just have to use the Strongman modifier to kill faervel, claim I targeted faer but Mafia saw it coming and killed him, then say I checked how many uses Light has of his ability and say zero (assuming he were to not kill me or you. He's probably going to kill you then get me lynched). I think we lose if Tric's skip day plan goes through lol.

TricMagic

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by xenoburn on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:56 pm

DN Name: xenoburn
IGN Name:xenoburn
TimeZone:GMT
Deck link:https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=881934

xenoburn

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 100
Reputation Points : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by TricMagic on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:32 pm

Well that was easy, as expected of Reasoning. Too many levels in this deck. 2-0 Ultimate Baseball!

Previous Charecters:

Alisae Hosted Madness:

TricMagic

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by Olethros on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:42 pm

won 2-1

Olethros

Supreme King
Supreme King

Back to top Go down

Post by WondeRy on Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:34 pm

Guys the deadline is today. Try to duel today or post here for activity to see who is actually trying to duel 

@CutieLucie83 vs @username290

WondeRy

Assistant
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by WondeRy on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:30 pm

Updated deadline guys, try to get dueling!

WondeRy

Assistant
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by TricMagic on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:45 pm

won 2-1 in a fierce match, well the last anyway, duel two just got steamrolled. GG Olethros.

Previous Charecters:

Alisae Hosted Madness:

TricMagic

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post by WondeRy on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:28 pm

Ole takes a painful loss that makes him drop the tournament.

WondeRy

Assistant
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by WondeRy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:47 pm

Guys its 2 days past the deadline not even one reply by @Staxx or @xenoburn I am ending this.

First place goes to TricMagic 2nd to Lucie and nothing to anybody else because of inactivity or dropping from the tournament. DP awarded.

WondeRy

Assistant
Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down