I have a question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have a question

Post by Patrick92 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:07 am

Would Fortune Lady Light get her Special Summon effect if she's sent to the graveyard by Dark Renewal's effect? Thanks!

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fortune_Lady_Light

Patrick92

Slifer Red Duelist
Slifer Red Duelist

Duel Points : 100
Reputation Points : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a question

Post by Olethros on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Fortune Lady Light would not get the summon effect if sent to the graveyard by the effect of Dark Renewal.

The reason for this is as follows:

Dark Renewal's effect states:

Target 1 of those monsters and 1 Spellcaster-Type monster you control; send both monsters to the Graveyard, then you can Special Summon 1 DARK Spellcaster-Type monster from your Deck or Graveyard.

The conjunctive "then" indicates that the part of the effect before the conjunctive is done strictly before the part of the effect after the conjunctive. Therefore, if the part of the effect after the conjunctive is applied, cards and effects cannot be activated in response to the part of the effect before the conjunctive, and so effects that could be activated in response to that event miss the timing.

If you're not already, make sure to join the discord so if you have any more questions they can be answered in a more timely manner: https://discordapp.com/invite/jNkgp3v

Olethros

Supreme King
Supreme King

Duel Points : 24,850
Reputation Points : 3
Pro Decklists : 0
Medallions : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Staxx on Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:55 am

theres your answer man! hope it helps.

My Health Potions:
x2

Staxx

Duel Points :
Reputation Points : 13
Pro Decklists : 0
Dedicated member Who are you? Getting the hang of it Getting to know you Can get i get a discount? I am 12 and what is this? Community's favorite Representative Community slacker Sun God Staxx I am a rich man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top